xWulffx

Emile Bertin post buff review

14 posts in this topic

I free xp'd to this ship when it was still at the lower speed (yet decent) 34 knots and did fairly well in it with a 3 perk captain averaging 40-50K damage.  With the recent buff to it's speed of 39 knots, It's downright fast.  It can outrun many DD's even if they have the speed boost deployed.  It started fires very well prior to my getting Demolition Expert, and it's very effective now, which allows fire damage to compensate for the lack of rof.  Additionally, even though the rof is slower than most other tier 4 - 6 cruisers the guns aren't shooting such a rainbow arc as the US ships, and it allows enough time for the repair party to stop working and set more fires.  It has good 9 km 60 knot torps which are a little light on damage, but the extra range and arcs of fire are pretty nice. IMHO it's a keeper and generally have done 50-60K average damage post-buff.

I'm sorry to be that guy, but according to warships.today you have played 16 games in the ship, and have a damage average below both your stated averages above (36.798 avg. damage). 

Are you getting a bit carried away by those smooth french voices? :) 

9 hours ago, Birkovic said:

I'm sorry to be that guy, but according to warships.today you have played 16 games in the ship, and have a damage average below both your stated averages above (36.798 avg. damage). 

Are you getting a bit carried away by those smooth french voices? :) 

Those numbers were off the top of my head, and I never checked my damage numbers on the stat page. There's  a bit of confirmation bias to be sure, but my last several games in it were 50K+ ... had a 66K damage game today in it. 

Its a really good boat. It has better range than the Omaha clones as well as the tier 6 Cleveland.

Finished the grind in it yesterday, in 9 battles (flags ftw), it is a very solid little cruiser, very fast, is so paper that people struggle to citadel it cos they get overpens, decent fire chance on the guns, guns turn fast as well, some useful torps and solid range for a tier 5 so you can still do ok in tier 7 games.

Averaged 57k damage in it and won 6 of those 9 games. 

Free XP'd through the tier 6 because the ROF looks bad and is expecting a buff, tier 7 looks good so far from one game, another solid fire starter, speed boost is a bit pointless though cos it only basically makes you as fast as IJN and Russian cruisers when it's on. 

I cant figure out french Cruisers.

Unless im at max range shooting away. 

Even then, one hit from a bb is 80% even when well angled at 15km~ 

Getting bitched at by DDs because i cant bully shit outta a cap or hit stuff super reliability in cap from 15km 

Some lines are just inferior, or boring.  I have only seen the Charles Martel pulkl it's weight when I face them on the enemy team.  The rest ( including the tiwr 10 ) are pretty incidental to the outcome of the battle.

Tier 8 and 9 are very good, well they are almost same ship. But gamestyle is mostly sitting long range and spamming HE with excellent fire chances. Close range AP is fine too. Very agile, can dodge returning BB fire almost better than any other high tier cruiser.

I'm frustrated with the french cruisers. can't citadel them with BBs, and even my CAs have trouble with overpens. 

My experience varies, since im running a lot any AP pens down my length of the ship usually rekts me, 

On ‎8‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 7:44 AM, SoliDeoGloria said:

I'm frustrated with the french cruisers. can't citadel them with BBs, and even my CAs have trouble with overpens. 

Not that I'm particularly talented at BBs or anything but I have noticed the best time to hit them is when they have slight angling either at the beginning or end of a turn. It's either normal pens or citadels. Perfectly broadside their armor seems too thin to arm the fuse properly.

40 minutes ago, Rodrigopine said:

Not that I'm particularly talented at BBs or anything but I have noticed the best time to hit them is when they have slight angling either at the beginning or end of a turn. It's either normal pens or citadels. Perfectly broadside their armor seems too thin to arm the fuse properly.

Yep. Exactly when it's hardest to predict where they'll be. And I find a lot of them striaghtline and go broadside, because they know they're safe.

44 minutes ago, SoliDeoGloria said:

Yep. Exactly when it's hardest to predict where they'll be. And I find a lot of them striaghtline and go broadside, because they know they're safe.

Yeah last month when I was doing Dunkerque missions for the dank camo, French and some of the German cruisers, like k-Berg and n-Berg, were the most frustrating to shoot because of the AP pen being too strong. I found out though that shooting them in the nose or the bum I could citadel them, RNGeesus willing. But I feel your frustration at not being able to punish them as you would other cruisers.