Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DirtyACE7

Prokhorovka/Fiery Salient for heavies

8 posts in this topic

I found an older thread from a couple years ago discussing this map but wasn't sure how accurate the meta is still for heavy tanks. I'm mainly referring to the slower moving heavies, not the heaviums like fcm, t-10, and the like. I was playing my E 75 and got this map a couple times. First time I went into the middle from south spawn like I usually do when I play with mediums and it felt ok. The second time I decided to go hill from the north spawn and it was ok-ish except that I got overrun due to like 2/3 of my team deciding to just camp the 1-2 lines. I probably should have stuck with them and just camped as brain dead as it is.

So what is the current meta for slower moving heavies on this map? Did I have the right general ideas about going middle and/or hill?

Support according to your team. I am a shitter but my suggestion is: north gets better shots from the hill to the centre so count how many tanks you have with you to hold that position. If you dont have enough numbers, play mid in the pocket close to the tracks to snipe the hill or mid. From there pay attention to the 1 2 line because pubbies cant even camp and if you lose that is gg. 

South play mid (best option) or try to go hill and see if you can push it accordingly  to your team or at least try to spot for middle but be aware they will fuck you over a lot. If you push pray rngesus that your pubbies will follow and not kill themselves after when they try to shoot from the railroad. 

I just go middle ridgeline and poke over for a couple of seconds, or just chaisnipe the hill from the very edge of the draw range, otherwise i get cucked by invisiwookies if i go 1-2 lines or end up in a 3 way crossfire if i go hill.

1 hour ago, nabucodonsor said:

I am a shitter but my suggestion is

Common, give us all more credit. We are all shitters here ;)

Seriously though, don't worry about it. I'm asking because I need some advice and just because your stats are one way doesn't mean that you can't have good ideas. I appreciate it. My thinking was kind of along the same lines as yours.

It's entirely depends on the mm, and your tank. I think the only golden rule is for heavies, if you can't push the 1 line, then don't go 1 line. 

From green side:

1. If my entire team camps in A1. The ridges give you cover against 3/4 of the map. You can also try to figure out which bush is taken by the scout, and blind shoot him.
  2.  If there is no arty, and your armor is really solid. The rock there can be used to get cover against TDs.
  3. If there are arties or my armor is useless, but the gun is not too derpy. One can snipe from there while unspotted. If nothing else to do.
  4. Standard position, if there are not too many big hitting arties.
  5. If the 6. position is taken by the allies and you want to shoot the TDs, or early game if you want to kill an aggressive heavy in the red 5 position.
  6. With turret armor, spot/peek/farm depends on the situation.
  7. If you are Maus and you feel like doing something stupid. (It actually works, if the enemy team doesn't have a tons of TDs)
  8. If not every bot camping in the A1 corner. Luckily you also have some retards in A6/A0, but you are alone.

orjQxHH.jpg

The red positions are symmetrical. The numbering is fucked up but I hope it's understandable.

The only special one is the 5. It is semi hull down, and only works if the enemy team has also a slow setup, there is no arty and you have support.

Spot 5 is where i like to go as a medium except i push further up to the buildings to spot stuff for the team in mid. As a Heavy, I generally only go there as a quicker heavy.

That being said, i went to the green 7 position from south as a JPE and farmed like mad. It kinda works in superheavies. You get to smash enemy TDs or the occasional retard MT/HT too in E6. Its necessary to have a really strong team presence on the Hill and hope to god the pubbies take advantage of your push to push down as well. 

From north, after crossing the tracks, if i push the 6 line i usually stop at E6 since any further and those on the hill usually end up smashing anything, so i wait for them to get preoccupied and shoot them down. Unless you're in a Maus because the Maus is fucking stupid now. 

Also if your team is all on the 1 line and you're in a Maus? Fuck it. Push 1 line. If there are a lot of enemy TDs, at least your game will be quick. 

22 hours ago, DirtyACE7 said:

Common, give us all more credit. We are all shitters here ;)

Seriously though, don't worry about it. I'm asking because I need some advice and just because your stats are one way doesn't mean that you can't have good ideas. I appreciate it. My thinking was kind of along the same lines as yours.

Eh problem is that i am getting worse and worse at this game so i figured my ideas are not the best probably, but thanks anyway. 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0