OneSlopoke

Has anyone tried to study lower to medium skillsets?

37 posts in this topic

I've actually started occasionally watching really bad players if I die and I think that while the reasons given above are fairly accurate - I also think about 1/2 of them are playing in excess of 500 ping.  Watch them, they will drive into walls and get turned around, they shoot way behind tanks in close up fights, they drive off of bridges - I  call it Windows ME syndrome.

When I watch my favorite streamers, they tend to abuse positioning far more than the abuse vision on most maps.

6 hours ago, Archaic_One said:

When I watch my favorite streamers, they tend to abuse positioning far more than the abuse vision on most maps.

Vision game is pretty much dead today. When T67 was called T49 I did managed blue WN8 (it was purple in WN7) with it. At that moment I thought I really started to get a hand in this game. However things changed, some in game, 8.6(?) accuracy buff helped me a lot, but I really not able to adjust back after the nerf with my irregular ping. Maps became brawl focus does not help either. Some out of game, such as having my second child killed my playtime.

My performance was falling like shit since.

23 hours ago, SchnitzelTruck said:

For me vision/ camo is *fart noise*

This is a brawling game. Being able to outbrawl whatever you come across is far more important than anything else. Anyone who says otherwise is kidding themselves.

I didn't even bother with attempting to abuse camo until recently when I started playing more LTs and even then it's mostly just out maneuvering your opponent and being a thorn in their side by capitalizing on them being preoccupied 

understanding how to use vision is unecessary to be a 60%+ WR player

tl;dr

Who needs vision when you yolo yourself into the enemy and come out on top? :MingLee:

4 minutes ago, Fulcrous said:

tl;dr

Who needs vision when you yolo yourself into the enemy and come out on top? :MingLee:

Drunk tanking is best tanking

17 hours ago, Archaic_One said:

I also think about 1/2 of them are playing in excess of 500 ping

Could be, but unlikely. A few friends/colleagues of mine play this game occasionally and being old farts like me most of these can't drive and shoot, can't look at the minimap once even a little bit of action gets going, can't aim.

I guess this looks a lot like awful network ping when it is just awful brain ping.

On 5/19/2017 at 5:57 AM, Jaegaer said:

Could be, but unlikely. A few friends/colleagues of mine play this game occasionally and being old farts like me most of these can't drive and shoot, can't look at the minimap once even a little bit of action gets going, can't aim.

I guess this looks a lot like awful network ping when it is just awful brain ping.

I'm an old fart, and my normal ping to US East is in the 18-25 ms range.  No way to blame my awful stats on ping time, it's the malfunction between chair and keyboard.

2 hours ago, Tanager said:

I'm an old fart, and my normal ping to US East is in the 18-25 ms range.  No way to blame my awful stats on ping time, it's the malfunction between chair and keyboard.

Admitting you suck is a good first step to improvement.

3 minutes ago, Stige said:

Admitting you suck is a good first step to improvement.

Lemme try it..."I suck!" Okay, so I'm a better player now, right?  Darn...didn't work.

in what specific areas do you suck in? map knowledge? crew skills? vision/camo mechanics? weakspots? pen/range dropoff?

knowing what areas you lack in is a great starting point. like for me right now I suck at judging when to relocate from a failing flank or to reinforce another area to get the overmatch. it's a process. I know more about accuracy than most here but reading team comps? hellz nah.

20 hours ago, Tanager said:

Lemme try it..."I suck!" Okay, so I'm a better player now, right?  Darn...didn't work.

My dick's a little lower if you really wanna suck.

On ‎5‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 2:53 AM, HS5 said:

You should. There is so much information already in the game that no one can use it all. If you add XVM, it takes your concentration away from something else. Especially at your level, you would be far better of concentrating on basic stuff than trying to guess what other players will do based on their color. There is no way to jump from yellow to purple, just go with basic stuff first, take your heavy tank to where heavy tanks usually go and and that kind of stuff, with your number of games you should have a pretty good clue about these kind of things already. Concentrate on basics and don't try to make it too complicated for yourself. I see your most played tanks are all heavies, most(and all T8) with less than 49 % WR, so there is definitely work to do there. 

My stats don't seem to show here on the forum. Did you have to go to WG to get my data? Just wondering since I'm so used to seeing stat sigs on ALL the posts here.

BTW, I wouldn't make too many assumptions about my understanding of the game from my stats. I know that's the normal thing to do. I've been in the game 6 years and there are lots of reasons for my low numbers, in addition to my sub-human skill levels. I always played in beginner clans that couldn't field more than 2 or 3 tier 10s but, I had my E-100 and always used it. We ALWAYS lost also. It's not your comment but, I like the one about how poor players can't hit anything. Then glance at my hit %. Generalizations :)