BiggieD61

The Hunt for the Bismarck campaign Q&A

71 posts in this topic

So I started the campaign this morning and was pleased with how normal the requirements are for the first stage.  I was able to unlock the Final mission  in 7 battles, though if I had the Hood, it could probably get done in only 2 missions.( you get 5 of the 7 stars needed from doing 60k damage in the Hood - ezmode).  The range is tier 5-10 for the first set of missions, and there are a few ship class specific ones in addition to generalized tasks.  Completing a task earns you a container, and each container has one of the new "super flags" plus two medallions.

The missions seem to scale in difficulty, but they are still doable by average to good players ( baddies will struggle or try to do them at tier 5 I guess ).  Owning a Hood is a guarantee of completing all the missions, but you won't be able to earn all the medallions for the funky Bismarck camo's that way.  WG should sell a lot of Hoods and also a lot of container packages ( probably to the same people ), so it should be a good money maker for them.  The Hood packages are dropped over time - the $99 super package with 5k doubloons, a month of premium and a bunch of other goodies is available now, the more reasonably priced ones won't be available until after a week or two.

I already have the Bismarck, so I will get 11 million credits instead, it's worth it to do all of the individual tasks simply for the crazy flags you get with each container.  Overall 10/10 from my perspective.

I'll do the campaigns because it gives me a goal.

The extra few million credits to throw on the nine digit pile will be a nice bonus.

The only hood package that feels like it has value is the second to last one. The first two are too expensive and the last doesn't give you the opportunity to finish the campaign (yuk). I don't like this staggered release rubbish but I'll probably get the second to last package anyway because 15 of each flag plus the extra 40 from the campaign are good.

40 minutes ago, BiggieD61 said:

( baddies will struggle or try to do them at tier 5 I guess )

What tier 5 would you recommend for a shitter like me to have a shot at completing the campaigns? ;)

51 minutes ago, OnboardG1 said:

The only hood package that feels like it has value is the second to last one. The first two are too expensive and the last doesn't give you the opportunity to finish the campaign (yuk). I don't like this staggered release rubbish but I'll probably get the second to last package anyway because 15 of each flag plus the extra 40 from the campaign are good.

I broke down and bought the $100 package.

10 minutes ago, How_Terrible said:

The 100 euro one is better than the 100 dollar one. Given I just spent £200 repairing my car I'm not going to splash on the big one.

2 hours ago, Rodrigopine said:

What tier 5 would you recommend for a shitter like me to have a shot at completing the campaigns? ;)

Krasny Krim?

:jebaited:

51 minutes ago, BiggieD61 said:

Krasny Krim?

:jebaited:

I was in my T-22 a few nights ago and there was a guy on my team with the KK and he's like 'I don't know what all the hate for this ship is all about. This is a good ship.' and two minutes later he's getting gang raped by a Bayern and a Furutaka. lol

I'm liking the new 'Collections' tab on the profile page. Seems like an interesting way of progressing for an award. You can then click each badge/flag/whatever you unlock from the crates on that page for a short history lesson on it. Progression rates with the campaign missions themselves aren't too bad. 20 days should be plenty of time for this. 

Reminds me of that New Year's event down at WoT early this year. Got me playing again, looks like this one's doing the same. Great job by WG on this one in my book.

1 minute ago, secret65123 said:

I'm liking the new 'Collections' tab on the profile page. Seems like an interesting way of progressing for an award. You can then click each badge/flag/whatever you unlock from the crates on that page for a short history lesson on it. Progression rates with the campaign missions themselves aren't too bad. 20 days should be plenty of time for this. 

Reminds me of that New Year's event down at WoT early this year. Got me playing again, looks like this one's doing the same. Great job by WG on this one in my book.

Yeah, I agree completely - this is a well thought out promotion with tangible rewards for players EVEN if they don't buy the Hood.  Compared to the mess that was the Fire and Water event, this one is doable without dedicating 6-8 hours a day shooting pixel ships.

I really hope they use the same team to organize future Clan battles and events.

19 minutes ago, Rodrigopine said:

I was in my T-22 a few nights ago and there was a guy on my team with the KK and he's like 'I don't know what all the hate for this ship is all about. This is a good ship.' and two minutes later he's getting gang raped by a Bayern and a Furutaka. lol

I'm pretty sure even the most rabid Russian Nationalists refuse to play this ship.  I'm guessing if you look up Krasny Krim in a Russian dictionary you see a picture of a towed target barge.....

3 hours ago, How_Terrible said:

I might do that as well, my 27th wedding anniversary is coming up in June - I can buy it for my wife, I'm sure she will be happy with it .....

:dance:

1 hour ago, BiggieD61 said:

Yeah, I agree completely - this is a well thought out promotion with tangible rewards for players EVEN if they don't buy the Hood.  Compared to the mess that was the Fire and Water event, this one is doable without dedicating 6-8 hours a day shooting pixel ships.

I really hope they use the same team to organize future Clan battles and events.

I'm pretty sure even the most rabid Russian Nationalists refuse to play this ship.  I'm guessing if you look up Krasny Krim in a Russian dictionary you see a picture of a towed target barge.....

I might do that as well, my 27th wedding anniversary is coming up in June - I can buy it for my wife, I'm sure she will be happy with it .....

:dance:

Congrats, you've been married for almost as long as I've been alive.

5 hours ago, How_Terrible said:

I'll refrain from picking on you for a year if you gift me one

But, but, isn't the Hood just bad? I mean being able to finish a one time campaign faster is nice and fine, but I probably won't play the Hood over literally any other tier VII BB ever.

1 hour ago, Jaegaer said:

But, but, isn't the Hood just bad? I mean being able to finish a one time campaign faster is nice and fine, but I probably won't play the Hood over literally any other tier VII BB ever.

The Hood is actually pretty good. Not quite Scharnhorst levels of good, but not bad by any measure. 

• HMS Hood + Port Slot
• 6 - Skill Point Commander
10x Blue Dragon Signal Flags
10x Wyvern Signal Flags
10x Red Dragon Signal Flags
10x Ouroboros Signal Flags
10x Hydra Signal Flags
2,000 6c577eb2-d9e4-11e6-be32-d89d6715223c.png 

That is what you get for $6 US over just the plain Hood and port slot.  The gold is worth $9 give or take, and a 6 point commander is worth another$2-3 minimum.  The flags are pretty OP, and 50 of them is worth $7-8 as well.  It's a good $10 discount for the package available June 1st - and that will give you more than enough time to go back and complete the ez-mode Hood missions for flags and Medallions you might be missing.

I'll probably watch a video review tonight to see what good players are saying about the Hood and how to use it.

30 minutes ago, BiggieD61 said:

• HMS Hood + Port Slot
10x Wyvern Signal Flags
10x Hydra Signal Flags

That is what you get for $6 US over just the plain Hood and port slot.  The gold is worth $9 give or take, and a 6 point commander is worth another$2-3 minimum.  The flags are pretty OP, and 50 of them is worth $7-8 as well.  It's a good $10 discount for the package available June 1st - and that will give you more than enough time to go back and complete the ez-mode Hood missions for flags and Medallions you might be missing.

I'll probably watch a video review tonight to see what good players are saying about the Hood and how to use it.

I will buy the June 1 bundle. The gold I will use anyway eventually. So ~$10 for $6 is worth it. The rest is gravy.

I've found that the ~180ms ping I get from my ship is completely adequate for WoWs.   

I've also found the Hood to be quite a fun ship.  I tend to play it more like a cruiser than a BB.

Yesterday:

146 BBs in queue (with about 10 other boats)

LOL

4 hours ago, BiggieD61 said:

• HMS Hood + Port Slot
10x Wyvern Signal Flags
10x Hydra Signal Flags

This is totally worth it.

11 hours ago, NightmareMk9 said:

Yesterday:

LOL

I saw above 300 in queue on EU, still wait only 1½ minutes to play.

3 hours ago, Birkovic said:

I saw above 300 in queue on EU, still wait only 1½ minutes to play.

Shira and Belfast were fun yesterday. 15 games, 15 wins. 

16 hours ago, NightmareMk9 said:

Yesterday:

LOL

In the T5-7 region it was almost 300 BBs on EU. Barely any DDs in the games I had and at the most, 4 cruisers. I had loads of fun in my carrier.

It doesn't help that, so far for me anyway, the majority of the missions are deal high damage (often specifically with a BB or to a BB); which BBs are best at. 

Then you have the random afterthought missions like "spot 6 ships in a cruiser"

I've been plowing through them with my New York and Fuso. Base XP & Damage missions get wrecked by the insane gunnery they have.

Belfast is the business when it comes to these missions. There are so many juicy battleships to farm.

On ‎5‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 1:15 AM, OnboardG1 said:

Belfast is the business when it comes to these missions. There are so many juicy battleships to farm.

I don't have a Belfast, but the Schors was actually pretty good to get through the CA missions so far.