lordawesome7

opinions on sirfoch being censored?

222 posts in this topic

A lot of these OP premium problems could be fixed by changing the ammo they use, and the ammo the non-prems use. After all, the premium tank doesn't come with the ammo so if you nerf the ammo no-one has actual standing to complain.

Example: too many heavily armored premiums at tier 8? Increase the pen of the non-prems to level the field.

Example: Defender has too much alpha? Reduce it to 'standard' 390. 

But I bet WG wouldn't like the video that explained that either.

The tank was already in the store on NA when he posted his video and Foch stated he had not been given an advance copy of the tank to play. 

4 hours ago, Unknown0ne said:

That is an allegation, not evidence: There's no screenshot of a chat log or email message; there's nothing but his word that's what happened. Further, Ph3lan of WGEU stated "I have indeed removed the SirFoch from the community contributor program and also asked him to remove his content about the Chrysler K. from his channel." (source: http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/629174-wg-going-batshit-over-ccs/page__p__14293729#entry14293729 ), which seemingly would contradict threatening a DMCA takedown.

I'm not inclined to believe either one on their word, and I think it is a shame so many people are, rather than questioning the conflicting statements and the lack of evidence either side presents. Even more so given WG does not appear to have a history of threating (or using) DMCA takedowns as the only other thing I can find is over a M60 leak ( https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2015/08/29/so-got-an-copyright-infringement-from-wg/ ).

I do understand the inclination to side with SirFoch by default, but skepticism is good thing to have on the internet.

he actually proved the threat here http://imgur.com/a/RGPfh

soured from his reddit post here: https://www.reddit.com/r/WorldofTanks/comments/6c3ixa/clearing_up_some_things/

While I do really like Foch's content, I believe he had his removal from the CC program coming. He's been shitting all over WG for the longest time (even though I think his complaints are justified). The thing that really pisses ME off, is how they made Circonflexes remove his video, even though he was just making a harmless joke. How fucking sensitive do you have to be to take something like that so seriously. Far worse things are said about other CEOs/game directors such as GabeN from Valve or Jeff Kaplan of Blizzard, yet you don't see THEM going around censoring people. Hell, Jeff actually promotes it. They never even issued him a warning or anything. Just " Yo fam. You're no longer a community contributor because you hurt our feefees. RIP"

I'm glad he was able to talk it all out and get his C.C status back, but this whole thing really shouldn't have happened in the first place.

4 minutes ago, lordawesome7 said:

he actually proved the threat here http://imgur.com/a/RGPfh

soured from his reddit post here: https://www.reddit.com/r/WorldofTanks/comments/6c3ixa/clearing_up_some_things/

Keeping in mind that screenshots of web pages are comically easy to fake.

There are five possibilities that come to mind given the seemingly conflicting statements of Foch and Wargaming. In no particular order:

• Foch is lying with faked screenshots. Really easy to do.
  • Wargaming is lying about what they threatened to do. Again, easy to do.
  • Wargaming internal communication has failed and Nijal doesn't know what happened or was given incorrect information.
  • Ph3lan exceeded his authority and this is beginning spadework for dismissal or reprimand.
  • Very careful wording in that statement leaves room for the action they took whilst appearing to say they didn't.

1 minute ago, StranaMechty said:

Keeping in mind that screenshots of web pages are comically easy to fake.

There are five possibilities that come to mind given the seemingly conflicting statements of Foch and Wargaming. In no particular order:

• Foch is lying with faked screenshots. Really easy to do.
  • Wargaming is lying about what they threatened to do. Again, easy to do.
  • Wargaming internal communication has failed and Nijal doesn't know what happened or was given incorrect information.
  • Ph3lan exceeded his authority and this is beginning spadework for dismissal or reprimand.
  • Very careful wording in that statement leaves room for the action they took whilst appearing to say they didn't.

fair point; but its not like any of this was done on paper to begin with (even then forgery is a thing)

what NEEDS to happen is for WG to make an official statement instead of Ph3lan giving clearly unsatisfactory responses to the EU forums to fully clarify themselves, otherwise their PR status is only going to grow worse and worse, even non-WOT youtubers like jim sterling are spreading the news

this is a PR nightmare that should've never happened and they shouldn't of threaten him or forced him to take down his video (and they did admit he didn't want the video taken down, but had to after being threaten/censored http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/629174-wg-going-batshit-over-ccs/page__st__380__pid__14297446#entry14297446 )

4 hours ago, Tanager said:

So it makes me feel kinda dirty to say this, but...I still really, really enjoy the game.  I don't dispute the criticisms levelled at WG (although re: Foch, I haven't watched the vid in question, and there are other youtubers whose content I genuinely prefer, but that's in part because I like to watch them with my son, so I lean more towards someone like Jingles, flames > /dev/null).  But I would bet $$$ that the majority of the players (I have ZERO data to substantiate this, mind you) don't really get the fuss - they may say, "yeah, WG sucks" in game chat, or in the comments while watching someone's Twitch stream, but I doubt they feel it as strongly as most of you, nor could they really cite substantive reasons other than, "los veteranos think WG suck!"

There's no reason to feel guilty for enjoying the game. It's still fundamentally a very entertaining game. Although if you think the average player doesn't complain, just check out the official forums (at your own risk)

Out of curiosity, why are people making a deal out of being removed from being a CC? Does that actually mean something on EU?

Right, so implied threat is ok?

"No copyright claim" but not "no threat of copyright claim"

46 minutes ago, StranaMechty said:

This option seems the most likely to me. With his bullshit, Foch finally succeeded in breaking Ph3lan et al. I doubt the ensuing witch-hunt will help towards:

• WG explaining their strategy on why they are releasing OP tanks.
  • Stopping their release.

2 minutes ago, Mureke said:

WG explaining their strategy on why they are releasing OP tanks

That's simple. They don't plan on having this game up and running in 2 years for most servers.

12 hours ago, Ezz said:

Disintegrating strikes me as being slightly overstating the state of affairs for WG. In fact my worry about their new approach is that i suspect all this new premium crap that is being dumped into the game has probably seen their revenue increase.

The Streisand Effect works both ways. Foch has shown everyone that this tank is worth having an aneurysm over, and WG is going to sell them by the truckload because of it. The small number of players lighting candles for Foch are going to be trampled by the hordes pulling out their wallets to drive the tank that broke him. WG can't buy this kind of advertising.

(I skipped the Patriot and Defender and Liberte, and have had to listen to the forums singing their praises ever since. I was going to pass on the Chrysler as well, but the hubbub is making even me reconsider...)

41 minutes ago, Ezz said:

Out of curiosity, why are people making a deal out of being removed from being a CC? Does that actually mean something on EU?

I think you're misunderstanding the situation. Foch is not worried about his CC status, and I don't think most of the thread is either. Most people are worried about the threat of copyright infringement as a means of censoring content.

For every power crept premium released, they'll lose 2.3 non premium players (note, stats may or may not be sourced from census data on average number of children per family circa 1990, but I'm good with alternative facts now, so you should be too).

7 minutes ago, Necrophore said:

The Streisand Effect works both ways. Foch has shown everyone that this tank is worth having an aneurysm over, and WG is going to sell them by the truckload because of it. The small number of players lighting candles for Foch are going to be trampled by the hordes pulling out their wallets to drive the tank that broke him. WG can't buy this kind of advertising.

(I skipped the Patriot and Defender and Liberte, and have had to listen to the forums singing their praises ever since. I was going to pass on the Chrysler as well, but the hubbub is making even me reconsider...)

Yes. so what about 6 months from now?

This is why I don't see the game lasting that much longer. WG have switched from a long term forecast for the game to a short term milking strategy, releasing OP premium tanks one after the other. Liberte + Patriot. Defender. April Fools Mutant 6. The new Chrysler K. 

Remember the last time they released an OP premium? Yes. It was pulled after a few hours. The SU-76i. Tier 3 with good armour and a good gun. AKA a 263 in tier 3 with the equivalent of the JPE gun. 

OP prems, or just more balanced? Just because they switched strategy from bad prems to good prems doesnt make them OP, nor does it start the the end of WoT. This game still has many years to go.

How will they continue making money when they run out of prems tho?

1 hour ago, Whole_Nutmeg said:

There's no reason to feel guilty for enjoying the game. It's still fundamentally a very entertaining game. Although if you think the average player doesn't complain, just check out the official forums (at your own risk)

I avoid those like the plague.  Enough toxicity in game chat as it is.

Regardless of game longevity, I think we can all agree that these premiums detract from game health and balance. Whether the game dies in 3 months or 3 years, it doesn't really matter, especially if it isn't enjoyable to play because of the new monetization model.

I have more issues with the horrible maps and this retarded climbing meta, than with a bunch of good prems. At least you dont get shit on any more if you buy a premium tank.

Wow, copyright threats. I wonder how "WG" thought that would work for them.

However I understand that WG removes SirFoch as a CC as the video was way overboard. I enjoy his "saltiness" but it was just unproffesional opening with "this wont be a Chryster video" and then going on with "fuck the tank, fuck WG , fuck...". 

6 hours ago, Epic said:

OP prems, or just more balanced? Just because they switched strategy from bad prems to good prems doesnt make them OP, nor does it start the the end of WoT. This game still has many years to go.

So the 252u is not OP now? Nor is the Chrysler K?

Like i said, if an in game tank has players increasing their average win rate by 5%, there is something wrong. If a premium is also seeing that as well, then obviously the developers are either retarded to intentionally trying to ruin any semblance of game balance. 

If your view of 'balance' is dumbing down the game for shitters so all they need to do to do well better is buy a premium tank and point the tank forward, then i struggle to see how this game is balanced in the first place.

6 hours ago, Epic said:

I have more issues with the horrible maps and this retarded climbing meta, than with a bunch of good prems. At least you dont get shit on any more if you buy a premium tank.

You now get a flat out advantage if you buy a premium tank. Which is a problem, especially with the horrible map design. 

If premiums were balanced compared with tech tree tanks like how the T-34-85 clones, cromB, ISU-122, M4 revolver, etc, we wouldn't be talking about premium tanks being an issue and instead complaining about shit map design, light tanks, climbs and the stupid superheavy buffs.

Besides. The game is probably still going to live on RU and EU anyway. NA and ASIA? If this keeps up, 2 years, until they do a takeback on their policy to not nerf premium tanks.