lordawesome7

opinions on sirfoch being censored?

222 posts in this topic

That's what I'm disagreeing with you about.  I don't think graphs showing some tanks performing somewhat better than overall average is the issue you seem to think it is.  What is the issue exactly?  It's certainly not evidence that these tanks are "insta win."  And that they aren't that hard to fight does, I think, mean it's not a problem.  What is the problem exactly?  

Maybe you and I get into very different kinds of battles, but mine aren't decided by which team has more Defenders or superheavies.  They are decided by which team's players play better.  

Tempest in a teacup.

2 minutes ago, Griphos said:

That's what I'm disagreeing with you about.  I don't think graphs showing some tanks performing somewhat better than overall average is the issue you seem to think it is.  What is the issue exactly?  It's certainly not evidence that these tanks are "insta win."  And that they aren't that hard to fight does, I think, mean it's not a problem.  What is the problem exactly?  

Maybe you and I get into very different kinds of battles, but mine aren't decided by which team has more Defenders or superheavies.  They are decided by which team's players play better.  

Tempest in a teacup.

I may be exaggerating but the point still stands. 

You are trying to use anecdotal evidence (I can kill defenders easily. Its not OP) to try and dispute the statistical evidence in front of your face. 

6 minutes ago, Strigonx said:

Thread derailed

Interestingly enough, this the issue that got SirFoch shitcanned. 

Just now, Sgt. Pepper said:

I've noticed that myself, this should be taking place in the Chrysler K thread.

If anything, its own thread in metagame discussion. 

There's two problems with tanks like the 252/defender and this new Chrysler abomination. One is that they render their tech-tree counterparts obsolete. And I don't just mean they're roughly as good or that there's a tradeoff, I mean that tanks like the IS-3 and T32 are now completely inferior to these new premiums. Normally that wouldn't be the end of the world, they'd just get nerfed in the next patch. But no, these are premiums and therefore un-nerf-able. Genius.

The second problem is the inherent cancer that's found in the armor meta. When a tank's front armor is strong and has no weakspot, then the thing becomes mindless to use and mindless to fight against. You run code 22 and either you pen it or you don't. Ends up being pure cancer for the lower tiers, and a nasty credit drain for everyone else. The more that tier 8 gets saturated with these premium fatty tanks, the less it makes sense to play in the mid tiers. Who knows, maybe WG's real plan is to use these cancerous tumors to encourage players to run their tier 9s and 10s more often.

So that brings us to Foch. Honestly, I'd say that if anything, he wasn't harsh enough with WG. His points couldn't be more valid or justified. Yes, it is WG's goal to make money. But there's lots of ways to do it without being complete potatoes. Of course they were going to react to him, but in doing so they've only shot themselves in the foot. Serves them right.

Was just given a strike for this post:

I like a company that threatens to abuse DMCA to make opinions they don't like go away.  I was just thinking about filing false claims against an annoying neighbor and it's good to know so many people approve of the process. 

In this thread: http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/543854-wgna-still-love-ya-guys/page__p__10997420#entry10997420

For this reason: 

Making non-constructive posts, or creating threads on non-constructive topics

Posting to cause unrest

Welp. 

24 minutes ago, Strigonx said:

Who is even this cockfag with an annoying voice?

he started as a critic for destructoid then was reviews editor for the escapist, now is independent through patreon. somewhat influential coz he still has contacts in the industry and has a rep for standing against the dodgy shit that goes on in it, has done some good expose kinda stuff in his main series. but yeah you're not the first person to call him annoying

2 hours ago, Griphos said:

lol :serb: 

31 minutes ago, SkittlesOfSteeI said:

Everytime I see 2 Mice matched up against the 2 50bs on my team I die inside.

The Mice can even be tomatos and Unicum 50Bs would still lose lol, WG balancing department working as intended.

Maus is hard.

It really is fucking retarded that everything T10 now revolves around who has the most Mice in the team, regardless of the game mode.

The problem about the Defender is that it has incredible armor, good mobility and insane alpha, too high for the tank. And that makes it op.

What bothers me the most is that 440 dmg per shot  is too much at tier 8. My problem with the armor is that if you angle the tank you increase your chances of survivability being immune at least 40% of the time to 250 pen, which is the gold pen on most tanks at tier 8, so de facto you are immune to all ap from non tds. This is retarded because most pubbies will not even do it on purpose, but simply because they are bad they get aworded. Try that in a is3 or a 110 and see the results.

Another OP tank is the Patriot that is a fusion of a t32 and a pershing, being better than both, having armor, pen and a fantastic effective dpm,  higher than most mediums at that tier. A heavy that goes as fast as medium and has even more dpm  with still great armor is not op in your book?

Now this Crysler thing is retarded because it forces you to spam gold at it. That is Foch's problem and he is right about it. No frontal weakspot is stupid and you even risk to not pen it with gold.

I also believe that Foch was not only angry for this tank in particular, but he has been getting worse because of all the bullshit that has been going on for a while. In that review i also see a complain abou the Maus and where the game is going rather than the tank itself.

I'm incredibly happy that Foch screencapped his communication where it's shown clear, white on black, that he WAS threatened with DMCA, instead of just being a "hearsay" or "rumor" status.
And yes, for this incident some heads at WG need to roll, if not outright crash & burn.

P.S.: Don't wanna be mean, @GehakteMolen, but didn't you once say that a HT-dominating meta would be preferable, because "a tomato in a HT is less dangerous to the game than a tomato in MTs or TDs"?

Back to the Foch issue, I think this situation exposes what is the actual core issue.  The core issue, and why these things keep happening is that WG handles their PR situations horribly.  There is no standard, there is no relative appropriateness of responses.  they tend to ignore things until they become full blown firestorms.  There's little to no communication after the fact or apparent self reflection or awareness.  None of that is really news to anyone who pays attention, but it is why these things continually blow up past all reason.  They never seem to learn anything from each crisis and just lurch from one to another randomly.

If there is some kind of response game plan or corporate strategy, I can't see it, I don't think anyone sees it, so it may as well not exist.

2 hours ago, Fedaykin89 said:

I'm incredibly happy that Foch screencapped his communication where it's shown clear, white on black, that he WAS threatened with DMCA, instead of just being a "hearsay" or "rumor" status.
And yes, for this incident some heads at WG need to roll, if not outright crash & burn.

P.S.: Don't wanna be mean, @GehakteMolen, but didn't you once say that a HT-dominating meta would be preferable, because "a tomato in a HT is less dangerous to the game than a tomato in MTs or TDs"?

Ofc, rather 10x ``OP maus`` as 10x Waffle truck / 183 / pre nerf Foch-155

People have the memory of a gold fish if they think ``this is bad meta``, if this is bad, the meta of 3 years ago was super aids...

and complains about ``team with most maus wins``, so what, in the past it was ``team with most tier 10 tds wins`` and even right now, a tier 10 TD team will beat down a heavy team 7/10 (2 grilles and a 183 vs some tier 9 heavys + E100, they just waddled forward and got insta raped

ps: and anyone saying ``defender makes IS3 obsolete`` cant play, the IS3 is still (far) better as any other tier 8 tank, no contest whatsoever...

IS3 is:

• better at killing low tier trash
  • better at fighting same tier heavys
  • better at fighting higher tier mediums
  • better at fighting higher tier heavys
  • wont get outcapped so easy, or yoloed by shit scouts

And thats ignoring special russian perks as better camo (so harder to get spotted) less arty / splash dmg, because russia (IS7 has the same perk, an IS7 takes less dmg from type 5 HE as a maus or E100, yolo) less module dmg / crew deads, because stronk soviet soldiers, and not weak capitalistic swine etc

ps: sure, patriot makes T32 obsolete, but T32 was a turd anyway, Mle 49 and Lowe dont make KV4 or KT obsolete, they all 4 have distinct playstyles, the prems are just more noob proof, and thats about it...

7 minutes ago, GehakteMolen said:

Ofc, rather 10x ``OP maus`` as 10x Waffle truck / 183 / pre nerf Foch-155

People have the memory of a gold fish if they think ``this is bad meta``, if this is bad, the meta of 3 years ago was super aids...

and complains about ``team with most maus wins``, so what, in the past it was ``team with most tier 10 tds wins`` and even right now, a tier 10 TD team will beat down a heavy team 7/10 (2 grilles and a 183 vs some tier 9 heavys + E100, they just waddled forward and got insta raped

ps: and anyone saying ``defender makes IS3 obsolete`` cant play, the IS3 is still (far) better as any other tier 8 tank, no contest whatsoever...

IS3 is:

• better at killing low tier trash
  • better at fighting same tier heavys
  • better at fighting higher tier mediums
  • better at fighting higher tier heavys
  • wont get outcapped so easy, or yoloed by shit scouts

And thats ignoring special russian perks as better camo (so harder to get spotted) less arty / splash dmg, because russia (IS7 has the same perk, an IS7 takes less dmg from type 5 HE as a maus or E100, yolo) less module dmg / crew deads, because stronk soviet soldiers, and not weak capitalistic swine etc

ps: sure, patriot makes T32 obsolete, but T32 was a turd anyway, Mle 49 and Lowe dont make KV4 or KT obsolete, they all 4 have distinct playstyles, the prems are just more noob proof, and thats about it...

WTE100 or 183 or anything else doesn't come even close to how aids this corridor heavy brawling meta is. Atleast back then skill was a factor and you could play the game in any tank, now the team with most heavies/Maus win every time. Brawling with super heavies doesn't take any brain or skill, just look at the stats of tomatos in Maus/Type 5...
WTE100 is probably the worst broken tank in the game ever, so piss easy to counter even a potato could do it.

1 minute ago, Stige said:

WTE100 or 183 or anything else doesn't come even close to how aids this corridor heavy brawling meta is. Atleast back then skill was a factor and you could play the game in any tank, now the team with most heavies/Maus win every time.
WTE100 is probably the worst broken tank in the game ever, so piss easy to counter even a potato could do it.

In what way?

1vs1 against WTf-E100, he always spots you, he will always kill you, 6x560 = he can bounce twice and STILL kill a full hp tier 10 in 10 seconds flat and with 352 apcr pen, he wont bounce so much...

183 with 275 pen HESH and 1750 the same, it can just one shot an tier 9 tank 50/50, how was that ``better`` as current meta?

besides that, i dont see even that much maus, and most still play like tards (maus first to die etc)

ps: i also still think that for a unicum, the E100 is better, not that much, but enough to call it better, the extra alpha dmg and speed make you much more versatile / dangerous as the maus, in the end, the maus still goes only 20 km/h will get backcapped and outflanked half the time and will get gunned down by heat fast...

47 minutes ago, GehakteMolen said:

In what way?

1vs1 against WTf-E100, he always spots you, he will always kill you, 6x560 = he can bounce twice and STILL kill a full hp tier 10 in 10 seconds flat and with 352 apcr pen, he wont bounce so much...

183 with 275 pen HESH and 1750 the same, it can just one shot an tier 9 tank 50/50, how was that ``better`` as current meta?

besides that, i dont see even that much maus, and most still play like tards (maus first to die etc)

ps: i also still think that for a unicum, the E100 is better, not that much, but enough to call it better, the extra alpha dmg and speed make you much more versatile / dangerous as the maus, in the end, the maus still goes only 20 km/h will get backcapped and outflanked half the time and will get gunned down by heat fast...

With the Maus buff and these constant garbage maps they make and the ways they "improve" old maps, every T10 game is like 7+ heavies if you haven't noticed? That is so much fun! Takes so much skill too.
I would rather take Waffles and 183s all day long because they are both easy to counter and play against compared to a fucking Maus or 5x IS-7 hiding behind a corner, can't carry enough HEAT in a tank to kill them all...

Back when WTF100 and 183s were a thing, people actually played mostly Mediums and it was so much more fun than this current trash meta where you have to play a super heavy to win.

23 minutes ago, Stige said:

With the Maus buff and these constant garbage maps they make and the ways they "improve" old maps, every T10 game is like 7+ heavies if you haven't noticed? That is so much fun! Takes so much skill too.
I would rather take Waffles and 183s all day long because they are both easy to counter and play against compared to a fucking Maus or 5x IS-7 hiding behind a corner, can't carry enough HEAT in a tank to kill them all...

Back when WTF100 and 183s were a thing, people actually played mostly Mediums and it was so much more fun than this current trash meta where you have to play a super heavy to win.

mostly mediums?

only unicums, everyone else was camping a TD, and 5x IS7 hiding in a corner >>>>> 5x tier 10 TD

heavy meta > TD meta

and retards cant play mediums (yeah, spam gold from red line) so its just that, heavy or TD, we had TD, and that was fucking awefull, now we have heavy meta, once idiots quit playing light tanks and start to adjust to heavy tanks, the game will improve.

ps: if heavy dominate, WG will start adjusting maps, since WG is slow as shit, they might need about a year to start with this, but assuming heavys will stay as strong as they are now, we will get more open maps (unless arty comes back again, then we wont get new maps)

It doesn't really matter how much worse the meta is. Neither meta is fun. Nobody wants to fight 5 183's because they get 10 chances to completely destroy a player and nobody wants to fight 5 Mice because it's not fun punching a brick wall that punches back. It doesn't matter how bad it is, somebody is going to call it worse. We need to focus on what's happening now while it's still happening to make WG wet themselves or start taking action.

1 hour ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

It doesn't really matter how much worse the meta is. Neither meta is fun. Nobody wants to fight 5 183's because they get 10 chances to completely destroy a player and nobody wants to fight 5 Mice because it's not fun punching a brick wall that punches back. It doesn't matter how bad it is, somebody is going to call it worse. We need to focus on what's happening now while it's still happening to make WG wet themselves or start taking action.

Oh, but its not ``equal not fun``, its far, far better

rather 3 maus as a TD tard (or arty bob)

This whole ``heavy tank meta`` is vastly overblown anyway, just like ``super OP prems``, most people massive over or underrate a tank / map / meta  / feature at first, and after a few weeks / months the hype dies of

Good example is lowe:

• yes it got buffed
  • yes its very strong
  • no, it was NOT worthless before, the first buff was more important AND alrdy made it a good tank
  • no, its not OP, and KT is not ``obsolete`` by buffed lowe, both have a different role and all in all the KT is still better (its faster and has a (much) better gun

ps: its funny how a lot of people praise(d) mediums (in a part for their speed), yet when it comes to heavys, mobility all of a sudden no longer matters... (except when it comes to bashing perfect fine tanks like the KV4, then mobility ofc is wery important, UNLESS its KV4 vs Vk 100, then the 50% better mobility of KV4 is no real benefit, so to sum it up:

• KV4 bad because slow
  • VK 100 much better as KV4, because the 50% better mobility doesnt matter
  • GG??

ps ps: most peoples opinions on what tanks are good and not is JUNK, its almost as bad as official forums (atleast when it comes to tanks between tier 7 and 9)