Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SolarflareGrenraven

Anyone interested in having replays featured on my new channel?

20 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I have started a new youtube channel based around World of Tanks and have been uploading some of my better games but i was wondering if

anyone here would be interested in having your replays featured on my channel?

Or alternatively if you have any ideas regarding videos which you or the community might find useful / helpful i would be very happy to work with

you on this?

As i said its early days for the channel but i love Wotlabs and use the website regularly and i think anything that would shine a light on this great

community would be good for all concerned.

Feel free to message me on here or in game on SolarflareGrenraven or alternatively take a look at my channel and subscribe if your interested

The channel is https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCg77sdOVz-NQuWb-fgaxEyQ

Hopefully see you there!

Regards,

Paul AKA Solarflare 

You could do some commentary on your videos, that shouldnt even be an issue since you're a native english speaker. You don't need to constantly talk, but kinda like your thought process for doing certain things.

I'll take a look if I have anything worth featuring. Though I would like to get some commentary....

51 minutes ago, SaintLaurentius said:

You could do some commentary on your videos, that shouldnt even be an issue since you're a native english speaker. You don't need to constantly talk, but kinda like your thought process for doing certain things.

I'll take a look if I have anything worth featuring. Though I would like to get some commentary....

Funnily enough i have just taken delivery of a new microphone for exactly that reason but i'm kinda nervous about doing my first one.. i will take a

look at your replay and use it as my first commentary :)

Please bare me in mind for any outstanding games you have or alternatively if you have any replays which show particularly good examples of game

mechanics which i can refer to.

Thanks again and i will make sure to refer to WOTLABS in the commentary too as it would be cool to become the voice on youtube for the channel if

people are interested in contributing going forward.

Kind regards,

Paul

I guess you could make the video hidden at first, just to show it to us so we, and I can critique it? Or would that be against what you're aiming at with this youtubing?

There is so much WoT gameplay out there, much of it narrated by very good players. If you want to gain viewership, you should think of an angle that you can bring which has some unique value. Showing off your best games is fun, but is unlikely to gain much traction when competing with Lacho posting 20 once-in-a-lifetime games every day.

The spirit of Wotlabs as a community is not about stats, it's about thinking about our performance and making steps to positively improve our gameplay. So I like the idea of "replays from an average player" as a concept, and I think it has legs if there's something else to it. Every game, I essentially watch 30 replays from 30 different average players. 

So if it's an average player reflecting on what he learned from each battle, that could be interesting. Or even reflecting on what you learned from watching other people's replays, kind of like an ongoing narrated masterclass. I'm not trying to tell you what to do, just thinking about what you might do to make your content stand out.

I'd encourage you to think of an angle which could be more fun, more instructive, or more something than the content already out there, so you can get the most out of your YouTubing efforts.

Here's an ok game: http://wotreplays.com/site/3595912

I don't know what it shows other than the E100 being a brute as always. I get it if you don't use this, it's not particularly interesting lol, but it's the only noteworthy game I have saved from this patch and thought I'd give you some options. I might have a recording of my Kolobanovs E100 game if you'd like me to look for that.

Do you want my adventures in crayonland replays?

13 hours ago, RC_Tank said:

Here's an ok game: http://wotreplays.com/site/3595912

I don't know what it shows other than the E100 being a brute as always. I get it if you don't use this, it's not particularly interesting lol, but it's the only noteworthy game I have saved from this patch and thought I'd give you some options. I might have a recording of my Kolobanovs E100 game if you'd like me to look for that.

HIya mate, i went to have a look at this this morning but it appears to be a dead link? also your Kolobanovs sounds great if you have it?

18 hours ago, SaintLaurentius said:

http://wotreplays.com/site/3595319#erlenberg-saintlaurentius-amx_13_105

There you go, it's not an ace, but I would like to see/hear on what you think of the positioning and shit.

Hi mate, i went to download this this morning to take a look but it also seems to be a dead link?

Could you check its working for you?

41 minutes ago, SolarflareGrenraven said:

HIya mate, i went to have a look at this this morning but it appears to be a dead link? also your Kolobanovs sounds great if you have it?

Hi mate, i went to download this this morning to take a look but it also seems to be a dead link?

Odd, I had it set to be accessible by a direct link only but that didn't work when I tried to view it while signed out. Made it public just a moment ago.

I'll let you know if/when I find it, have some looking to do so I don't know when.

47 minutes ago, SolarflareGrenraven said:

http://wotreplays.com/site/3595319?secret=8bfa8fadca3f6067cf1ed7bc18d5e7e1

it turns out you need "secret" link for hidden replays, just the direct link isnt enough. There you go

4 hours ago, SaintLaurentius said:

http://wotreplays.com/site/3595319?secret=8bfa8fadca3f6067cf1ed7bc18d5e7e1

it turns out you need "secret" link for hidden replays, just the direct link isnt enough. There you go

Hiya, ok i have done all the video editing now so just need to do a commentary for it when i have some quiet time here and so hopefully the video featuring your AMX game should be up by the end of the weekend :) 

Heya SolarFlare, I started about a year ago with my channel.  I concentrate on analyzing gameplay and helping the beginner to intermediate player improve their game.  I use commentary and replays to do this.  You mentioned you were worried about doing voice commentaries, the only way to get better at that is to do it.  Here's a link to my channel for some examples.  Not trying to hijack your mojo here, just throwing out one example of many. 

Guido

Hiya guys, first video with Commentary is live on my channel featuring our very own SaintLaurentis and myself doing commentary for the first time.

I would appreciate it if you could take a look and maybe subscribe to the channel and show a bit of support for both Saint and myself :)

3 hours ago, RC_Tank said:

Can't see what you posted there mate

Hiya,  Sorry was having trouble on my work pc.. anyway what i was trying to say was would you still like me to make a video using your replay?

Did you take a look at my video for SaintLaurentis and if so what did you think?

2 hours ago, SolarflareGrenraven said:

Hiya,  Sorry was having trouble on my work pc.. anyway what i was trying to say was would you still like me to make a video using your replay?

Did you take a look at my video for SaintLaurentis and if so what did you think?

No worries, I was having trouble replying too. By all means do as you'd like, if you think it's suitable then I'd be happy for you to use it.

I subscribed, thought it was really well done and I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with the channel :). No complaints, keep doing what you're doing.

13 hours ago, IcyGunner said:

http://wotreplays.com/site/3368615#ruinberg-icygunner-churchill_iii  -->11 kills 

its an old replay from the previous patch, idk if its works, but it worth a try

Hi Icy,

I will take a look when i get home tonight to see if it works or not.

Sounds like an epic game!

Regards,

Solar

13 hours ago, RC_Tank said:

No worries, I was having trouble replying too. By all means do as you'd like, if you think it's suitable then I'd be happy for you to use it.

I subscribed, thought it was really well done and I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with the channel :). No complaints, keep doing what you're doing.

Aww thanks mate, i am hoping my commentary will improve as im not a great public speaker to be honest, but hopefully with more practice it will get more professional :)

I appreciate the kind words though :)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0