Chrysler K GF

31 posts in this topic

So now that Chrysler has been out for almost a day . what is your impression of it.

Mine is that its totally messed up OP.. I am sporting a 80% wr with 2.1k dpg (its higher than my t10 meds dpg) ofcourse its platoon 3 chryslers and my wr will get lower the more i play it. But man its like a t8 mini maus with E5 engine speed. fast turner aswell so its quite difficult to get its side. and the sidescraping makes it better than a maus(a bit of an overstatement but you know what i mean) in 8 out of 10 games ive had 2k+ dmg blocked and 2k+ dmg. and you look at my overall stats. I should never be able to even be close to that kind of stats (3200 wn8 session) Its just so easy to play if you just have a little brain. and yes people fire premium ammo against it and that makes the armor not so great. But like t6s and t7s most dont have a chance in hell against it frontally. 

just my 2 cents. if its worth anything. probably not but here goes. oh i also forgot to mention you still makes credits dapping 2 key on wins. Ive only had 2 games where i lost credits and that was losses. -.-

14 minutes ago, Avataren said:

So now that Chrysler has been out for almost a day . what is your impression of it.

Mine is that its totally messed up OP.. I am sporting a 80% wr with 2.1k dpg (its higher than my t10 meds dpg) ofcourse its platoon 3 chryslers and my wr will get lower the more i play it. But man its like a t8 mini maus with E5 engine speed. fast turner aswell so its quite difficult to get its side. and the sidescraping makes it better than a maus(a bit of an overstatement but you know what i mean) in 8 out of 10 games ive had 2k+ dmg blocked and 2k+ dmg. and you look at my overall stats. I should never be able to even be close to that kind of stats (3200 wn8 session) Its just so easy to play if you just have a little brain. and yes people fire premium ammo against it and that makes the armor not so great. But like t6s and t7s most dont have a chance in hell against it frontally. 

just my 2 cents. if its worth anything. probably not but here goes. oh i also forgot to mention you still makes credits dapping 2 key on wins. Ive only had 2 games where i lost credits and that was losses. -.-

It is very susceptible to be raped by arty. Frontal engine + thin engine deck, and it burns often from arty/LFP hits.

Bad gun depression as a trademark of rear-turreted tanks. Mostly map-dependent, less regarding enemy team composition.

I would not recommend it to anyone.

But if you are comfortable playing rear-turreted tanks, and have lots of experience playing them (VK-B, FV 215, Obj 430 V2...), go for it.

New power-creep. This tank may not be the generalist like patriot, but it is a good source of frustration for Defenders, and limited mm heavies even more (dat LFP will make IS-6 cry even more than defender, the later at least have hatches).

Gun is unusually accurate for a 90 mm, much less 105. It also has good gold pen, again, unlike regular USA 105 mm. Good soft stats.

Just want to say that sidescrap only works at autobounce since it's not that thick and it's very flat and wide. So most people just overangle allowing you a fairly easy pen. 

There's literally a thread already open. Go, shoo. I just found it utilizing the (albeit hit-or-miss) search function. But it's there. So go.

I was only playing tier 9 while fighting it. As it turns out, T30 AP and T-54 HEAT goes through it like butter. 

I'm not finding them a huge problem to fight against.  Most players are either over angling or giving the lower glacis away ( to tanks I am playing that can pen it).

If they are sidescraping well I just throw he at them, the gun is trash ( I say mostly playing vk100.01p and t4h this weekend..)

I have had no trouble with fighting Chrysler K's thus far in a range of tanks from tier 8 to 10.
Not sure how it would be like t6-8 though.

Its a great tank!

First tier 8 HT to be completely immune to aimbot :QBFlip:

Not even 252 can say that!

Was going to pick this up, but decided I'll wait for another prem or two to be released. There's no way WG can not keep up the overpowered premium designs, they won't sell.

9 minutes ago, Canadian_Reaper said:

Was going to pick this up, but decided I'll wait for another prem or two to be released. There's no way WG can not keep up the overpowered premium designs, they won't sell.

I think it was foch in his obj 252u review who said it might not be worth buying because wg are just going to release even moar opie crud

Wanted to pick it up because rear mounted turret (<3)

Is it worth the 30€?

1 hour ago, nabucodonsor said:

Isnt the defender just better?

Defender is kinda meh if you ask me. Gun is troll, horrible aim time, slow.
Only redeeming factor really is the armor but given how long you have to aim, it gives the enemy like 3 chances to aim back when you aim once and they can pen it if they are not braindead.

1 hour ago, nabucodonsor said:

Isnt the defender just better?

i 1v1'ed a defender easy.

2 hours ago, Stige said:

Defender is kinda meh if you ask me. Gun is troll, horrible aim time, slow.
Only redeeming factor really is the armor but given how long you have to aim, it gives the enemy like 3 chances to aim back when you aim once and they can pen it if they are not braindead.

U must not believe in Stalin enough if you aim in a russian tank. Shame on you

5 hours ago, Archaic_One said:

DAMMIT - they have already power creeped muh Patriot  :kappaross:

Nah i would argue that Paytriot is still better

Rear turret + -6 dep + tallish hull can be ass combo

i hugged one in my e25 today and laughed as he tried to scrape me off and failed at it. 

21 hours ago, Archaic_One said:

DAMMIT - they have already power creeped muh Patriot  :kappaross:

They did that with Defender...at least for strongholds (and Patriot was a CASH COW as it has enough silver pen to deal with IS-3s without gold, and it gets plenty of kills due to great ROF + spotting and tracking dmg once scouts die), Patriot makes meagre profits if they roll with 3-4 Defenders or more (the usual setup now).

15 hours ago, leggasiini said:

Nah i would argue that Paytriot is still better

Rear turret + -6 dep + tallish hull can be ass combo

Right on money. In pubs, at least, especially solo, Patriot is still king. 

I bought one of these.  I feel dirty.

But I'll go ahead and say, I prefer both the Patriot and the Defender, which are both more versatile tanks, IMHO.  It's too easy to overangle while sidescraping in this thing, 6 degrees + rear-mounted turret means you aren't any good at terrain fighting.  I think I'm going to play arty for a while and just focus on these things.

This isn't a true "pick a spot, any pot" heavium like the Patriot, nor is it as good a city brawler as the Defender, IMHO.  Frontally, yeah, it's immune, but from any other angle, it isn't as tough, and the players I've seen it seem to have read the hype clippings too much and are pushing ahead in tier 9/10 matches, not realizing that the t10s and whatnot are faster and have much bigger guns.  The better players will know to hang back and use the traverse/terrain resistance to keep the enemies in front of them, I'm sure.

I realize I'm taking a pretty lonely position here, and maybe it just doesn't work that well for me, but I really just don't much care for it.  And I don't feel particularly motivated to get good in it, because for me it just isn't an enjoyable tank to play.

(edit) one of the least remarked-upon (that I've seen) characteristics is the ammo capacity.  So I'm going to try this thing with like 40 HE, because why not.

The Chryslers on my team always seem to be either the first one's dead or low on the damage list by the end of the game.

I think I regret not buying the 252 more as time goes on.

got one.

1st game got 3k playing with only 1 hand.. it's one of the most retarded tanks after the defender, it works like a claymore: "front towards the enemy" and RMB/LMB...