Canadian_Reaper

And now Jingles is gone

76 posts in this topic

This probably should go in the Sirfoch thread, somehow I manged to miss that tonight (apparently I suck at forums and at embeds)

Anybody with the ability can delete this if they'd like, I promise I won't focus you with my arty.

Actually makes me sad, yes he's not a great player,but he has no issues admitting it up front, and his vids were pretty entertaining.

But apparently after WGEU apologized (sort of) and clarified they would never issue copyright stirkes, WGNA came out and said they would punish people like Foch who used those homophobic and hate speech filled slurs.

Also as I'm one of those feeble minded people who can never remember how to embed a video...

Link

Jingles quit as after he had an explanation, a sort of apology, and a promise from WGEU that they wouldn't issue copyright strikes against youtubers, WGNA came out and said they would totally punish anyone who used hate and/or homophobic slurs in their videos like Sirfoch did. 

You can click the "link" button above to see the youtube vid, (I'm seriously failing at doing a vid embed on this forum)

OP please all you have to do is post the link for the embed :doge: 

RIP though, I remember when I was a noob back in 2013 and found jingle's channel, I loved all of his old videos where he played the ISU 152 like an idiot but laughed manically when he one-shotted tier 6s. I haven't watched much of his content for the past 2-3 years, but I appreciate his contributions to the community, his general positivity, and his passion for his channel. I have no idea what kind of PR disaster is going on, this seems like some kind of KGB tactic to use the "SJW" trend to moderate negative content that goes against WG's policies and economic interests (as I have no doubt that WG doesn't give a rat's ass about the internet culture war). 

Whatever's going on, this announcement is HORRIBLE news for WG. I don't even know how you can recover from your #1 content creator jumping ship. Maybe Jingles will get a nice letter and check from Victor Kislyi and a Belarussian mail-order bride to bring him back into their fold? But this seems like a pretty definitive decision. I only wish I could see what is going on in WG internal emails and video conference calls right now... This is absolute mayhem and I have more than enough  :popcorn: to enjoy the storm

WGNA are a bunch of retarded faggots. Just when the drama was about to be over they go full autism mode. You can't even mention anything about the drama on the WoT NA forums or else the mods will delete your thread within minutes and give you forum bans. They truly are the stupidest gaming company alive. If WG actually goes after Foch and this goes to court somehow I would personally donate money to Foch's case.

Atleast we get the chance to create some dank memes out of this shitshow.

ygOVwjQ.jpg

WG NA making drama great again :trump:

just when i had some hope, they pull a fucking kotaku on themselves

i really thought they were better then this

Its a shame because his WoWS content is pretty good, especially his views on the new lines to some extent. I'm rubbish at botes though. 

His comments on WoT have been correct and the only thing that can be annoying from a higher skill level is some of his commentary, which can be forgiven since by his own admission, he's worse than he used to be. Its right enough most of the time though. That being said, I mainly just watch every monday or so with the occasional compilations he does and some WoWS videos, especially ones on new ships. 

Anyway, WG are supposed to have a weekly meeting every Monday. I'm pretty sure a lot of the responses from WG NA are from before Monday, which is fucking stupid. Why you would make any statement at all regarding such a touchy subject without communicating with the rest of WG just defies any logic. How the fuck did they even get a job in the first place?  

Wow, WGNA publically taking a retarded stance on something for once? Why am I not surprised? Friend of mine was banned from the forum for 30 days for posting a screenshot his platoonmate took of him accidentally glitching outside the redline with all names covered aside from the screenshot taker's, though he appealed it and they gave some sort of apology that was probably a copypasta reply and even went to say that it was a "system" that "automatically" banned him and moved the thread to a hidden forum which is obviously bullshit. Here's the reasons listed:

HtCTOfF.png?1

Name and shame, UNCONSTRUCTIVE, and apparently trying to start unrest by revealing a possibly massive exploit and asking WG to fix it. I really wish you could see the moderator who issued the strike/ban/etc's name on the warning. More on that here if you're interested.

This isn't the first time WGNA has enacted absolutely retarded enforcement actions nor will it be the last as evidenced by what they said about Foch despite WGEU apologizing about it. What gets me is why WGNA out of all the servers think they can afford to be shitty to someone undeserving and who hardly even plays the NA server (atleast to my knowledge, correct me if I'm wrong) and making sure everyone and their mom sees it as opposed to their usual hush-hush style of moderation and banning. Ya know... because NA has the second lowest current population out of all the servers? Meathead even approached poshy and basically told him he'd be a Community Contributor if he toned down his language and insults, though according to poshy he said it far less formally than that and whatever he said apparently seriously pissed poshy off to the point of blocking him on twitch/ingame and kept on trucking with his charity donations and entertaining viewers. I detest that to be a CC you seem to generally have to be a super PC nice guy; IE fucking boring and not worth watching. There's quite a few streamers out there who wouldn't even have a viewer base if they had to abide by these strict set of rules and essentially be another QB. If WG wanted more people to be attracted to WOT, they'd go with the more outlandish and actually funny streamers who are entertaining to watch and not impose the threat of DMCA or straight up removal of CC status for their style of delivery. Who the fuck even wants to be a CC at this point? 

The main thing that gets me is how fucking hard would it have been to message Foch and say "Hey man, can you chill with the insults to our company in the future, please? We love your content but don't curse our name since you're a CC and all." and letting it slide this time? I never saw anyone mention that they warned him before hand in a reasonable way, seemingly just taking harsh action and making up that he "used homophobic slurs" that I've yet to hear in any video of his I've seen.

It's sad that the fucktards at exposingwot are starting to look less like tinfoil hatted stay-at-home dads with mental deficiencies and more like they actually got something right for once in a way.

With all this shitstorm going now, do you guys think that WG will sit down and listen now that Jingles, their #1 English CC took his ball and went home?

2 minutes ago, ZXrage said:

With all this shitstorm going now, do you guys think that WG will sit down and listen now that Jingles, their #1 English CC took his ball and went home?

One can hope, but we'll see. The best solution in my opinion would be to start firing these people in WG who seem to be acting way out of line and establish a better communication inside the company. You can't have one part of the company taking serious actions and making threats then immediately have a different part offer an apology for what is "not their policy". WGNA, judging from what they said inspite of WGEU apologizing, needs a serious swamp draining. Just my thoughts, hopefully this situation is resolved and the game/community takes a steer back in the right direction ASAP. I'd rather not abandon this game and company just yet.

WG need to run things to their PR department and expand that damn thing. 

At the moment, it seems they don't have one (they do though.)

I think (hope) they will.

All they really need to do is say "we fucked up, going forward we're going to have one policy across all regions, there is a certain standard that CC members agree to meet, we reserve the right to terminate CC status at any time for not meeting those standards , but we will never pursue copyright strikes against anyone."

Which is pretty much what EU did. Just get the other regions on board and they're done.

They gave an r/o for a mild post in a thread.  Corey Conner finally told me the ban was for being non-constructive.  Of course, there was no warning before the the R/O so I could, you know, not post. 

12 minutes ago, Canadian_Reaper said:

Which is pretty much what EU did. Just get the other regions on board and they're done.

Should boil down to telling the other regions:

You follow our policy, or Screen-Shot-2015-07-15-at-11.00.46-AM.jp

:bigdoge:

The irony is that they lost a CC who was not only their #1 English language CC, but also one who produced a lot of genuinely funny content that I could actually watch with my not-yet-13-year-old and not cringe.  Raising self-destructive behavior to new levels.

well, jingles said he was just resigning from the CC program, not ceasing WOT/WOWS videos. but he is diversifying as well. Aging Jedi is doing the same thing

2 minutes ago, Wanderjar said:

well, jingles said he was just resigning from the CC program, not ceasing WOT/WOWS videos. but he is diversifying as well. Aging Jedi is doing the same thing

This.

All it means is he won't be getting access to new ships and tanks beforehand and he will be doing less wargaming content. 

Which is understandable since he genuinely likes Wargaming games, although i can see him dropping it completely if WG decided to go full gaijin and actually strike someone. 

To be honest, my guess from personal cultural experience is that the Russians were like "cyka blyat, we dont understand americans good", so they went ahead and hired someone who advertised themselves as a person in tune with the US business scene and gave him free reign. After that, said guy likely went ahead and just hired his friends rather than actual competent workers.

It would explain the super cringy world of tanks ads that usually make me embarrassed to be playing. It would also explain the sudden extreme SJW response to foch, since theyre automatically just doing what corporate america does, rather than being actually fucking competent in communicating and analyzing a situation.

Inb4 Jingles logs in and recieves a permanent ban message from a "rogue" employee for reason "Homophobic slurs/Stepping Down" :doge:

it's gotten so bad that Jingles is reconsidering going back to check out War Thunder

WAR THUNDER!

WG(NA) damn fucked up

heads need to roll over there