Canadian_Reaper

And now Jingles is gone

76 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Kramburglar said:

Looks like they finally managed to get a map and flashlight together and find their collective asshole.  Still mind boggling that it took this long.

Capture.PNG

When I look at this I see an apology and then then they gloss over the rest of the issues that were raised (like where the game is going, and the behaviour of certain WG staff) and put it on the CCs and apparently it's the guidelines that were at fault.

But apparently they will have a statement ready on P2W at the end of the GFs so maybe there will be something to that -- or maybe they are waiting for everything to blow over.

Latest from Jingles:

MBIQTIc.png

I dont think the issue here that blew up so much was the tank itself. The tank is a problem, yes, but what caused all the outrage was the censorship threats. Thats what caused all this. So while it doesnt fix the underlying issue of the tank. At least they finally upped and admitted "we fucked up, we're sorry. We promise it wont happen again"

36 minutes ago, Fenxis said:

When I look at this I see an apology and then then they gloss over the rest of the issues that were raised (like where the game is going, and the behaviour of certain WG staff) and put it on the CCs and apparently it's the guidelines that were at fault.

But apparently they will have a statement ready on P2W at the end of the GFs so maybe there will be something to that -- or maybe they are waiting for everything to blow over.

Latest from Jingles:

MBIQTIc.png

They definitely need to address the direction the game is going, but I didn't expect it to be in this PR statement.  Balance is a long term thing and you don't want to go making promises you might not be able to carry through on down the road.

Apologising for fucking up multiple times in the same PR disaster should be a no brainer though, and they finally did that, so half a step in the right direction at least.  Hopefully we'll get more good news regarding balance soon.

"we fucked up, we're sorry. We promise it wont happen again"

inb4 another major pr fuckup proving that wg will never learn.

1 hour ago, Kramburglar said:

They definitely need to address the direction the game is going, but I didn't expect it to be in this PR statement.  Balance is a long term thing and you don't want to go making promises you might not be able to carry through on down the road.

Problem is every time they look into a fix they instead look into completely changing mechanics all at once. Take a look at their premium ammo approach where they also tested entirely changing purposes of vehicles, their stats, and pen drop off at the same time as tinkering with the concept of premium ammo. It needlessly complicates the issue into being a bigger deal than it should be.

18 hours ago, ThomChen114 said:

the only thing i can learn from Jingles nowadays is nothing, at least nothing directly from him or by him.

he's mostly featuring stuff from other players, and he does give an honest disclaimer whenever he features his own replays to not expect anything spectacular (Random Acts of Violence etc). but some of the stuff from other players are pretty decent

A lot of beginners can learn stuff from Jingle's, but as it's a game and unfortunately for many who take the game and their stats very seriously, many play just for fun.  That was Jingles did mostly make it more fun.

Honestly, if Jingles bails it will be a bigger blow than SirFoch IMHO.

--------------

As to the "big apology, they had no choice or this entire incident could have spelled the beginning of the end for WG because a couple people got in their feelings over being criticized.

20 hours ago, MagicalFlyingFox said:

This.

All it means is he won't be getting access to new ships and tanks beforehand and he will be doing less wargaming content. 

Which is understandable since he genuinely likes Wargaming games, although i can see him dropping it completely if WG decided to go full gaijin and actually strike someone. 

*phew*

20 hours ago, WorldConqueror said:

tbf i don't think jingles has actually played wot in years so

Pretty sure he did some tooning with QB in TOGs around these past holidays.  The vids were pretty damned funny, prime examples of his dry narrative style.

54 minutes ago, xWulffx said:

A lot of beginners can learn stuff from Jingle's, but as it's a game and unfortunately for many who take the game and their stats very seriously, many play just for fun.  That was Jingles did mostly make it more fun.

Honestly, if Jingles bails it will be a bigger blow than SirFoch IMHO.

100% Agree.  I don't much enjoy rivers of bile (I know it's what some folks dig, and that's cool for them).  I like my commentary dry and witty, and Jingles checks both boxes in spades.

5 hours ago, GehakteMolen said:

Haha, so WG RU got involved anyway (Pankov is some important guy, i guess he now has the same job serb used to have)

Pankov goes by the alias "Evilly", according to Slava Makarov he's responsible for major changes to WoT's direction in 2015, or roughly patch 9.6 and onward

10 hours ago, Legiondude said:

Pankov goes by the alias "Evilly", according to Slava Makarov he's responsible for major changes to WoT's direction in 2015, or roughly patch 9.6 and onward

Hmm, so Slava was not happy with the changes Pankov made :P

Perhaps we need a healthy dose of Serbalancing..

ps: main problem is ofc that WG wont just nerf OP tanks (high tier mediums, spmm tanks when played by unicums, IS3, E5 etc, so instead of nerfing, they just buff everything else...

ps ps: the roo problem is that tier 10 tanks are way to strong, sandbox of last summer adressed this, by beiing an all-round nerf, people started crying, so now we get the WG solution, if tier 10 cant be nerfed to make it fit more with tier 8 and 9, then we just buff all the tier 8 and 9 instead... (nobody is wondering why tier 10 tanks get no buffs? yeah, now you know...)

4 minutes ago, GehakteMolen said:

(nobody is wondering why tier 10 tanks get no buffs? yeah, now you know...)

I mean, buffs to tier 10s (Maus, Type 5) is kind of why we're in this situation right now...

21 minutes ago, ZXrage said:

I mean, buffs to tier 10s (Maus, Type 5) is kind of why we're in this situation right now...

Both of those where sacks of shit since like forever, and should have been buffed like 4 years ago (maus) and 1 patch after introduction (type 5) because:

• Arty
  • Gold ammo
  • Open maps
  • worthless guns

WG ofc doesnt nerf gold ammo and nerf arty BEFORE buffing those tanks, nooo, they do it all in 1 patch, had WG waited with buffing the maus and type 5 till patch 9.20, only the type 5 would have gotten a small buff, and perhaps maus an hp and small dpm buff and thats it.

As somebody said above (or in other topic) WG always pulls this shit, they do everything at the same time, instead of in phases, its the same with buffing, not 3 small buffs spread out over time, but 1 mega buff and lets see what happens...

Isn't there some rule in online games that classes get over-buffed and then over-nerfed based.  I can't think of any online game I've played, admittedly not many, where the devs used gradual changes. I haven't played for 4 glorious months so I didn't realize gold ammo was nerfed.

19 hours ago, Assassin7 said:

I dont think the issue here that blew up so much was the tank itself. The tank is a problem, yes, but what caused all the outrage was the censorship threats. Thats what caused all this. So while it doesnt fix the underlying issue of the tank. At least they finally upped and admitted "we fucked up, we're sorry. We promise it wont happen again"

I was thinking the opposite: that the controversy had legs because of the underlying balance problems and P2W direction of the game. People often say they are mad at procedure, when they are really mad at substance.

5 hours ago, Hellsfog said:

Isn't there some rule in online games that classes get over-buffed and then over-nerfed based.  I can't think of any online game I've played, admittedly not many, where the devs used gradual changes. I haven't played for 4 glorious months so I didn't realize gold ammo was nerfed.

It hasnt

Last summer on sandbox WG nerfraped gold shells so hard, AP was better half the time (like, on long range, your AP has the same penetration as APCR), but people started crying and bitching so it didnt happen.

However...

• Maus and type 5 are now strength-wise as good as on sandbox
  • Arty got reworked to what it was on sandbox

I also wouldnt be suprised if (part) of the TD changes will also be implemented at some point

Further the lights appear to have got part of that SB potatoe accuracy everyone found so fun... because a class that scaled with skill clearly needed more RNG in it...

5 hours ago, GehakteMolen said:

It hasnt

Last summer on sandbox WG nerfraped gold shells so hard, AP was better half the time (like, on long range, your AP has the same penetration as APCR), but people started crying and bitching so it didnt happen.

However...

• Maus and type 5 are now strength-wise as good as on sandbox
  • Arty got reworked to what it was on sandbox

I also wouldnt be suprised if (part) of the TD changes will also be implemented at some point

Well it doesn't matter when all you need is a gun that has HEAT. 

Also fuck the Maus and Type 5. Maus gun buffs and Type 5 derp gun is just idiotic for the game. 

Who knew that buffing ALL the stats (bar mobility) on the Maus would make it such a monster. I for one enjoy it when i run into these matchups.

d9820e027f.jpg

I am starting to think they should change the mm to plus/minus 0. In that way you have only same tier tanks and you balance them accordingly. Much easier for those retards at WG.

You can then take away all the gold shells since standard should be balanced and enough for one tier. Buff and nerf the premiums at tier 8.

Fix alpha and dpm depending on the tier (bye bye isu's 750 at tier 8 bring to 500 or less). 

And finally rework maps based on tiers, no more mines past 7, no malinovka until 7. Add new maps for higher and lower tiers

Done, game fixed gg. And if they fuck up even the easiest solution possible then the game shall die and they should all rethink their idea of having children. 

29 minutes ago, nabucodonsor said:

I am starting to think they should change the mm to plus/minus 0. In that way you have only same tier tanks and you balance them accordingly. Much easier for those retards at WG.

That'll scare off all the pubbies.

They like the roll of the dice and the chance that they could be top tier and get to rampage on the lower tiers, even if it hardly ever actually happens.

29 minutes ago, nabucodonsor said:

Would insta kill the game, even +1 mm will kill it, having the same mm over and over is super mega boring

+ without +2 mm red idiots will never be able to ``pwn``, if joe average cant ``pwn`` they will quit, since who is gonna play a game where they always get raped by invisible tanks? gold ammo spammers? and mod hackers?

Mark my words, if WG EVER changes mm to +1 or +0 or whatever, it will be the beginning of the end for wot, might take a year or 2, but it will start to collaps from that point, and if you look back from the future, you can say: patch 9.25, when they added +1mm, THAT was the end

8 hours ago, MagicalFlyingFox said:

Well it doesn't matter when all you need is a gun that has HEAT. 

Also fuck the Maus and Type 5. Maus gun buffs and Type 5 derp gun is just idiotic for the game. 

Who knew that buffing ALL the stats (bar mobility) on the Maus would make it such a monster. I for one enjoy it when i run into these matchups.

d9820e027f.jpg

Well, on EU:

• Good chance the maus go hill (im dead serious)
  • The maus split up, because hurr durr
  • The maus camp base, push rail, or use another ``spesiul tektik``
  • The entire team lemmingtrains behind the mauses

All in all, its 50% chance they will fuck themself in a way a sane person would never come up with...

If they do play ``normal``, you can still easy win, since with 2 autoloaders, you can take hill faster as they can clear tank alley, and after that, if people just drive around, it becomes a free 4 all all over the map.

ONLY when your team decides to fight them head on, like real retards would do, you loose

So TL:DR: unlucky you get a Grille + 2 mediums, aswell as an extra tier 10 arty, but apart from that, its a normal 50/50 game, where the team with the biggest morons will loose...

1 hour ago, GehakteMolen said:

Would insta kill the game, even +1 mm will kill it, having the same mm over and over is super mega boring

+ without +2 mm red idiots will never be able to ``pwn``, if joe average cant ``pwn`` they will quit, since who is gonna play a game where they always get raped by invisible tanks? gold ammo spammers? and mod hackers?

Mark my words, if WG EVER changes mm to +1 or +0 or whatever, it will be the beginning of the end for wot, might take a year or 2, but it will start to collaps from that point, and if you look back from the future, you can say: patch 9.25, when they added +1mm, THAT was the end

Well, on EU:

All in all, its 50% chance they will fuck themself in a way a sane person would never come up with...

If they do play ``normal``, you can still easy win, since with 2 autoloaders, you can take hill faster as they can clear tank alley, and after that, if people just drive around, it becomes a free 4 all all over the map.

ONLY when your team decides to fight them head on, like real retards would do, you loose

So TL:DR: unlucky you get a Grille + 2 mediums, aswell as an extra tier 10 arty, but apart from that, its a normal 50/50 game, where the team with the biggest morons will loose...

While i agree it would be more boring you know that this is the best solution to have a balanced game knowing how bad they are at doing so. And if they keep this policy they have you know the game will die anyway. While I personally do not like my own solution that much I think this is more simple to obtain balance. WG is stupid and lazy therefore I think this is the best way to go around WG incompetence. Plus pubbies will stop whining about being always bottom tier even with the new mm. I am a person that likes to cut the crap and this shit has gone on for far too long. 

I am just stating a fact (aka WG incapacity) and giving the easiest solution to the problem. 

+0/-0 would be horrible. Nuff said.

@GehakteMolen explained it rather well why in reality the +2/-2 is best possible option. What they need to do instead is to just tone tier differences slightly down. For example, difference between TVP VTU and Maus... thats almost as unfair as tier 8 heavy pawning tier 5s.

But that is pretty extreme example, on the other hand you have something like IS-3 and Leopard 1 and it becomes very questionable which one even is the better tank...for many situations IS-3 is just better. Only T8 mediums generally would need a light buff, T8 heavies and TD's are pretty much fine against T10 already. Other tiers are quite ok with current tier differences also, sure there are some tanks that are pretty useless when bottom, but generally I don't see big problems. Maybe some low tiers, like T4 against T6...but honestly can't even name any T4 tank right now so hard to say :O  

On 25/05/2017 at 4:55 PM, GehakteMolen said:

Well, on EU:

On the ASIA server:

• Good chance the entire Maus/E100 plat will go alley.
  • Dumb pubbehs on the other side of the alley will not be able to pen the Mauses.
  • No one on hill will help push.
  • Mauses will get through to the other side of the alley still on full HP.
  • Part of the team will be sniping from the top of the hill to base.
  • The other half will rush back down the hill the way they came and get farmed by the rest of the enemy team waiting for them at the bottom while the other part of the enemy team starts pushing hill and comes down behind and finishes off the stragglers pro sniping base.

So TL;DR: alt + f4 & uninstall.

what actually happened:

Plat went through alley into cap on 2000+hp each.

1/3rd of the team tried to fight them (???)

A few of us went hill and into enemy cap.

Mauschen, 704, 13 105, arty all waiting. 

Enemy capped out with almost 10k hp advantage.