Sgt. Pepper

WG - >9000; Playerbase - 2

60 posts in this topic

TIL that Casual Purple was actually just a section for drama. (Placing this here to be in the same place as the rest of the drama)

So, recent developments in the SirFoch situation/FochGate (not my preferred term since Watergate was very different) lead us to WG EU and WG NA releasing the same statement.

Said statement here. (EU site)

MORE IMPORTANTLY a statement was released regarding the strong premiums and recent P2W elements.

WG Staff: "We will provide answers regarding the questions surrounding World of Tanks becoming P2W and the Premium T8 situation during the Grand Finals. We will make sure that the communication is properly distributed and we're working on an open Q&A for those who won't be joining the Grand Finals."

These links and quotes were found courtesy of Baarn on the wotlabs Discord.

Here's to the second victory the playerbase has had, first being the Rubicon patch!

This proves my theory about youtubers being opinion leaders and the power they have on their followers. Imagine what QB could do with his legion of followers. People should really study this phenomenon  

57 minutes ago, nabucodonsor said:

This proves my theory about youtubers being opinion leaders and the power they have on their followers. Imagine what QB could do with his legion of followers. People should really study this phenomenon  

People are too dumb, too lazy, and often both to even try to lead a thought of their own. If a person they like and follow says something and it does not appear to be totally wrong to said lazy and dumb people at first glance they will agree and go with it. Pretty simple, I'd say. 

1 hour ago, Xen said:

People are too dumb, too lazy, and often both to even try to lead a thought of their own. If a person they like and follow says something and it does not appear to be totally wrong to said lazy and dumb people at first glance they will agree and go with it. Pretty simple, I'd say. 

Xen, please, since when is to not appear to be totally wrong an obstacle?

1 hour ago, Xen said:

That was not my point. My point is how, in which direction and to what extent.  How would/does this influence in micro and macro, and up to which point people are influenced by other people. The fact that people are sheep is no news, but how much power you have on them is another story.

Can we all stop with the whole "pay to win" stuff?

"Pay to play" is more correct.

Not really serious, but kinda serious...

They'll probably anounce that they are planning to re-balance t8 non-prem tanks over the the next 15 years to bring them in line with the interesting and dynamic premiums.

2 hours ago, dualmaster333 said:

Can we all stop with the whole "pay to win" stuff?

"Pay to play" is more correct.

Not really serious, but kinda serious...

Yeah, I had difficulty describing the situation. I knew that it was close to pay 2 win, but wasn't quite. It isn't quite pay-to-play either, as the IS-3 exists, and armor tends to uptier poorly so higher tiers kick the shit out of the 252U and Liberte. I figured that was the best term to use because they are easy tanks to play and win with.

1 hour ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Yeah, I had difficulty describing the situation. I knew that it was close to pay 2 win, but wasn't quite. It isn't quite pay-to-play either, as the IS-3 exists, and armor tends to uptier poorly so higher tiers kick the shit out of the 252U and Liberte. I figured that was the best term to use because they are easy tanks to play and win with.

I'm going more pay to play as you splerg credits bouncing Prem ammo off the new tonks

Have you seen Shishx replay vid of a Defender? I feel he resumes pretty well what's the main issue with this p2w/p2play tanks, T8SH are cancerous as fuck because this new prem are better than the 80% of tier 8s in the game, same situation between 6-8 in randoms, I used to enjoy playing my tier 8s prem in randoms, now it feels pointless because being top tier new prems are pretty hard to kill and in tier 10 Super Heavy Meta makes my tanks pointess even if I spam HEAT/APCR

I actually dont have many problems with my mutz at tier 8 using 90% of the time ap and not apcr. I feel the biggest problems are due to maps than the actual  tanks. Sure they are op and so annoying but thanks to a shit playerbase their strengh gets mitigated quite a lot.

9 minutes ago, nabucodonsor said:

I actually dont have many problems with my mutz at tier 8 using 90% of the time ap and not apcr. I feel the biggest problems are due to maps than the actual  tanks. Sure they are op and so annoying but thanks to a shit playerbase their strengh gets mitigated quite a lot.

Yes, a good map design would allow you to flank slow tanks in fast tanks. Do that on Abbey/Windstorm :kappa:

Is there a link for the second quote? About the premiums etc. 

23 minutes ago, WhatTheSkara said:

Yes, a good map design would allow you to flank slow tanks in fast tanks. Do that on Abbey/Windstorm :kappa:

The only real tunnel map wot has, Abbey, is in the game since like forever, yet people bitch about stalingrad (where you can flank all over the place) but somehow Abbey never gets the hate (it really deserves)

main problem with new prems is:

• They are better against low tiers as many tech tree tanks
  • Certain tech tree tanks are now really obsolete (Defender vs 110? Patriot vs T32?)
  • They are noob proof, a moron in a Liberte is more dangerous as a moron in a KT

On average, the new prems still suck against high tiers, since armor scales badly, trow in prems often have other ``perks`` (No dpm (liberte), no alpha dmg (patriot) or bad accuracy / gun handling (defender) and they scale badly. And in the hands of a unicum, many tech tree tanks are still better, KV4 or KT let alone IS3 still beat down these premiums, both 1vs1 and over a bunch of games

ps: that said, the only way WG can fix this mess, is by nerfing / rebalancing them, and offering a re-fund for those who want, there is no reason for massive changes, but enough to make them a tad weaker

3 minutes ago, GehakteMolen said:

ps: that said, the only way WG can fix this mess, is by nerfing / rebalancing them, and offering a re-fund for those who want, there is no reason for massive changes, but enough to make them a tad weaker

You know what might help?? GIVING THEM FRIGGIN WEAKSPOTS.... a tank that needs gold to be penned is not a tank that should be in the game, i agree with foch 100% on his points about weak spots, though more from a balance side (rather than a shooting at weak points makes the game fun side)- the new tanks would be 100% fine if the defender had a weakpoint (like a hatch) on each pike, the patriot had a 59 patton style cupola, the liberte had tiger p cheeks and the chrysler K(ancer) had the mg ports and a pennable cupola... kinda like a tier 8 version of the prebuff vk B. these tanks would all still be effective, but not as strong as they are because they would no longer be invulnerable unless handled skillfully.

All of these could be fixed without directly "nerfing" the tanks, just by giving them hd models

Except the maus. that need sdpm nerfs and the armour back to what is was... im fine with it having a big slab of hp and good gun handling as long as it can't win a dpm battle with a 400 alpha tank

13 minutes ago, garryallen said:

You know what might help?? GIVING THEM FRIGGIN WEAKSPOTS.... a tank that needs gold to be penned is not a tank that should be in the game, i agree with foch 100% on his points about weak spots, though more from a balance side (rather than a shooting at weak points makes the game fun side)- the new tanks would be 100% fine if the defender had a weakpoint (like a hatch) on each pike, the patriot had a 59 patton style cupola, the liberte had tiger p cheeks and the chrysler K(ancer) had the mg ports and a pennable cupola... kinda like a tier 8 version of the prebuff vk B. these tanks would all still be effective, but not as strong as they are because they would no longer be invulnerable unless handled skillfully.

Actually, liberté got a frontal weakspot : the small 75mm thick cuppola on his turret, as well as terrible side armor. It's got better armor than the tiger 2 for sure, but the gun is worse. From all the new prems it's one of them with the lowest Wr. It might need a weaker lfp but that's all.

Patriot armor is, irc worse than the t32 (at least on the turret). If it's a better t32 it's more the consequence of his advantage in mobility and armement. I don't think that adding a turret weakspot it's the way to go.

34 minutes ago, GehakteMolen said:

by nerfing / rebalancing them, and offering a re-fund for those who want, there is no reason for massive changes, but enough to make them a tad weaker

Did wg offer some kind of refund for the nerf of the type 59 ?

Just now, Serprotease said:

Did wg offer some kind of refund for the nerf of the type 59 ?

They never nerfed type :P

WG did offer a refund when they nerfed Super Pershing, but this was not a small nerf, but they killed the tank

For the new prems:

• Patriot: nerf lfp armor a lot, make hatch a bit bigger and weaker OR nerf the mobility a lot, so it move like a heavy, not heavium
  • Defender: make the hatches a bit bigger, nerf UFP a bit (so when he angles, it becomes much faster weak) and put a normal 390 dmg gun on it, 440 is too much, unless it has paper armor
  • Liberte: nerf lfp and small buff to dpm (a liberte cant be angled, so nerfing the lfp would make the armor worthless, like how VK-B also was shit, you couldnt angle it, forcing you to take anything head on, having shitty front armor thus made the tank awefull...)
  • Cry K: give it a machine gun port, nerf hatch + make it bigger

That said, long ago many tanks had viewport  and suchs, WG has been steadily removing these weakspots for many patches, imo a bad game direction...

31 minutes ago, Serprotease said:

Actually, liberté got a frontal weakspot : the small 75mm thick cuppola on his turret, as well as terrible side armor. It's got better armor than the tiger 2 for sure, but the gun is worse. From all the new prems it's one of them with the lowest Wr. It might need a weaker lfp but that's all.

Patriot armor is, irc worse than the t32 (at least on the turret). If it's a better t32 it's more the consequence of his advantage in mobility and armement. I don't think that adding a turret weakspot it's the way to go.

I was kinda ranting and not necessarily going with what would be best... but it is possible to nerf the tanks without "nerfing" them hehehehe

and i thought of the patriot in comparison to the pershing would be (more) balanced if it risked a lot of damage when it peeked... think ht verison of the 59 patton sort of maybe i dont know rip

it also makes the patriot different to the t32, not just better

Plus it suits wg as noone gets refunded

2 hours ago, GehakteMolen said:

They never nerfed type :P

WG did offer a refund when they nerfed Super Pershing, but this was not a small nerf, but they killed the tank

For the new prems:

• Patriot: nerf lfp armor a lot, make hatch a bit bigger and weaker OR nerf the mobility a lot, so it move like a heavy, not heavium
  • Defender: make the hatches a bit bigger, nerf UFP a bit (so when he angles, it becomes much faster weak) and put a normal 390 dmg gun on it, 440 is too much, unless it has paper armor
  • Liberte: nerf lfp and small buff to dpm (a liberte cant be angled, so nerfing the lfp would make the armor worthless, like how VK-B also was shit, you couldnt angle it, forcing you to take anything head on, having shitty front armor thus made the tank awefull...)
  • Cry K: give it a machine gun port, nerf hatch + make it bigger

That said, long ago many tanks had viewport  and suchs, WG has been steadily removing these weakspots for many patches, imo a bad game direction...

They have nerfed Type 59 a few times atleast, several years ago. Massive mobility and gun nerfs atleast.

These were in 8.2 atleast, and they are not the only time it has been nerfed.

Repair cost of NORINCO 12150L engine has been increased by 22%.
Weight of the hull increased from 15400kg to 16478kg.
Armoring of the Type 59 hull sides decreased from 65mm to 60mm.
Reloading time of the Type 59 100mm gun increased from 8.0 sec to 8.7sec.
Increased the aiming time for the 100 mm Type 59 gun from 2.86 sec to 2.9 sec.

2 hours ago, Stige said:

They have nerfed Type 59 a few times atleast, several years ago. Massive mobility and gun nerfs atleast.

These were in 8.2 atleast, and they are not the only time it has been nerfed.

yeah, but WG also buffed the penetration from 175 to 181, and before (or after) that gave it some other buff aswell (afaik accuracy (?)

+ type hes main weakness, ghetto gun handling, got compensated A LOT when WG reworked accuracy in 8.6 (the sigma changes) fast tanks with crappy gun handling benefited the most (so russian, and type 59)

ps: WG also never gave type 59 a ``HD turret`` nor did WG ever fix the stupid gun depression and all of this is ignoring the fact that the typw 59 was brutal OP / too good for like 4 years, only last half year, due to all heavy armored tanks, it starts to finally become balanced (and its still the best spmm tank there is, and if they ever put it in store, i will insta buy it, to crush dreams of red tards and show peasants how you really play Type 59)

1 hour ago, GehakteMolen said:

yeah, but WG also buffed the penetration from 175 to 181, and before (or after) that gave it some other buff aswell (afaik accuracy (?)

+ type hes main weakness, ghetto gun handling, got compensated A LOT when WG reworked accuracy in 8.6 (the sigma changes) fast tanks with crappy gun handling benefited the most (so russian, and type 59)

ps: WG also never gave type 59 a ``HD turret`` nor did WG ever fix the stupid gun depression and all of this is ignoring the fact that the typw 59 was brutal OP / too good for like 4 years, only last half year, due to all heavy armored tanks, it starts to finally become balanced (and its still the best spmm tank there is, and if they ever put it in store, i will insta buy it, to crush dreams of red tards and show peasants how you really play Type 59)

It was "brutal op" for only a short period of time after the release before they pulled it from sale and nerfed it afterwards.

46 minutes ago, Stige said:

It was "brutal op" for only a short period of time after the release before they pulled it from sale and nerfed it afterwards.

What nerf?

The only ``nerf`` it got was the thing you posted in 8.2 (dec 2012), type 59 was added in patch 6.7 (sep 2011)

And it was not a nerf, since you removed all the buffs it ALSO got:

Type 59:

• Increased the traverse speed from 45 to 46 deg/sec.
  • Reduced the gun dispersion during vehicle rotation by 5%.
  • Reduced ground resistance by 10%.
  • Changed the Norinco 12150L engine tier from IX to VIII.
  • Repair cost of Norinco 12150L engine has been increased by 22%.
  • Weight of the hull increased from 15,400kg to 16,478kg.
  • Armoring of the Type 59 turret increased from 104mm to 130mm.
  • Armoring of the Type 59 hull sides decreased  from 65mm to 60mm.
  • Reloading time of the Type 59 100mm gun increased from 8.0 sec to 8.7sec.
  • Increased the aiming time for the 100 mm Type 59 gun from 2.86 sec to 2.9 sec.
  • Increased the damage value of the Chuan bei-412 shell from 230 to 250 points.
  • Increased the penetration value of the Chuan bei-412 shell from 175mm to 181mm.
  • Increased the damage value of the Chuan chao-412 shell from 230 to 250 points.
  • Increased the penetration value of the Chuan chao-412 shell from 235mm to 241mm.
  • Increased the tower traverse speed from 45 to 46 deg/sec.

Less ground resistance to compensate the weight increase, gun handling buff (small, but so is the aim time nerf) and turret armor buff vs side armor nerf

Type 59 owners are the biggest l2p crybaby of the whole f***** game

1. It never got nerfed
  2. It was stupid good, and the best spmm tank WG ever released

It sucks at damage farming, but so what, who the f*** care for dmg padding? a Type 59 farms winratio like no other tank...

That looks like the adjustment for when they removed its pref mm. Do you have the next round of adjustments handy for when it was shifted back to pref mm?

20 hours ago, GehakteMolen said:

What nerf?

The only ``nerf`` it got was the thing you posted in 8.2 (dec 2012), type 59 was added in patch 6.7 (sep 2011)

And it was not a nerf, since you removed all the buffs it ALSO got:

Type 59:

• Increased the traverse speed from 45 to 46 deg/sec.
  • Reduced the gun dispersion during vehicle rotation by 5%.
  • Reduced ground resistance by 10%.
  • Changed the Norinco 12150L engine tier from IX to VIII.
  • Repair cost of Norinco 12150L engine has been increased by 22%.
  • Weight of the hull increased from 15,400kg to 16,478kg.
  • Armoring of the Type 59 turret increased from 104mm to 130mm.
  • Armoring of the Type 59 hull sides decreased  from 65mm to 60mm.
  • Reloading time of the Type 59 100mm gun increased from 8.0 sec to 8.7sec.
  • Increased the aiming time for the 100 mm Type 59 gun from 2.86 sec to 2.9 sec.
  • Increased the damage value of the Chuan bei-412 shell from 230 to 250 points.
  • Increased the penetration value of the Chuan bei-412 shell from 175mm to 181mm.
  • Increased the damage value of the Chuan chao-412 shell from 230 to 250 points.
  • Increased the penetration value of the Chuan chao-412 shell from 235mm to 241mm.
  • Increased the tower traverse speed from 45 to 46 deg/sec.

Less ground resistance to compensate the weight increase, gun handling buff (small, but so is the aim time nerf) and turret armor buff vs side armor nerf

Type 59 owners are the biggest l2p crybaby of the whole f***** game

1. It never got nerfed
  2. It was stupid good, and the best spmm tank WG ever released

It sucks at damage farming, but so what, who the f*** care for dmg padding? a Type 59 farms winratio like no other tank...

Type59 is shit. It's garbage now. I fucking hope and pray WG puts in on sale so all the 59 fanboys can spend 200 on it then bitch that it's a pile of shit.