BiggieD61

Ranked Season 7: Back to 6?

166 posts in this topic

You do not get rewarded for doing nothing, you get rewarded for dealing damage, spotting damage, capturing capture-points, reseting capture-points and killing enemy ships and planes. If your team is passive, they are not going to do a whole lot of any of those, which should result in you getting, comparatively, lots of XP and thus allowing you to retain your star even when loosing. In my experience, given a bad team, some 70k+ damage dealt secures you from loosing a star, unless a DD did a metric arseload of work.

Being able to retain a star even when loosing a battle, was a godsend for the game-mode, because being punished just because your team is garbage, is the single most demotivating factor imaginable. The question really is, should people who won and didn't do anything, should be getting a star in the first place? But that is besides the point.

P.S.: I had a look at your performance (stats) and you have a solid winrate of 61% in the last 55 days. You even manage a 71% winrate in your Bayern. I genuinely do not see your problem, other than not being able to play around your team, given your description (you are possibly overextending because they play more passively and consequentially get plowed before you can deal your damage). You do have a severe draught in the last few games though and I highly suggest, to leave the game be for a day or two, rather than playing it frustrated.

Yea I just got torped from behind by my own Fubuki. Better go play something else. This sure isn´t getting me anywhere.

Ok, started only two days ago and, boy, is it a pain to be a late starter.

I fully confess that I can't cope with the totally chaotic behavior of the players that are now around rank 15. Also games are total steamrolls most of the times. Last three games in ranked ended with one side loosing only 0-1 ships while annihilating the other side in record times. And even though in my 20 games I have not been top exp on the loosing team twice progress is very hard as the winrate is mostly 50:50.

Last game I lost was with Kraken and High Caliber...

You really need to get on the in game chat and try as best as you can to "herd the cats", because that's what it's like.  If you can make them listen and execute, it usually results in a win.

Stuff like: focus fire, DDs laying smoke for and scouting for the team, staying together with no yolo rushes, not worrying so much about caps (getting and holding 1 is sufficient if you're whittling down the enemy team) ...

Time to stop again, two losses in a row.

680 Ranked battle 49%er Yoloking in BB or sits way back behind islands with guns in shadow:

dark.png

On 8/1/2017 at 3:11 AM, 33nfidel said:

Time to stop again, two losses in a row.

680 Ranked battle 49%er Yoloking in BB or sits way back behind islands with guns in shadow:

dark.png

Lol that guy. Have had him a bunch. He's the Bayern Warbeasty. I finally gave up on my skill carrying the day last night and joined the Heavy Cruiser Fuso crowd. Got today and tomorrow left (bonus: weekend), not much hope but will try.

Edit: but sweet baby Jeebus, suffering through Ranked punches up the Random stats.

WARBEASTY is the most notorious shitter on the NA server. If you ever get him on your team (almost always in a tier 10 CV, usually the Hakuryu) don't expect a win or for him to do anything remotely useful.

HELLLLLLLLLLLLLL YEAH

Finally did it today, and for a shitter like me I'm pretty proud of it  :D Went with Fuso HE spam for the most part the last few days, and wooohooo. 257 games, so not too bad.

PS Roller your WTR sig makes me feel about as talented as Warbeasty whenever I see it.

As always, I went to rank 15, got the flag, and stopped. I don't have the time or patience to try and rank out.

Took me 110 battles to do it this season, which is way up from the 89 I needed last season. Was less consistent with my destroyer play this season, should have just stayed playing battleships the whole time since that's what I had the most success in. 78% and 74% win rates in my Arizona and Warspite while only 67% and 61% win rates in my Shinonome and Anshan.

Despite my initial enthusiasm for a fully Tier 6 ranked...I just lost the will to deal with those players. Maybe it's the game itself getting massively stale too, but after the frozen-camera glitch threw a match I did a couple more games and got to 14, then stopped.

Was able to get to 8, fell back to 9 (repeatedly), had no time to try any further due to endless scheduling-conflicts with work. The ranking needs to be further individualized, really. A lot of shitters may have the time to die and gamble their way to rank 1, but I certainly don't and I get the feeling that more good players have a similar problem, which doesn't really motivate to participate in any capcity to begin with.

I hit rank 8 a couple of weeks ago and yo-yo'd between 9 and 8 for a whole weekend which killed my enthusiasm for continuing.