Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RGM79GM

Rush for tier 10 before Ranked?

14 posts in this topic

Hey so now I've got my new PC and can play this game properly I'm wondering if I should rush to unlock a couple tier 10s before ranked comes in with that crazy enhanced equipment and special temp bonuses since it's tier 10 only. Closest tanks I have to tier 10 are the M103(2 skills), M46(2 skills), Strv 103-0(full female crew), the STRV is just missing the gun upgrade others are full upgraded, I also have a fully upgraded IS3(2 skills), Emil 1 (full female crew) and an STA-2( 1 female) that I was gathering female crew for just got to do all the arty and LT missions, last 2 TD missions for remaining female crew for it as I have no other Japanese crew with even 1 skill.

So with those lines being fairly well progressed which would be best picks to advance for ranked? I was thinking maybe going for M48 Patton and the STB-1 if ranked has that new huge map otherwise I guess Kranvagn and T110E5? Though Kranvagn could be a pain against Maus.

I'd go for versatility, stb is fine, I'd powergrind a Russian med (140-62a), the e5 and strv..

I wouldnt pick Kranvagn tbh, its useless against superheavies, and i would play something that isnt frustating like Kran is. At lower and most ranks every scrub just spams Maus and Type 5, and while i guess there are bit less of them at higher ranks you will no doubt still face some.

RU hovermeds are good options, E5 i gues works too. Stuff that has armor, mobility and usable gun probably work well. 

Lets be honest tho, as long as your tank isnt casemate TD (expect 103B or maaaaaybe 263) its fine pick.

I'd wait for the patch to hit and see how ranked battles play out. The equipment is going to be a nice bonus for high skilled players who min-max to get the most out of their tanks, but a gun rammer that gives a 12.5% bonus versus a 10% bonus isn't a HUGE deal in pub matches. I think it's more worth it to spend your time grinding for tanks you want than to grind for marginal gains from the equipment. 

That said, out of the high tier tanks you are close to now, I would say go for the E5, the IS-7, and the M48. The E5 is fun to play because it does well on every map, the M48 is the closest you are to a tier 10 medium so you'll get that the fastest and it's a good all rounder. The IS7 is such an easy tank to grind to that there's not much of a point to not get it, it's flexible and armored, and it's slated to become "balanced" in the upcoming russian buff patch. I'd also recommend getting a T-62A or Object 140 because they are such fun tanks to play.

I dont thing ranked is on big maps, if it was Strv 103-b would be also good as its really good in open maps.

the huge maps I'm assuming you are referring to, D-Day, Sunny Valley, and Grand Canyon, are for Frontlines and aren't slated for 9.19.

M48, T110E5, STB-1, IS-7 and the RU hover meds are good choices that are always worth getting

Wow I didn't expect ranked to come so soon, looks like I'll just have to rush the T110E5, M48 and then grab the STB-1 or IS7 depending which one has more xp in it's line.

Remember that for ranked progress, what matters is your experience earned. Not amount of damage you deal per game though of course doing a lot damage gives good experience too. So tank doing highest possible damage is not always best choice.  Scouts could be totally viable too, even better than mediums/heavies if one can get consistently high experience with them. Assist damage, giving team edge with good scouting so more wins,  good experience from any damage they do could allow scout get top 3 loser ranking even in lost games.

Though t10 scouts seem to be simply underpowered so this is questionable in current ranked as its in tier 10.

2 hours ago, sahtila said:

Remember that for ranked progress, what matters is your experience earned. Not amount of damage you deal per game though of course doing a lot damage gives good experience too. So tank doing highest possible damage is not always best choice.  Scouts could be totally viable too, even better than mediums/heavies if one can get consistently high experience with them. Assist damage, giving team edge with good scouting so more wins,  good experience from any damage they do could allow scout get top 3 loser ranking even in lost games.

Though t10 scouts seem to be simply underpowered so this is questionable in current ranked as its in tier 10.

True, it does make his M48 option look like a real contender.

On 2017-5-31 at 3:48 PM, Archaic_One said:

True, it does make his M48 option look like a real contender.

Do you think the M48 could hold up in ranks 4-5 vs all the 907s and 140s? I'm at a bit of a dilemma if I should spend my last 200k or so free xp I got from x5 xp prem missions on the chinese LT line to get the last female crew needed for my jap med crew and have a better option when the non-beta ranked season starts or just blow it all on M48 now and see what I can make do of that.

3 minutes ago, RGM79GM said:

Do you think the M48 could hold up in ranks 4-5 vs all the 907s and 140s?

Tbh probably not. In rank 4 people already good enough to now your weak-spots and they can hit them as well. They don't even have to aim for the cupola, they can actually pen the entire turret except the mantlet. You can play it, and if you are good enough you can make it work, but it will definitely make your life harder. And it will definitely under-perform compared to the competitive tanks. 

I hate to say it but after playing ranked, I'm not sure about the M48 now.  I'm sure it would work fine in a unicums hands, but I think the pace seems to very much favor speed or armor.  I had good results in the E5 and the BC.

Well I got to rank 3 yesterday playing only the E5, just picked up the M48 today and decided to just watch other people play ranked instead of do it myself, I'll give ranked a thorough play on the last 2 days though. I put as much as I could into the M48s vision I'm hoping I can just farm assisted in it with a bit of damage thanks to the nice soft stats on the gun.

Just fyi, Strv103b is imho one of best or maybe even The best tank to use, though also high skill needed with positioning. Gold ammo cuts through superheavies easily, high camo, decently tanky especially against mediums, pretty fast, one of best dpm in game so given chance and it racks damage fast. Just small caveat: if matches stay 3 arty a side next week too, it counters td's pretty hard.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0