Luna

Ranked Battles Discussion

293 posts in this topic

So apparently WGNA is releasing 9.19 TONIGHT, and with it come a new and exciting way to make your already OP tanks more broken! http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/545030-world-of-tanks-update-919-announcement-and-server-downtime/page__p__11022378#entry11022378

All of the prizing tiers and rewards are listed on the main site. https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/general-news/update-919-improved-equipment-and-directives/

So basically, let's talk about the big news.

What are your thoughts on the impact of the game mode on pubs, CW, SH, etc? What will be the best equipment piece to buy, and what tank will you put it on? How much will the pubbies rage about unicums getting more unfair benefits? Why is Luna best princess?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rammer or vents for duh DPM. Everything else is just bait for dumb pubbies and their high tier td's or some autist that complains his 140 bloom is too high. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, flare_phoenix said:

Downvoted for the Luna comment :doge:

Big if true

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ranked beta doesn't start for a week after the patch, if the eu video is anything to go by. 

 

Ranked will be a meme. Good or bad is yet to be seen. I want to see it succeed, as having a new way to epeen is :kreygasm:

 

New equipment is cool, won't be a big deal in pubs, I imagine most decent clans will add it to the requirements tho. Sub 5s 907 reload will be new CW meta. 

 

All in all, am excite but sceptical, this patch could go the way of Rubicon. People sort of forgot about 9.19 because of the speed of the new patch and of course wgl. So I wouldn't be suprised if it gets scrapped before leaving beta 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Rspctd said:

Rammer or vents for duh DPM. Everything else is just bait for dumb pubbies and their high tier td's or some autist that complains his 140 bloom is too high. 

You know, I sort of did always feel that my 140 doesn't make enough dank snaps.  Maybe I can finally learn to enjoy it after this patch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, _Juris said:

You know, I sort of did always feel that my 140 doesn't make enough dank snaps.  Maybe I can finally learn to enjoy it after this patch.

Just play 907 comrade :superserb:

Quote

 Why is Luna best princess?

XHBa71T.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not entirely clear on how the whole system works, but from what I can see it looks like I need to spam lots of battles in another game mode just to stay competitive in any other mode. If I happen to not like the mode, well, I'm screwed. It'll be a lot of fun playing against someone with upgraded optics, vents, and 10% bonus vehicle camo when I just have standard equipment because I didn't grind the other mode enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Bat will get 31,3 reload, 1,86 aim time and 10% better gun handling (around 0,11 without calculating the crew since i don't know how it effects it) (why  tank gg  does not show the boost applied by the crew on moving dispersion?)....

Oh and i did not count the directives for crews so that should help it quite a bit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These will be bad for the game in the long-term.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Fulcrous said:

These will be bad for the game in the long-term.

I agree. It will be bad for the game and eventually WG will limit the use of the equipment in some way. The one thing that gives me hope is that the cost of the equipment appears high enough to prevent it from becoming common. 

In the near term, however, tier 8 and 9 will find better MM in pub matches.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can definitely see the appeal of ranked battles. But it would be nice if WG focused on fixing existing map and tank balance issues for a while instead of adding what is just another gimmick to the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like it. The new equipment fixes a lot of problems with current tanks that I have which'll probably boost them up to competitiveness even more than the notorious sub5s 907 will relative to its brokenness already

IVStab+Vstab booster on STB means actual gun handling, the DPM stays the same but you actually have a 10 deg gun with already insane DPM that now can hit shots

IVents+Vent boosters on Leo1 is a stack to get the most out of it, stacking rammer or Vstab isn't enough to help it start snapping or doing cleanup more efficiently, but being able to literally hit every single shot you fire since vents boost final accuracy is the biggest plus for me here (crew+ and normal boosts to everything as well, but final acc is the main thing for me on it since you shouldn't be in a positioning where you have to snap in it anyway), with those you hit a nice VR as well so optics won't be needed. I might just go back on what I said on this one after trying it a bit more, but the gun felt pretty damn solid doing this. 

IVstab +Rammer boost on E 50M, i fiddled a bit with settings on this one, the DPM is important on this one but OTM acc is as well. This is what I felt worked the best, it simply ups the reliable damage output. 

M48 with IRammer and a vent booster makes it just a little bit more reliable to me, performed better on avg than ram/ram, and vert will be a wasted slot since bloom is so low to begin with

Ru meds can just run whatever they want by preference, and the shittier mediums can actually start hitting their shots which is a pretty big thing. 

Autoloaders get a bit more balanced by this, since their reload can't be upped as much the relative damage output of clips vs single shooters swins back just a little more to the single shooters which was needed, but autoloaders can simply run vert stacks now and you have an M50B Patton, and the BC goes from its sort of unreliable gun to being able to hit stuff on the move. 

 

 

I can't really say what it means for the game, but I don't think it's an issue. I want reliability to be a thing in the game to circumvent the stupid, stupid sigma and RNG in the game so better guns for everyone is actually better for good gameplay than worse. It starts to make actual skill matter as well which is a thing that the game has allowed the playerbase to completely ignore and punish for so long. Now the average XVM whoring 47% arty shitlord got the short end of the stick so ofcourse they'll cry about it - doesn't mean it's an actual problem though. This is the first and only reward since the game went live for actually being good at the game in a mode that isn't premade. How is that possibly a bad thing? The only thing I'm a little worried about is the fact that rewards from one mode carry over to another, accessible only in a mode where gametime, and not skill, actually matters. A player who hasn't gotten to tier 10 yet will always be at a disadvantage in anything he plays from the point he starts to his first season ending which isn't exactly fair. 

 

But I'd rather have it that way than let the cancer community of inbred artillerists get their way and just ruin any chance of having any form of competitiveness in the game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

mfw its just easier to manually buff tanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While I agree that these new eq. modules are good in that they make your tanks more reliable and reduce the effects of RNG. I think they should have just added these bonuses to the standard equipment, or just made more expensive versions( e.g 500k creds for standard rammer, and 750k for improved, or something like that) instead of just allowing the already good players to improve their tanks even further

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the worst part is that you will have to grind ranked to remain competitive in pubs.

Making players grind strongholds for cw worked, da?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Kolni said:

I can't really say what it means for the game, but I don't think it's an issue. I want reliability to be a thing in the game to circumvent the stupid, stupid sigma and RNG in the game so better guns for everyone is actually better for good gameplay than worse.

I'm all for reducing the RNG involved in the game, but doing it by requiring you to spend tons of time playing a game mode that you may or may not enjoy is a dumb way to do it. Improve it for everyone or limit the benefits to non-pub battles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ima go for Rammer/VentslVstab and shove them all on my STB and its gonna be glorious RU med reload with RU med gun handling and its gonna be glorious and I cant wait

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone else getting the feeling they're throwing all of the ideas for WoT 2 out there to test on this game?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Kolni It explicitly says it won't work that way, though - you can either have the "regular" or the "improved" version of equipment, but not both, so you can't stack VStab+Improved VStab.

I think this is a terrible idea for the long-term health of the game.  It is already grindy enough, without making people fight against tanks that have significantly better equipment than they can even get access to.  Think about if you've just ground out your first tier 10 (an Obj. 140) and put VStab, Rammer, and Optics on it, and think about exactly how much advantage the veteran player who equips IVstab, IRammer, and IOptics along with food will have (assuming you can mount more than one piece of improved equipment per tank).  It's going to be quite significant.  Will it be auto-win?  No, it won't be, but it'll be significantly unbalanced, and that's even before considering the effects of the directives.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

#IS7WithCamoAndBinoNewMetaRogerRoger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't see it as game breaking. A 12.5% rammer is only what, 0.14s faster reload on an obj 907, you'll hardly even notice it. Sure it's a nice bonus; but it certainly isn't as game breaking some ppl make it out to be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How many dickheads will load up the Improved Equipment for seal clubbing toons?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kolni said:

I like it. The new equipment fixes a lot of problems with current tanks that I have which'll probably boost them up to competitiveness even more than the notorious sub5s 907 will relative to its brokenness already

IVStab+Vstab booster on STB means actual gun handling, the DPM stays the same but you actually have a 10 deg gun with already insane DPM that now can hit shots

IVents+Vent boosters on Leo1 is a stack to get the most out of it, stacking rammer or Vstab isn't enough to help it start snapping or doing cleanup more efficiently, but being able to literally hit every single shot you fire since vents boost final accuracy is the biggest plus for me here (crew+ and normal boosts to everything as well, but final acc is the main thing for me on it since you shouldn't be in a positioning where you have to snap in it anyway), with those you hit a nice VR as well so optics won't be needed. I might just go back on what I said on this one after trying it a bit more, but the gun felt pretty damn solid doing this. 

IVstab +Rammer boost on E 50M, i fiddled a bit with settings on this one, the DPM is important on this one but OTM acc is as well. This is what I felt worked the best, it simply ups the reliable damage output. 

M48 with IRammer and a vent booster makes it just a little bit more reliable to me, performed better on avg than ram/ram, and vert will be a wasted slot since bloom is so low to begin with

Ru meds can just run whatever they want by preference, and the shittier mediums can actually start hitting their shots which is a pretty big thing. 

Autoloaders get a bit more balanced by this, since their reload can't be upped as much the relative damage output of clips vs single shooters swins back just a little more to the single shooters which was needed, but autoloaders can simply run vert stacks now and you have an M50B Patton, and the BC goes from its sort of unreliable gun to being able to hit stuff on the move. 

 

 

I can't really say what it means for the game, but I don't think it's an issue. I want reliability to be a thing in the game to circumvent the stupid, stupid sigma and RNG in the game so better guns for everyone is actually better for good gameplay than worse. It starts to make actual skill matter as well which is a thing that the game has allowed the playerbase to completely ignore and punish for so long. Now the average XVM whoring 47% arty shitlord got the short end of the stick so ofcourse they'll cry about it - doesn't mean it's an actual problem though. This is the first and only reward since the game went live for actually being good at the game in a mode that isn't premade. How is that possibly a bad thing? The only thing I'm a little worried about is the fact that rewards from one mode carry over to another, accessible only in a mode where gametime, and not skill, actually matters. A player who hasn't gotten to tier 10 yet will always be at a disadvantage in anything he plays from the point he starts to his first season ending which isn't exactly fair. 

 

But I'd rather have it that way than let the cancer community of inbred artillerists get their way and just ruin any chance of having any form of competitiveness in the game. 

On the Armored Patrol it explicitly says you can't stack two of the same mod ... ie  IVents+Vent boosters, IVStab+Vstab booster,ect ...

https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2017/05/29/update-9-19-improved-equipment-and-directives/#more-49979

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, xWulffx said:

On the Armored Patrol it explicitly says you can't stack two of the same mod ... ie  IVents+Vent boosters, IVStab+Vstab booster,ect ...

https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2017/05/29/update-9-19-improved-equipment-and-directives/#more-49979

 

2 hours ago, _Juris said:

@Kolni It explicitly says it won't work that way, though - you can either have the "regular" or the "improved" version of equipment, but not both, so you can't stack VStab+Improved VStab.

I think this is a terrible idea for the long-term health of the game.  It is already grindy enough, without making people fight against tanks that have significantly better equipment than they can even get access to.  Think about if you've just ground out your first tier 10 (an Obj. 140) and put VStab, Rammer, and Optics on it, and think about exactly how much advantage the veteran player who equips IVstab, IRammer, and IOptics along with food will have (assuming you can mount more than one piece of improved equipment per tank).  It's going to be quite significant.  Will it be auto-win?  No, it won't be, but it'll be significantly unbalanced, and that's even before considering the effects of the directives.

IVstab - Improved Vstab 

Vstab booster - the consumable

 

 

:facepalm: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.