Luna

Ranked Battles Discussion

293 posts in this topic

Obviously the better you play the more you win. Eventually. The problem is over a season you don't play that many battles, luck can be a factor. 

So either play hard carry tanks or don't even bother.

I didn't like the previous iteration but at least you had a chance to progress even when MM was repeatedly trying to fuck you. Now the best you can hope for is to not lose progress. Can you imagine playing for a few hours and not achieving anything except from some crew XP and a massive credit loss? Because it can and will happen even to the best players out there.

2 artillery pieces is still excessive. 

I have a feeling a lot of people will skip this one.

In eu around ~600 people are ranked league 1 to 3 on saturday night. that number might climb to 700 by sunday night... Remember that with this system every week less and less people get into league 1 to 3. I can't wait to be the last day and see sub 200 peoples getting in any league. :bigdoge:

Used to be a net gain of 3 points every game, now its neutral, that is a huge difference in points since to gain points you essentially need people at the very bottom keep losing it or people at R5 or above lose it.

Is it just me or does this mode simply not inspire one to play it? I guess it's better in some ways but really not in any way that creates a solid incentive to actually want to participate in it. The larger than normal credit sink is still there and the rewards are just meh to justify the time, effort and credits.

WG has fixed what was a bit wrong, which was that bad players used to be able to get into league 1 just by spamming battles. Now they can't. But the mode sucks and is even less fun. (<= don't know how they managed to make it even less interesting than last season).

Also bonds is available in T10 battles and ranking into league 1 is basically a jobs so less people want to play it.

They need to SERIOUSLY rewamp the whole system or just scratch it up has a big fail, if they don't change anything for a futur season than less and less people will play it and it will just die off on his own. 

They just need to exclude arty and Type5 from this mode, and all will be fine... 

I like the zero sum game. Only those actually playing for win can advance. But yes, as someone mentioned, rewards are not attractive enough, and credit sink is real. I'm not playing this time around at all, since I would rather grind my Conqueror. 

On 9/23/2017 at 6:04 PM, 3MAJ86 said:

They just need to exclude arty and Type5 from this mode, and all will be fine... 

I like the zero sum game. Only those actually playing for win can advance. But yes, as someone mentioned, rewards are not attractive enough, and credit sink is real. I'm not playing this time around at all, since I would rather grind my Conqueror. 

Yeah Randoms already take up a lot of time and effort and rewards for it are much much greater, those being mainly going up tiers and unlocking better and better vehicles (for the most part). The credit sink is already there as well the higher you go but not as bad as Ranked Battles. So really, playing ranked is just about like playing randoms but with considerably more downsides and not nearly enough upsides. Right now Ranked actually feels worse than what Rampage was. WG needs to seriously ramp up the rewards/incentives for average players at the very least because that will pretty much determine whether this mode lives or dies. If it's being played mainly by the unicums, then unfortunately it will have a pretty short lifespan. Whether any of of us want to really believe it or not, the game is steered in the direction by what an average player does or wants or needs.

The ongoing onslaught of the second Beta Season is entering the final stretch with just one stage left to improve your standing. To lift your spirits during the final week, we have lowered the entry barrier to the Season Leaders list. You no longer need to amass 12 Ranked Points to get on it. All it takes now is 6 of them accumulated throughout the season.

sooo they realized that nobody is playing this mode, so they halved the number of points required to stay in the game.

3 hours ago, 3MAJ86 said:

sooo they realized that nobody is playing this mode, so they halved the number of points required to stay in the game.

That is a sign of a well planed development, you only need to change something incrementally in small steps.

:jebaited:

I no longer feel bad for missing out on the S2 Gold badge since now it will be just as widespread as the first one.

Nice. :gaytroll:

This was probably the only way to go tbh. 

They completely fuck up the changes they applied to rank between Season 1 and 2. The neutral gain of chevron was a wrong idea from the get go. Just looking at the new rule I could see it was going to be more grind and harder (when it was one of the worst part of season 1).  Their limit to get into rank is the worst idea ever created.. Their “top 10%” is utter bullock since it’s just 10% of a small group they should just include everyone who played a game and instead of doing “top 10%” you do top 5% of the correct amount.

One of the good thing about ranked in wows is that you are not competing against your own team. In WOT you are because you are trying to be in the top 10 on a win or top 5 on a loss each and every game. And once you are done with the game you are competing to be in a top % when wows you a competing to have a fixed amount of level with chevron each time.

The goal is set from the beginning, you know how much rank you need and how much chevron you need. You are not competing to reach an unknown amount of level (which is what WOT is right now).

Holy fucking shit ranked battles are cancer!
So many camping retards, just lost rank due to my team deciding to camp base on Arctic Region, fuck this shit.

So currently on 10 points 48% E, league I. Could drop another 400 places and still be... Safe to say it's kinda a joke now to get there. I barely played and yolo'ed around mostly in my T100-LT (had an awesome 11.5k spotting game)

40 minutes ago, Epic said:

So currently on 10 points 48% E, league I. Could drop another 400 places and still be... Safe to say it's kinda a joke now to get there. I barely played and yolo'ed around mostly in my T100-LT (had an awesome 11.5k spotting game)

I am at 356 position with 12 points by not playing much. I just wanted to get the rank rewards up to rank 4 each week, but I guess I take the free League I reward.

2 hours ago, Epic said:

Honestly I know it's frowned upon and I'm the last that would say this but this season has been all luck of the draw for me. I was 2 wins away from rank 4 and had a 10 game losing streak... I was top 3 in 5 of them. Now I need 7 chevrons again... So frustrating beyond words. And I gave up at rank 3 last week. So I'm at 10 points now. Without another 1 it's gonna be close as hell if I'm in or not. Last season I was ~500 place. 

15 hours ago, kariverson said:

Honestly I know it's frowned upon and I'm the last that would say this but this season has been all luck of the draw for me. I was 2 wins away from rank 4 and had a 10 game losing streak... I was top 3 in 5 of them. Now I need 7 chevrons again... So frustrating beyond words. And I gave up at rank 3 last week. So I'm at 10 points now. Without another 1 it's gonna be close as hell if I'm in or not. Last season I was ~500 place. 

If you were top500 last season, and now barely can make it to r4... that just means you were not that good to begin with. From watching streams that run XVM, the higher ranks are populated with much better people than before. Being consistently good is much more rewarded now as the games get harder, and getting r5 requires dedication and true skill this time. Not just failing from the red line.

7 minutes ago, Epic said:

Not just failing from the red line.

Quite the opposite. It's this time around that requires much more failing from the red line so you don't lose chevrons and you grind your way up. This season strands you with yellows and greens for quite a while and you most of the times find yourself with no support whatsoever if you play to win and get key areas and flank etc.

Last season from rank 3-4 I played with almost full blue/purple teams. Every time I went for the win I had help. 

There's still the exact same amount of red line failing, The difference is people do it to avoid losing a chevron rather than getting one. 

Also, losing streaks in this shitty game mode are unavoidable. The difference is in S2 they're far, far more annoying than they were in S1.