Luna

Ranked Battles Discussion

309 posts in this topic

I agree it will go the way of the rubicon because the reds will cause an uproar ('cause they won't be earning enough bonds), so A) they will sell bonds, something that after rubicon and now the foch thingy don't see having much succes, B) they will eventually remove them, remember this is only a "beta".

I'm looking forward to it and don't get the overall fuss being made.

The rewards are nice, a little extra on your favourite tank, fed up with RNG screwing over your STB-1 than get the improved v-stab and improved vents to tame it down.  Nothing particularly game breaking as I predict even the best players will struggle to get enough bonds for more than two tanks worth of equipment and then the impact of it over normal equipment is small.

I think they've made the rewards worthwhile yet at the same time not game breaking. 

As for the mode it will be basically tier 10 random battles but with chevrons, they are not asking you to do anything exceptional here, like go cap changing flags or have re-spawns etc. Most tier 10 games at the moment are all tier 10 anyway so it's no real difference in gameplay experience. 

I just hope they get the rewards for individual performance right, cos at the moment it looks like doing well in a shit team can cost you whilst top 12 in a win can get you a chevron even if you didn't do much for that win. I also hope that the tank balanced isn't fcked so we end up with 9 super heavies on one team on Ensk against meds. 

I also like the fact it's fundamentally rewarding being good, though I have no doubt the no lifers who play 50 games a day will be able to earn just as many bonds if not more than the better players without actually being good. 

Plus it's something extra to work towards, I have completed PMs and don't have many grinds at the moment so it's a good thing to work for. 

How much does the equip cost and how many bonds can you get hope to get per season?

I just looked at what a Kranvagn would become with a full kit of improved equipment, BIA, food . . . :disco:

I think turning a meh tank into a rockstar (still with a shitty gold round) might be a lot of fun.

As i said in other topic, if every blue+ can run upgrade stuff on half hes tanks, this game is for me dead, getting out-dpmed by some cw-try hard who likes suffering a few hunderd games in a fuckbad gamemode = ``GG`` for me, and since low tiers are also awefull, there is also no way to escape this shit, i should really fucking sell me account...

Because believe me, ranked battles is gunna be FUCKING AWEFULL

15 unicum vs 15 unicum, without TS? caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamp

i played cw and tank company with 15 unicums and no TS, and its just camp and so will this shit mode be (red line chai sniping is also camping)

ps: unless WG just pulls this shit, WG does have a ``good`` trackrecord when it comes to snihy new game modes (historical game mode, that T22 disaster, rubicon)

7 hours ago, Sapros said:

How much does the equip cost and how many bonds can you get hope to get per season?

From the screen shot it looks like the equipment is 5000 bonds.  You get 100 bonds per rank: e.g. if you end the month long season at rank 5, you get 500.  In addition to bonds from your rank, the top 10% of players get 5750, second 15% get 3,200 and third 25% will get 1,000. 

https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/general-news/update-919-improved-equipment-and-directives/

Assuming persistence, the average player should grind out a piece of equipment in 6 months to a year. The top players would be able to get one piece of equipment every 1-2 months. 

P.S. WG is billing this as a beta so I assume that there will the cost will be adjusted downwards or availability in the store at some point. 

6 hours ago, Hellsfog said:

From the screen shot it looks like the equipment is 5000 bonds.  You get 100 bonds per rank: e.g. if you end the month long season at rank 5, you get 500.  In addition to bonds from your rank, the top 10% of players get 5750, second 15% get 3,200 and third 25% will get 1,000. 

https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/general-news/update-919-improved-equipment-and-directives/

Assuming persistence, the average player should grind out a piece of equipment in 6 months to a year. The top players would be able to get one piece of equipment every 1-2 months. 

Seems you get a bit more than that. 

To put it into perspective, Bonds are rewarded at the end of each stage, with the amount you earn tied directly to the rank you’re at, as well as by the end of the Season, with the amount depending on your final standing in the leaderboard. If you finish a stage at, let’s say, Rank IV, you gain 400 Bonds. Rank III brings in 300, Rank II gives you 200, Rank V earns you 500, and finally, if you don’t make it past Rank I, you get100 Bonds. If you rank among the first 10% players on the leaderboard, you get 5,750 Bonds. Tankers who arrive among the 2nd 15%, will be credited 3,250 Bonds. Those who squeeze into the 3rd 25% earn 1,500 Bonds.

You get 500 for rank 5 at the end of the stage (7 days), not for the entire season which has 4 stages. This quote also sounds as if you might also be getting the 5750 at the end of stages rather than seasons, though that's probably not the case.

How do you climb the leaderboard though? Does getting to rank 5 require that many chevrons, so it's safe to assume not many people will reach it weekly?

Rank 5 is the second 'safe' rank. Rank 1 being the fist one.  You need three wins to get from one rank to another. If you lose and aren't in the top 3, you lose a chevron and possibly a rank.  So if you were at rank 4.2 and lost 4 in a row, you'd be at rank 3.1.  

Even if it is in stages, at 2000 bonds per season, it is still going to take a while for a average to below average to acquire the equipment when compared to very good players. 

Let's talk about the gameplay ? What will you guy's play ? I think i am going to go with heavy's to start. It's good at winning and it's harder to get caught of guard and have a bad game. Maybe later down the rank i'll swith to medium. 

Feels like we won't see many TD and lights. IF there i see like ZERO light in game maybe i will switch to one because you can do a lot when there isn't many light in a game. 

42 minutes ago, DHP said:

Let's talk about the gameplay ? What will you guy's play ? I think i am going to go with heavy's to start. It's good at winning and it's harder to get caught of guard and have a bad game. Maybe later down the rank i'll swith to medium. 

Il probably go T57 because it just smashes things hard or maybe 907 because it is literally flawless

As long as purple gear can't be used in randoms I'm fine with it. I think this makes it work for all levels of players. 

10 hours ago, Hellsfog said:

Rank 5 is the second 'safe' rank. Rank 1 being the fist one.  You need three wins to get from one rank to another. If you lose and aren't in the top 3, you lose a chevron and possibly a rank.  So if you were at rank 4.2 and lost 4 in a row, you'd be at rank 3.1.  

Even if it is in stages, at 2000 bonds per season, it is still going to take a while for a average to below average to acquire the equipment when compared to very good players. 

You need probably more wins to advance at higher ranks. Just like WoWS and Heartstone for example, first easy ranks are like 3 wins each but highest rank can need like 6 chevrons to advance.

6 hours ago, DHP said:

Feels like we won't see many TD and lights. IF there i see like ZERO light in game maybe i will switch to one because you can do a lot when there isn't many light in a game. 

Will probably start with mediums but after getting bit higher ranks, planning to try scouts. Like someone said, 15vs15 unicums/good player can be really bad campfests and adding myself as medium or heavy tank there wont do much. Peoples do not seem to understand that when pitted against players of your own level, decent game is one where do about as much damage as your own hitpoints...

So something to break stalemates, even arty... oh horror. Depends maps too. Though as t10 lights seem underpowered, maybe batchat is just better scout despite not having movement camo.

Max bonds you seem to be able to get in one season is 7750, all the decent equipment (v-stab, rammer, vents, optics) is 5k bonds so it will take the best players 2 seasons to get enough equipment for one tank. 

You'll need to hit rank 5 4 times and finish in the top 25% to get over 5k bonds, which is not that hard for any half decent active player. 

Also it's been confirmed that ranked is where they are first introducing bonds, but it'll be available in other in game means, such as missions. I'd expect the next set of PMs to reward bonds and/or improved equipment. 

As for the actual battles I don't see much issue with them, they will be 15 v 15 standard random battles with all tier 10 and you have +1/-1 ranks in a battle so even as a rank 5 you'll face rank 3 people in the enemy team and rank 3 doesn't look like many wins, when all you need to do to earn chevrons is finish in the top 12 of the winning team, you can basically be carried in 3 games and progress up a rank so I expect loads of crap players will fluke their way to rank 5 eventually. 

I seriously don't expect 15 v 15 unciums, more like 15 v 15 greens with a sprinkling of blues and unicums in the higher ranked battles.. 

Tanks wise I am going to go heaviums I reckon, or Russian meds but will see what the meta is like. Basically something with some survivability, enough mobility and a solid gun. 

I have not played ranked in ships but from what I understand all it takes to rank up in ships in persistence. If you have the battles eventually you will get there. Maybe someone with experience with ranked ships can chime in here. 

T57/50B with a little Kranvagn thrown in for variety.

I think autoloaders will do well, heavies in particular. A couple of clips worth of damage and you're almost guaranteed a chevron.

I'm thinking that solid generalists like the E5 and E50M that are good on any map vs any comp with a good performing gun might be better.  Enough mobility to flex, enough armor to hold a position, and a reliable gun that hits shots.  Spotting for yourself will be important too - make vision great again.

907 lyfe, retarded Armour, ru med dpm/handling and decent vr. 

You'll want to play tanks that can perform on literally any map. A maus will get screwed on prok/Mali. Batchat will get fucked on kharkov/pilsen etc etc. Remember, no platoons, you really need to think about what tanks you have that can do well no matter the match up and just spam it to rank 5.

I expect to see less and less td's/arta as you move up ranks. Random shitters will still play them, but any half decent player will eventually realise that to progress faster/further, you can't play vehicles that rely on maps/teams. And as far as I can tell, there's no reason to play shit tanks in ranked, ie, you can put the equipment on a tank that has never seen a ranked battle