Luna

Ranked Battles Discussion

276 posts in this topic

But guys i don't get it. At least for people here it should be easy to reach rank 5. Only by reaching a rank 5 each week it's 20 points. Most likely those 20 points would be enough to get you to top 10%, maybe a point or two above. 

I mean, if you though that, by playing 2 hours a week you can reach top 10%, than I don't know... i think that you should lower your expectations a bit. Of course they will design some grind within it, they need to monetize the mode after all. But it's not as harsh as you make it out to be.

20 points will get you in the rankings. It will get you nowhere near the top 10% what this mode is all about.

Ok we will see, i might be wrong. I have 18 points at the moment, and i will not be playing anymore until the end of the season, since I'm going on vacation. That is why i deliberately tryharded this week (+today) in order to reach 16+ points. At the moment I think i'm ranked 54th on EU (or something similar, I know i'm on 2nd page of rankings). I am quite certain it will keep me within top 10% in 2nd week as well. We will see later on. 

Too bad i won't be able to check the development. 

10 minutes ago, 3MAJ86 said:

But guys i don't get it. At least for people here it should be easy to reach rank 5. Only by reaching a rank 5 each week it's 20 points. Most likely those 20 points would be enough to get you to top 10%, maybe a point or two above. 

I mean, if you though that, by playing 2 hours a week you can reach top 10%, than I don't know... i think that you should lower your expectations a bit. Of course they will design some grind within it, they need to monetize the mode after all. But it's not as harsh as you make it out to be.

Try doing it with less than 100k credits and a standard account. Had to stop before reaching rank 2.

21 minutes ago, Vesirott said:

20 points will get you in the rankings. It will get you nowhere near the top 10% what this mode is all about.

Will it even get you in the rankings? Because if 20 points in 4 weeks gets you in then 5 points in one week should get you in too and I with 6 points the first week from upper middle 10% dropped a thousand places below rank 3!

9 minutes ago, nabucodonsor said:

Try doing it with less than 100k credits and a standard account. Had to stop before reaching rank 2.

With prem account I went in 750k today... STB1 is so damn expensive. Obj907 not as much. 

lel 18 points... Every one and their mother that is semi-serious about getting improved equipment will have more than 20 points at the end of the season. And that will maybe get them into third league.

Also it is not that I didnt want to make an effort... the game mode just blows. its horrible. it promotes terrible plays. its boring as fuck. its a worse credit sink than selling T10s... and the time you need to invest for barely 8k bonds a month... that is not even 2 pieces of equipment, what a joke.

Started watching daki when stage two was 3h underway and he was r5, pretty damn impressive... and the other r5 he meets are useless red line sniping 907s that failed their way up to r5. As long as you can earn chev's on a loss, this game mode is nothing but a joke. Right now every game there is a net gain of +3 chev, allowing green shitters to fail their way to r5 on the first day.

I tried ranked battles for 7 matches today... lost all 7 lol. Earned chevs 6 times in those 7 losses... so there's that.

PS: printing credits by driving E4.

The dumbest thing about WarGaming's "Ranked" battles is that you could technically be #1 across all servers with a 0% win rate.

getting xvm sniped by arty in ranked is real fucking fun

1 hour ago, Luna said:

getting xvm sniped by arty in ranked is real fucking fun

people wonder why I tk'd certain arty in ranked :feelsgoodman:

Wait.. you can get xvm sniped in ranked as well? Welp.. maybe that would explain why those arties insist on splashing me behind a rock for 5 mins straight.....

Today to be in top 10% you need 10 points. In 8 days of game those people have got 10points.. You could be looking at 35-40points to be in the last 10% in weeks 4. That's... A lot of fucking game and a lot of fucking chevron... 

And also XVM is clearly fucking back.. I've seen it last night when i had 2 stars and no unicum where in my games.. People avoiding two shots tanks, just to shoot me. 

Done with the game mode I think. Was in gold league till I went to wedding on sat morning. Got bumped down to silver as I had stopped playing. Its the same shit over and over. Think I'll just stop playing it tbh.

Just doing climb once a week could be worth for weekly rewards,  both weeks have gotten to rank 4 in about 3 hours, after that getting up from there is harder and more time consuming. But farming those first ranks is fast at least in EU with bigger population.

And yes, last night saw couple bad redline snipers in medium tanks who clearly ranked by camping behind sniping and did seem to be doing well by this tactic. Expecting to see this behaviour spread, even to normal random battles.

Equal on xp gets you the chevron in case anyone wondered ! 

Game was a tied so only 6 players in the battles should get the chevron. instead it was 7 for this game :)

http://imgur.com/6NgffLE

This mode really needs either a big boost to credits so the mandatory "feeling" gold ammo and prem consumables don't cause you to lose 500k credits a night or otherwise only no lifers who can prem tank grind and play ranked and whales buying fort knox packages each week will be able to remain competitive.

I'm giving up. I will do the minimum to get rank 4 or 5 each weeks and that is it... This mode ask way too much time for one. And second this gamemode emphasize everything that is wrong with this game to a point that is just fucking unbareable to me. 

Unbalanced MM with a lineup that just completely favors one side on specific maps, unbalanced map side... Why the fuck is erlenberg out of this gamemode but highway is in ??

You need to completely gold spam your way throught in with this heavy tank meta...

Fucking bazillion of arty.. like seriously there are more arty than in freaking random..

Meta is so fuck up with these gold spamming redline monkeys.. 

XVM.... How is this still in the game ? 

TL:DR : good luck to you all. I won't be in top 10% i believe. 

Confirmed credit sink, headache inducing game.mode. seems worse this time around, people literally sitting in base, camping, hoping to be alive when the rest of our team dies so they can farm damage and gain a chevron. Won't be playing again. 0/10 wargaming. 

I just realised that if indeed 35 points are needed to get in the top 10% then you are effectively looking at 270 to 320 battles of game in one month. @7mins/game you are looking at 31 to 37hours of actual gameplay. Putting into perspective you need to be everyday active for 30% of the time during primetime. I don't remember having to put this much effort into a campaign CW giving me a tier 10 reward tank when this won't even give me 2 pieces of equipements. 

This feels like a campaign but so much worse.  At least during a campaign you are in comms with your friends and only playing 3-5 games a night.  Plus there is at least a break between stages.  This shit is like a job - a job that costs you to play and gives you constant negative feedback.  

Basically, I'm shooting for rank 3-4 in each stage and then I play tier 8s during ranked.  1200-1600 bonds per season will keep me supplied with directives until the next season.  I can knock that out in a couple of days per stage.  I'm not going to work harder than some kid sewing shoes in Sri Lanka just to buy a fucking improved ventilation system.

Tier 8 is like a magical wonderland during ranked time slot, you actually get to bully some tier 6s and earn some $$$.

Fuck ranked battles. Fuck wargaming. Fuck SerB. Fuck Belarus. Fuck Russians. Fuck pubbies. Fuck your mother.

I did the minimum this week and got rank 5. But as long as WG cuts the players that didn't every week from the leaderboards ranked battles will never be successful since only a handful of players will be in the rewards. If they fix that and just simply doesn't eliminate these players from the ranking that would be the most fair 10% instead of 0.01%

1 hour ago, canadiantrex said:

Fuck ranked battles. Fuck wargaming. Fuck SerB. Fuck Belarus. Fuck Russians. Fuck pubbies. Fuck your mother.

So is that a yes or a no?

I also quit, pointless grind, good luck to survivors, post your stories  end of June.

I played a little last night for the first time since the first day or two. The increased level of camp is noticeable. Camp games become so boring that I just don't enjoy it. I'd rather die trying to make a play than sit the whole game and try to eek out a chevron. Thus the reason I will never go far in ranked mode.

My plan is to just hit rank three or four to get a handful of bonds each week. I can do that in an hour or two of not-very-serious play. It'll be slow to get any improved equipment but I've accepted that I won't be getting much of it anyways (unless WG gets their head out of their ass and introduces better ways to earn bonds).