Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TAdoo87

wet ammo rack/modul damage, what am I missing?

10 posts in this topic

Can someone explain this?

USOZ6kf.jpg

I have Wet Ammo Rack. That means 360 ammo rack hp,yellow ammo rack 160 hp. (according to tanks.gg)

If I understand correctly I can take 200 module damage before it turns yellow. Emil I can cause 150 module damage. With the +25% RNG that is only 188.

It should not turn into yellow, at least that was my understanding.

PS: This  was the beginning of the battle and I didn't bump into anyone.

if yellow threshold is 50% a highroll would suffice

consider yourself lucky then that he didn't detonate your ammo-rack

It confuses the shit out of me, too

Why do you even use war?

113 will always take ammorack damage if shot in the lfp, side, turret side, turret rear..

Also, I had tier 7 lights damaging my ammorack (and their guns shouldn't really do much module damage)

2 hours ago, WhatTheSkara said:

Why do you even use war?

113 will always take ammorack damage if shot in the lfp, side, turret side, turret rear..

Also, I had tier 7 lights damaging my ammorack (and their guns shouldn't really do much module damage)

Ayyy it's that guy I originally met on the NA :3

8 hours ago, Fulvin said:

if yellow threshold is 50% a highroll would suffice

Yeah, but the thing is they changed the mechanic many patches ago, so it is not 50% anymore. They did this to be able to fuck the tanks with hidden stats even more. Even if the 50% threshold would be the rule the wet ammo rack should only increase the max(healthy) hp of the ammo rack, so this isn't the case either.

3 hours ago, WhatTheSkara said:

Why do you even use war?

With WAR you should be able to take 200 module damage before the rack is damaged, instead of 80.

Without WAR every single tank you meet can damage(make it yellow) your rack with 1 shoot, and they don't even have to highroll. Even a fucking 13 57 has 76 module damage per shoot. BTW before the 9.18 every other tier 7 light could damage you rack too.

With WAR only the 150mm+ guns can do that with an avg. roll, aka tier 10 TDs minus the Strv and the E100, and you really don't want to trade with those tanks anyway.

I played the Leo 1 with WAR a couple of patches ago and it made an enormous difference. 

Well you have reusable consumables now, so gimping a tank because it has a weak ammorack doesn't seem like a good idea..

1 hour ago, KruggWulf said:

Ayyy it's that guy I originally met on the NA :3

I'm on EU, u furry pleb:kappa:

13 hours ago, TAdoo87 said:

Can someone explain this?

I have Wet Ammo Rack. That means 360 ammo rack hp,yellow ammo rack 160 hp. (according to tanks.gg)

If I understand correctly I can take 200 module damage before it turns yellow. Emil I can cause 150 module damage. With the +25% RNG that is only 188.

It should not turn into yellow, at least that was my understanding.

The math agrees with the current consensus of the working of the mechanic... so it seems unexplainable...

Ammo rack damage very much just seems like witchcraft sometimes.  I find myself deliberately aiming at ammo racks if I get a fully aimed side shot - on certain tanks that should kaboom when penned by a 150mm+ TD gun I get no kaboom, then in the next game I get a kaboom in a full health tank with a 105mm gun.  I'm sure the math works out, but conceptually - the logic does not.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0