Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Psycodiver

Goodbye NC, hello Iowa

28 posts in this topic

I played both my Iowa and Missouri and they are more resilient. I could really take a pounding, but HE kept me on fire all of the match. This allowed me more freedom of movement and a much more player friendly play style. (I don't have Montana yet) The funny thing is all CA's should have the same setup, but don't. The Moskva should not even be in the game because it is 15 years out of period, but this is a Russian Game company, so they needed ships for local consumption. Moskva is more of a BC with smallish guns, than a CA.

The major thing about the US battleships is the area in question was all hoists and free space, so it isn't a citadel. The same could be said for Yamato and it may need similar treatment. Also, pre 6.6 the NC and Alabama were better at close range vs Yamato, than either the Iowa class or the Montana class. The restores the balance to the US BB's. This allows Montana and Iowa if they get close to Yamato to citadel her, but not vice versa. I think Yamato may need a little love. (scary I know) Also, Missouri has a slightly lower citadel than Iowa. (At least on my pc using the in game armor diagram. Or I am hallucinating) .

Now the same kind of changes are needed on CA's.

I think I'm going to sell the Iowa, I hate high tier play, the NC was managable because I didn't see high tier matches all the time but I just don't enjoy it. Not sure if I'm going to rebuy the NC, I might sit on this and mull it over but honestly I have no desire to play the Iowa anymore 

I'm liking the Iowa, have barely touched my NC lately. But when I get to the Montana, Iowa will get sold since I don't expect to play it instead of the Missouri.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0