Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TheMostComfortableTanker

WT tank thread general chatter

17 posts in this topic

I don't know when this subforum was added, but I just noticed it and it's empty so making the first thread for the purpose of being first.

General WT tanks related topics not deserving of their own thread goes here.  Battle results, general WT thoughts, etc

 

I don't know if anyone here even plays this still, I do on occassion.

JxivltH.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From what I've heard, war thunder is just as shitty as wot

What'dya think?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got to the Panther D and the first Tiger and quit. I just couldn't handle being shit xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Soon to get KV-2, cant wait to derp more

Been playing War Blunder bit more for a bit different russian tank game flavor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tryna get the M551 Sheridan for that ATGM memes, but the T92 is pretty painful with the stock APCR. I imagine it would get better with APDS and HEAT-FS?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

isn't this that shitty sim game that also tried to break WoT (and didn't)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, lordawesome7 said:

isn't this that shitty sim game that also tried to break WoT (and didn't)

tbqfh it's its own niche. It certainly tried to compete with WoT (it still kinda does) and has WoT bashers that refuse to accept that it's a different kind of game, but it kinda does its own thing.

1-shotting shit is nice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ZXrage said:

tbqfh it's its own niche. It certainly tried to compete with WoT (it still kinda does) and has WoT bashers that refuse to accept that it's a different kind of game, but it kinda does its own thing.

1-shotting shit is nice.

i know its different

 

i just hate the people that praise this game like its the coming of Christ perfect sim when its really not

 

i can respect the people who understand WT isn't that which is half and half from my experience compared to the WOT community in which we more or less unanimously agree WoT is a shit game (albeit varying degrees)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, lordawesome7 said:

i know its different

 

i just hate the people that praise this game like its the coming of Christ perfect sim when its really not

 

i can respect the people who understand WT isn't that which is half and half from my experience compared to the WOT community in which we more or less unanimously agree WoT is a shit game (albeit varying degrees)

It certainly isn't perfect. It has its own certain problems (BR is a lingering one from what I gather, and a fuck-ton more RNG than WoT), but WoT also has its problems (it has a shitload now) and I can enjoy both.

I really, really enjoy 1-shotting things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ZXrage said:

It certainly isn't perfect. It has its own certain problems (BR is a lingering one from what I gather, and a fuck-ton more RNG than WoT), but WoT also has its problems (it has a shitload now) and I can enjoy both.

I really, really enjoy 1-shotting things.

i would enjoy the 1 shotting thing if half my shots would at least do something compared to being ammoracked right through my driver by some autistic yolo medium

 

i certainly can't find fun and its annoying since i have a KV 1 i have to drag up my to tier 1's that basically can't do shit, thats really dumb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, ZXrage said:

Tryna get the M551 Sheridan for that ATGM memes, but the T92 is pretty painful with the stock APCR. I imagine it would get better with APDS and HEAT-FS?

I've not played it much since the tier 5 grind got unbearable for me, but it does certainly get better with APDS (don't have HEAT yet).  The walker bulldog gets the same APDS anyways, so you should already have an idea for how it feels.

4 hours ago, lordawesome7 said:

i would enjoy the 1 shotting thing if half my shots would at least do something compared to being ammoracked right through my driver by some autistic yolo medium

 

i certainly can't find fun and its annoying since i have a KV 1 i have to drag up my to tier 1's that basically can't do shit, thats really dumb

Don't put your KV-1 in the same lineup as your T-26 and BT-5.  Problem solved, it's that easy.  You wouldn't platoon a tier 3 with a tier 8 in WoT and complain it sucks for the tier 3, would you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, TheMostComfortableTanker said:

I've not played it much since the tier 5 grind got unbearable for me, but it does certainly get better with APDS (don't have HEAT yet).  The walker bulldog gets the same APDS anyways, so you should already have an idea for how it feels.

Don't put your KV-1 in the same lineup as your T-26 and BT-5.  Problem solved, it's that easy.  You wouldn't platoon a tier 3 with a tier 8 in WoT and complain it sucks for the tier 3, would you?

the fucking respawn system is stupid (or otherwise poorly explained)

 

kv 1 is MY ONLY tier 2, and since there are 3 respawns of DIFFERENT tanks, im FORCED to drag out my tier 1's after my tier 2 (kv1) goes out of commission

 

game is boring anyhow and the grinds are nightmares compared to WoT, so i didn't bother to go any further

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, lordawesome7 said:

the fucking respawn system is stupid (or otherwise poorly explained)

 

kv 1 is MY ONLY tier 2, and since there are 3 respawns of DIFFERENT tanks, im FORCED to drag out my tier 1's after my tier 2 (kv1) goes out of commission

 

game is boring anyhow and the grinds are nightmares compared to WoT, so i didn't bother to go any further

Tiers in WT really only matter when it comes to economy and all that.  BR is what determines what you will see, so whatever BR in your lineup is the highest is what decides the MM for you.

 

I'd argue the grinds aren't nightmares compared to WoT.  No stock turret with shitty armor to worry about, no stock guns that can't pen tanks of the same tier, no stock engine on your LT giving you 12hp/t, etc.  What you see instead is needing to research fucking repair kits and fire extinguishers.  Sometimes you'll get a gun with awful stock ammo (the aforementioned T92) or a gun that can't hit shit (low tier brits), which means more you need for the tank to be playable.  Don't get me wrong, they're both awful, but the difference between a stock and fully upgraded tank in WT is generally less severe.  High tier grind in WT is also very slow, but doesn't sound like you're that far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How's the overall balance and impact of p2w in WT these days? They were the main reason I never gave it a go, but now that WoT is where it is, WT GF might be worth another look.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Ezz said:

How's the overall balance and impact of p2w in WT these days? They were the main reason I never gave it a go, but now that WoT is where it is, WT GF might be worth another look.

I don't know if it's legit P2W since I barely play high tiers in the first place, but the T29 and especially IS-6 are apparently rather good for what they are.  With mid and low tiers, generally speaking, if a premium is OP, it's because gajiin is shit at balance and not intentional P2W.  I'm fairly happy with not really going above BR 6.0.  

Regardless, I'd say WoT is worse with all their Chryslers and Defenders and other such nonsense.  At least in WT, tier 4 (or tier 8 in WoT) is more tech tree tanks than premiums.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.