Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NightmareMk9

So yeah, WG keeps track of EVERYTHING you say in game

18 posts in this topic

Should come as no surprise.  I head people talk about them quoting PMs in the past.  I guess I thought the sheer amount of data could hide my bad actions ;)

Apparently I was reported for something (My In Game Rating is a solid "0"), so they went back and did a Keyword Search on my game chat (I guess).  I guarantee I used the work FUCK more than Tard this last week.

Dear NightmareMk9,

You are receiving this email because you were found to be engaging in offensive insults.

Specifically, you were observed violating the game rules from your chat logs below.

NightmareMk9 6/7/2017 22:39 tard
NightmareMk9 6/8/2017 3:13 looks like you boys have a MonataTard
NightmareMk9 6/8/2017 3:16 weve all been on the tard side :)
NightmareMk9 6/12/2017 5:14 CHIEF FUCKTARD

This is a violation of our rules and if it happens again your account will be sanctioned.

For more information on our rules violation policy, check out this article.

http://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/rules-violations-policy-updates/

Sincerely,

Wargaming Customer Support

Isnt this old news? Think it was mentioned at least a year ago already... maybe even as far back as FTR.

Dude if you're going to get a chat ban, do it with words that are actually offensive lmao

2 hours ago, Crossfader said:

In Soviet Russia, chat reads YOU

You rang?

I thought this is old topic, something like this was here before...

Anyways I would be surprised if they don't monitor everything. 

It's a real bizarre mystery how WG even keeps track of these kind of things and why some people get caught for the smallest insults and others can throw out a dictionary worth of verbal diarrhea match after match and never be banned or even warned. WG is so inconsistent it just bugles the mind.

So WG can keep track of everything going on in the in-game chat, but we can't get spotting damage in the damned API?

Seems legit.

1 hour ago, DirtyACE7 said:

It's a real bizarre mystery how WG even keeps track of these kind of things and why some people get caught for the smallest insults and others can throw out a dictionary worth of verbal diarrhea match after match and never be banned or even warned. WG is so inconsistent it just bugles the mind.

I am not sure on this, but I think WG digs into these thing only after stimulus - ticket, reports etc. That'd explain some people find themselves chatbanned/renamed etc so suddenly.

im well aware they keep all the chat logs. Dance told me she went through mine at one point, though I've never been chat banned so go me

Chatlogs are and have pretty much always been a thing since probably the alpha. It's kind of a standard thing to have in a text based game. Ya know, pretty much any program or game ever has logs for technical and in this case, social reasons. All they have to do is ctrl+f and find the time stamp that reflects when the screenshot or replay that the offender supposedly said such thing and confirm it based on their chat log file, and issue a ban. Oh, and not forgetting to copy and paste a generic response about how you won't know if they get banned :^)

Unless you get reported by a lot of people, wg would not do anything about it.

On 6/13/2017 at 5:50 PM, DirtyACE7 said:

A mind is a terrible thing to bugle.

1 hour ago, FlorbFnarb said:

A mind is a terrible thing to bugle.

Indeed it is as evident by how bugled my own mind is.

Stupid brain. It's boggled, damn you, boggled.

I've already gotten strike 5 of 5 so I'm guessing the next one is a permanent chat ban. WG really has a hard on for chat banning anyone that says the word "retard". Not that it's the only thing I've ever said, ha.

2 minutes ago, RollerCoaster47 said:

I've already gotten strike 5 of 5 so I'm guessing the next one is a permanent chat ban. WG really has a hard on for chat banning anyone that says the word "retard". Not that it's the only thing I've ever said, ha.

...Really?   "Retarded" is one of their things?

Christ.  They must not go off on this shit in WoWS.  I've absolutely ripped the hell out of people for parking a battleship in the back all match spectating.

On 14/06/2017 at 7:20 AM, DirtyACE7 said:

On 14/06/2017 at 8:41 AM, Marty said:

I am not sure on this, but I think WG digs into these thing only after stimulus - ticket, reports etc. That'd explain some people find themselves chatbanned/renamed etc so suddenly.

There are some supertesters and employees or staff using their connections to get players Nuked as stated last time...

On 11/07/2017 at 0:16 PM, FlorbFnarb said:

...Really?   "Retarded" is one of their things?

Christ.  They must not go off on this shit in WoWS.  I've absolutely ripped the hell out of people for parking a battleship in the back all match spectating.

One of my freinds on NA is carer for a challenged child and as a result my lingo has changed to tater/potato/peanut/brickwithears/lala/chocolate teapot/muppet/mullet or whatever else I can manage at the time. I now tend to really dislike abuse like retard/versions thereof as it's a little like racial slurs, but whatever floats your boat I guess.

Looks like I finally pissed off enough chickenshit camping BB drivers.  I got a 24 hour chat ban today after ripping into a couple idiots that basically didn't leave spawn until a third of the team was dead.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0