Archaic_One

FIRST ANNUAL WOTLABS FUNDRAISER AUCTION!

13 posts in this topic

Hello Nerds.

Do you like military stuff?  Can you read?  

Do I have a deal for you!

Up for auction is a set of 6 slightly used books of military history.  All proceeds from this auction will go to the Solono Life and Chemistry Fund*

The format is simple, you post a bid in this thread in US dollars from now until the auction ends at the end of the month.  The highest bidder gets the books shipped to their door upon confirmation of receipt via Paypal by Solono.  

BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE!**  I will pay a matching donation equal to the final winning bid, up to $100.

The books:

KIMG2190_zps5z020foo.jpeg

1. The things they carried - Vietnam sucked, letters from Vietnam and the stories of the men that fought.

2. War as I Knew It - Patton's memoir of WWII in diary form.  A day to day view of the war in Europe from the very top.

3. Enemy at the gates - Pretty well used.  Story of the Battle for Stalingrad - essentially a contest between the egos of Stalin and Hitler to see who could fuck it up the worst.

4. A rifleman went to war - Memoir of an American that went to fight in WWI for Canada and participated in trench warfare and as the first modern sniper.

5. Chesty - Biography of General Chesty Puller, the quintessential Marine.  Act now to get this copy which has never been fapped to by @TheMarine0341

6. 1776 - George Washington during the first year of the Revolutionary war

THAT'S NOT ALL!  The winner will also receive a free bonus book of my choosing.

So basically thats it.  Bid now, win some books, help a good cause.  If you have questions - ask them in this thread, questions with bids get better answers.   I have a lot of these, I may do a second annual auction in a few weeks if this one goes well.  Maybe a sciency one next.

*this is a totally made up name, your accountant will not be amused if you try to write this off 

** Gasai font trigger warning

25 minutes ago, Archaic_One said:

5. Chesty - Biography of General Chesty Puller, the quintessential Marine.  Act now to get this copy which has never been fapped to by @TheMarine0341

..thats what you'd LIKE to think...

"A Rifleman Went to War" is a fantastic read. Highly recommend.

1 hour ago, TheMarine0341 said:

..thats what you'd LIKE to think...

We can't tell a civilian what the secret ingredient in the bookbinding process is...

Alright come on folks, do I have to throw something else in the pot to get the bidding started?  Shipping to anywhere in the world is on me, I'll even throw in a piece of WWII memorabilia along with your gift book. 

Since no stains attributable to the Marine can be detected on Chesty, I will start off the bidding for the package at $20.

I will bid $25 but only if Chesty has pages stuck together with certified Marine dna. 

2 hours ago, Hellsfog said:

I will bid $25 but only if Chesty has pages stuck together with certified Marine dna. 

I know plenty of Marines, they are essentially interchangeable, so that can probably be arranged. 

Masturbation
Always
Required
Intelligence
Never
Expected

Unboxing videos, pfft please.  I'll throw in a boxing video if we can get these bids up - hows that for fan service.

Well, I completely let this slip by me while on vacation.  I'll bump it TTT with this post and get everything shipped out on Friday.  It looks as if @Hellsfog is our leading bidder

@Hellsfog, in a rockstar act of awesomeness has made his donation to Solono and donated the books back - sooo, @xtc4 you are the winner and in honor of Hellsfog being awesome, I'll match both xtc and hellsfog.

I'll probably do a 'boxing video' and ship on Wednesday.

(now to sort through all of my nerdy pop-science books . . . .)