Sign in to follow this  
SolarflareGrenraven

What do you guys think of the Tier 7 WZ 131 Post 9.19

13 posts in this topic

Hiya guys,

I am currently playing the 59-16 which i am really enjoying and working toward 2nd mark on currently, i have already unlocked and

bought the WZ 131 but haven't played it yet.

I just wondered what you guys think of it post 9.19, is it as good as the 59-16 or not so good now?

Please base your comments on post 9.19 as they have obviously changed a lot since then.

Thanks,

Paul

I like it, like any light you play hide and seek and pick your spots.  All around a middle of the road light tank.  It is in my nightly tank rotation.

It great! Im really enjoying it. The only gripe I have is because of all the light tanks in the mm, you can't be as effective. Also you cannot fight other light tank as they will wreck you.

23 minutes ago, canadiantrex said:

View range is shit, camo is shit, gun handling is shit.

This.  It's utter trash compared to what it was.  It used to be my favorite light tank in the game, now it's just... bleh.  It's not awful in some absolute sense, but it just isn't as interesting, and definitely doesn't punch above its weight nearly as well, even considering that it now doesn't have to face tier 10s.  I'll glady trade facing tier 10s for having the 100mm gun back.

The gun handling doesn't bother me overly much, and the camo is good enough, if not spectacular (it seems like it should be better, given the size of the tank, but WTFDIK).  I wish it were a bit faster (65 kph instead of 60 would be nice).  I honestly have no gripes about the gun - the upgraded 85mm is not a bad gun at all - it still has better pen both the T-43 and VK30.02D, and it has better alpha than the T-43 (the stock gun on the wz131 is pretty much the same gun as the top gun on the T-43, because...reasons).  So it's more than workable.  It doesn't dominate its tier, but you won't regret playing it, and it's not a painful grind by any stretch.

Type 64 is pretty amazeballs, more so since it got vstab, but it's also highly susceptible to being vaporized by tier 5 derp HE, which the wz131 is not.  Wz131 has the somewhat bouncy turret typical of Chinese lights, the Type 64 couldn't bounce a ping-pong ball.  But there's no question that, when top tier, the type 64 is superior.

On 6/16/2017 at 4:23 AM, SolarflareGrenraven said:

I am currently playing the 59-16 which i am really enjoying and working toward 2nd mark on currently

Too bad you missed the autoloader on the 59-16.  For me, that was the best thing about it.

Well i have to say so far i am loving it, i'm running at average Wn8 of about 3k for this tank currently.

Grinding this tank is feeling like a stat padder for me as my normal recent has been hovering around 1600-1700 now for the last week i'm on about 2100 and the last 24 hours i'm on 2650 lol

As for the Type 64, its reasonable but i preferred the 59-16 to it and much prefer the WZ 131

Is the WZ 132 a step up from this or play much the same?

Regards,

Paul

On 6/19/2017 at 5:35 AM, SolarflareGrenraven said:

As for the Type 64, its reasonable but i preferred the 59-16 to it and much prefer the WZ 131

I would consider either the 64 or the 131 a very, very strong upgrade over the 59-16, personally.  Last I checked, the 59-16 couldn't mount vstab, and the 64 has much better mobility and view range (100% crew and coated optics barely gets you 400m?  Yuck).  And 64 wins the gun handling battle easily, too...and it has gun depression.  No point arguing armor, b/c neither tank is going to bounce a tier 8, not even most tier 7s.  Don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed the 59-16, but it was never one of the stronger tier 6 scouts.

As for the 131, yeah, I'm feeling it.  Finally aced it and finished LT15.2 in it.  Our KV2 got mouthy and accused me of being greedy (at that point, I was sitting on > 2k spotting damage, so I had no clue what he was talking about, and we were rolling up the 1 line rather expeditiously).  So against a Chrysler, T29, and an Udes, our Hummel, at15, and I just quietly carried.  Hats off to arty for paying attention, too, and getting the last-second reset before we got capped out.

Hd84HJJ.png

5 hours ago, Tanager said:

I would consider either the 64 or the 131 a very, very strong upgrade over the 59-16, personally.  Last I checked, the 59-16 couldn't mount vstab, and the 64 has much better mobility and view range (100% crew and coated optics barely gets you 400m?  Yuck).  And 64 wins the gun handling battle easily, too...and it has gun depression.  No point arguing armor, b/c neither tank is going to bounce a tier 8, not even most tier 7s.  Don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed the 59-16, but it was never one of the stronger tier 6 scouts.

As for the 131, yeah, I'm feeling it.  Finally aced it and finished LT15.2 in it.  Our KV2 got mouthy and accused me of being greedy (at that point, I was sitting on > 2k spotting damage, so I had no clue what he was talking about, and we were rolling up the 1 line rather expeditiously).  So against a Chrysler, T29, and an Udes, our Hummel, at15, and I just quietly carried.  Hats off to arty for paying attention, too, and getting the last-second reset before we got capped out.

Hd84HJJ.png

I am a bit jealous as i have played 110 battles with an average WN8 of 3100 so far on this tank and i still haven't got an ace tanker in it.

However congrats mate nicely played :)

I am absolutely loving this tank and have unlocked the tier 8 already :) haven't used it yet though

@SolarflareGrenraven not quite 70 battles in on this one, and I have easily my best stats of any scout (not WR, but hopefully that will move up from the current 53%).  Since I don't have any other tier 7 scout, I might just hang onto this one as a keeper - the lack of gun dep doesn't really hurt it that much, IMHO, but I would love a bit better aiming time.  But I have a girl crew in this one, and I'll probably add gunnery skills as the fourth skill for driver/gunner.  Doing not quite 800 dpg, which I know won't wow anyone, but for me...it's pretty damned awesome.  The speed is okay, but the mobility is really nice - you can duck and weave with the best of 'em.

I must say it's a big underwhelming compared to other lights in the same tier. Like it has been pointed out already, the view range is pretty bad and so is the gun handling, the shell speed is atrocious. I was eventually able to get to grips with the tank but it does not perform nearly as well as other lights of the same tier. It just has a number of drawbacks. I was happy to be done with it as soon as I unlocked the 132.

Sign in to follow this