arthurwellsley

Tiger 131 amd Tiger 217

13 posts in this topic

Source:https://ritastatusreport.live/2017/06/15/tiger-217-stats/#more-40293

I am assuming that Tiger 131 will be put into the game on the weekend of 24th - 26th June 2017 as that is the Bovington Tankfest weekend, when the Tiger 131 gets driven around the arena for the general public to watch and listen to.

Source (video is the 2014 event)

BUT

Two questions;

(a) Will the Tiger 131 come with a zero BIA hermaphrodite/Berlin crew? (Ingame UK already has one such crew that could be purchased with the Cromwell Berlin.)

(b) Will the Tiger 217 come with a zero BIA hermaphrodite/Berlin crew? (Ingame Germany has not had a Berlin/hermaphrodite crew.) I assume Tiger 217 is the equivalent of the USA Thunderbolt, a "hero" tank, and will thus get a similar hermaphrodite crew, as that is what the Thunderbolt was sold with.

I bought the Thunderbolt with missions for the crew. I will run all the Thunderbolt missions and then transfer the crew into a top tier tank. If the 131 comes with an hermaphrodite crew I will buy it ready for the UK light tank line, if no crew then no purchase. If the 217 comes with an hermaphrodite crew I will buy it and use the crew for one of the German tier Xs I have, if it does not sell with an hermaphrodite crew then no purchase.

I assume that WG has to pay image royalties of some description to Bovington for the ingame use of the 131. As the 217 does not exist in a museum I assume WG get to keep all the money made.

There seems to be some suggestion that Otto Carius' tank pictured in his book "Tigers in the Mud" actually has the numer 213 on it rather than 217. Does anyone own the book and are they able to confirm this alleged discrepancy?

4 hours ago, arthurwellsley said:

I assume that WG has to pay image royalties of some description to Bovington for the ingame use of the 131. As the 217 does not exist in a museum I assume WG get to keep all the money made.

Why would you assume so? I would like to think that Tiger tank, or Tiger 131 in this case, isn't a registered trademark. Even if it was, it should belong to the Germans, not a British tank museum. But I could be wrong....

1 hour ago, SaintLaurentius said:

Why would you assume so? I would like to think that Tiger tank, or Tiger 131 in this case, isn't a registered trademark. Even if it was, it should belong to the Germans, not a British tank museum. But I could be wrong....

(1) WG and the Bovington museum have quite along commercial association over various projects since 2011,

(2) Bovington own some of the image rights for the Fury,

(3) The 131 was captured (after being abandoned by it's crew) by the British in North Africa, and as the first captured Tiger was immediately sent back to the UK for evaluation. At some point post war the ownership of the vehicle passed to Bovington.

But I could be wrong it was merely an assumption based on the above.

Quote from  Anton Pankov Q&A 6/19

Question posed by some random Russian player =Supertest already had a Tier 6 Tiger tested. I don’t really understand the need to test the same tank: Heavy Tank No.6, Tiger 131, Tiger 217 … and the conveyor belt keeps going.

Answer = "217, we have a cunning plan, it is very insidious".

Source = https://ritastatusreport.live/2017/06/19/anton-pankov-qa-619/#more-40680

Now what the hell does he mean by that?

TAP translates it slightly differently;

On supertest, another Tiger has arrived, but I don’t get why you have to test identical tanks… Jap. Tiger, Tiger 131, Tiger 217… The conveyor is there already. – For 217, we have a very insidious plan.
We know about your plans already. You’ll just strap on a different looking log, and that’s it. – Aren’t you a shrewd one :

Source = https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2017/06/18/wot-qa-18-07-2017/

I kinda suspect they want to go down on it, like the camos in WoWS. Instead of fitting a camo-scheme, you will get a model-makeup and can switch between 131 and 217 by selecting the according "camo". Alternatively, they are part of a PvE-mode.

Well if they would have said they have a special plan for the 131 I would say a special mode for tank fest. But this way. Hmm. 

By insidious, I suspect he means either a campaign reward or a personal mission reward like the tier 7 shitboxes they give away every year or so. 

131 is on sale on NA with a Berlin Crew. 

5 hours ago, DHP said:

131 is on sale on NA with a Berlin Crew. 

Wait what. A 0 perk crew for Germans? OMG. 

So I assume this tiger doesn't worth it huh?

I don't have any german ht crews not tanks but idk..

Last few games were soooo irritating and ranked battles are pure luck.. I can barely tolerate t8-10 in its current state

It's on sale on EU.

The tank itself is pretty average. The crew is the only selling point.

On 6/16/2017 at 8:59 AM, SaintLaurentius said:

Uh oh ! You sound salty sir... :P