ThomChen114

Ranked Battles - SPG FTW?

8 posts in this topic

No premium ammunition, just standard HE that can stun & cripple, guaranteed to do damage and reward experience for your "effort", almost always the last tanks to be discovered and thus has all the time in the world to farm and do damage and become top on the team even on a loss.

"But you could get counter batter-..."

PLEASE, why would a unicum SPG waste their time trying to blind shot someone on the other end of the map when they are guaranteed free damage from all the tanks squirming in a tight end of a corridor halfway. But hey, bonus points if he does take the effort to kill the enemy SPG, that way he can actually appear to be trying to help the team instead of padding himself the entire time! Good for him, such an altruistic team player!

Yeah, tier X SPG seems to be the best choice for a stress-free, low-cost, high-reward for less salt inducing gaming experience in Ranked Battles in order to climb the ranks thanks to all your "skill". 

Thats why you always need to move whenever you take shots. Prevent counter arty. 

My dear friend @iguru sent me this:

14 minutes ago, ThomChen114 said:

My dear friend @iguru sent me this:

that gif is the exact mental image I get whenever someone asks me if I'm coming back to wot

56 minutes ago, zapyoug said:

that gif is the exact mental image I get whenever someone asks me if I'm coming back to wot

SPGs do seem to be very popular in ranked battles. Which sucks. Part of why I'm completely over the new mode.

I'll just copy paste here what I said in the other thread. I played some Conqueror GC arty games yesterday to see why the hell are there so many arties in the damn ranked battles. Honestly, there is no point playing anything else! So much xp from stunned and detracked enemies, plus the dmg of your own. First game in arty after the rebalance. They aim faster and they still do the same dmg as before (less oer tank but huge splash radius) They reload tons faster too!! A well placed shot like to a light/med going for the hill can really turn the game in your favor. Especially in this mode and in high ranks because players are too good and take advantage or a detracked enemy. 

shot_309.jpg

shot_310.jpg

shot_311.jpg

EDIT: Just got another rank in the arty. I feel like scum but it's so easy... You can manipulate the battle with well placed shots! 

EDIT 2: Oh  I forgot to mention how much more cost effective arty is than tanks. Most of the battles you survive so you pay no repair!

"Max 3 arties per team is good for balans, da!"

- WarGaming Department of Redundancy Department