M0rtim3r

Fight the weak or the strong side first?

Question

Assuming I actually manage to predict the deployment of the enemy team, should I...

a) ...head to the strong side (a lot of tanks, top tiers), to fight the enemy's main force right from the start.

b) ...head to the weak side, to kill all tanks there asap and then have a numbers-advantage.

c) ...follow the majority of my team, where ever they go and push.

d) ...go to my favourite spot, regardless of anything else.

e) ...go to the spot, where my tank is most effective, regardless of anything else.

f) ...there is no general rule at all!

g) ...the idea of sides is wrong. Battles occur in smaller pockets.

h) ...(insert missing answer here)

2 answers to this question

The best way to win pubs is to ensure the majority of your team doesn't drag an easy flank into a mud-fight.

Try and recall the number of easy games that were lost simply because the vast majority of your team could not or were unwilling to push a significant over-match.
Literally just stick with the team, ensure your team pushes/actually does something (lead by example if necessary - provided you are sure teammates are willing/communicate beforehand), etc etc.

It's just not worth going to a flank solo where you can potentially get zergling rushed.

A, only if you are among the top tiers or have good armor and back up to match

B, Because fair fights are for suckers. Particularly if you're a medium tank, avoid prolonged head-on engagements. 

C, what some may call a lemming train, this will only work if the team actually pushes. the longer the team gets bogged down on one flank, the harder it gets especially if most or all of the other flanks had been abandoned

D, situational. espcially in obvious spots that some people may blindfire it, or spots were you can get isolated quickly. always look for that way out.

E, again situational. if you're soft skin TD sure maybe. but you shouldn't be so narrow-minded or like roasted marshmallows too much

F, adapt

G, that may be true sometimes, but always keep an eye on the minimap and the bigger picture. what may be a successful duel between 1 or 2 tanks may not matter if you come out crippled and the rest of the team was wiped out.