SolarflareGrenraven

Anyone finding Platoon matchmaking a nightmare?

13 posts in this topic

Hi Guys,

I often play alone in randoms and generally find the matchmaking is ok and relatively fair, although they should implement some sort of skill based metric to even up the skill of teams.

HOWEVER - Everytime i platoon up with my friend who is of a similar level to me (1600+ recent) the matchmaking just gives us shit game after shit game.. i'm talking never top tier and 90% of games bottom tier

Is this just us who are cursed or is it happening to all platoons?

Regards,

Solar

In over 100 games in my Oho platooned I was top tier exactly 3 times, yes, 3 times I counted because it was so rare. In my VK100.01(p) I was top tier around 4 times in over 100 games as well platooned. In Tiger (p) in 70 games I was top tier 2 or 3 times in total. The MM is beyond fucked, platooned at least.

Platoon only with 10s, maybe 9s. but never with 8s or 7s.

Kinda sad really, WG clearly doesnt endorse platooning in randoms atm and playing solo is kinda boring, except when I'm tryharding for marks of something similar.

18 minutes ago, SaintLaurentius said:

Platoon only with 10s, maybe 9s. but never with 8s or 7s.

Kinda sad really, WG clearly doesnt endorse platooning in randoms atm and playing solo is kinda boring, except when I'm tryharding for marks of something similar.

Yeah its just bizarre to be honest, surely they don't know its happening?

1 hour ago, SaintLaurentius said:

Platoon only with 10s, maybe 9s. but never play with 8s or 7s.

Fixed that for you. Tier 8 is such garbage atm, it's like 90% of the time you're bottom tier.

3 hours ago, Siimcy said:

In over 100 games in my Oho platooned I was top tier exactly 3 times, yes, 3 times I counted because it was so rare. In my VK100.01(p) I was top tier around 4 times in over 100 games as well platooned. In Tiger (p) in 70 games I was top tier 2 or 3 times in total. The MM is beyond fucked, platooned at least.

that's insane. at that point you'd probably be better off soloing

also, no friends => no platoon => profit :kappa:

I need to track it more carefully, but Crab and I have been platooning tier 9s regularly the past few weeks. Seems like most of the time we get top tier only 1 or 2 games out of ten.

When playing Defender, 80% of the games are tier X, 10% tier IX and the rest tier VIII only.

I decided to make a pause of this game for a while.

At least my Löwe is having a good time. Scored 4 hits on the cheeks of a Maus who was apparently too retarded to angle his turret :D

Exactly same happening to me when in platoon, so I avoided this via grinding the UDES, which has the best dmg farming chances when low tier.

I was with the UDES and my friend in a Skorpion G, played 11 games which we had won 8 times, overall 2,3k dmg for me so it was worth it.

But I agree, in the current conditions there is no point forcing to play tier 8 tanks.

9 I will try, but only the wz 111-4, for the xp.

22 hours ago, SolarflareGrenraven said:

Yeah its just bizarre to be honest, surely they don't know its happening?

Of course they know. That has been always the case and complaints range back now for over 2 years. The new 3/5/7 "only" made the problem more prominent.

The thing is that the MM still tries to match a platoon with a platoon - of any tier. The VAST majority of platooning is done at tiers IX and X. So whenever there is a tier X game that needs victims in the form of tier VIII tanks AND it has a platoon, platooned tier VIIIs are the perfect match.

The MM is getting worse without a shred of doubt. 

There are so many variables in this game that random battle is truly "random".