Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DracoArgentum

Tundra

11 posts in this topic

So whats up with Tundra as a light tank? Theres not much need for spotting. Is it just rush hill and hope they don't send autoloaders up there or am I missing somewhere for spotting to be relevant?

Well, you do need the hill usually to win, but if your team already sends tanks there, go spot 2/3-line along the houses. I avoid the hill most of time, especially in autoloaders. You just end up trading 1 for 1, which isnt good for your performance.

Well you can do some scouting close to the hill spotting tanks from F/D/E-7 and from south you can even spot heavies going to the valley on the 1-2 line and put shots in them. South it is way better than north, but from north you can climb the hill with much more ease or even use that spot to shoot at some tanks below you. 

you can stick around the middle by the bridge, alternate between east and west and help spot any cheeky flankers attempting to flank along 2-3 or 7-8 and help stop those.

unless you have plenty of back up, be careful of autoloaders when trying to rush the hill.

I usually read the lineup. As a light tank, the biggest concern is usually your number of mediums vs their number of mediums. On the way to the hill I see how many of our tanks are committed vs what I expect their team to commit. If it doesn't look favorable, I sit at the base of the hill and put one or two rounds into enemies as they take the hill. If it looks like you have the advantage I commit to the hill because it is the most useful thing you can do early.

If I can't go hill, I take my couple of shots and then look to work the middle. You have to be pretty cautious, but you can either look to wrap around and get flank shots on their side of the hill or move more into the middle and do what you can from there.

Vision really doesn't matter on the map even late game. I find that your best hope is to stay alive and then use your speed to make useful flanking moves once things open up.

24 minutes ago, dualmaster333 said:

I usually read the lineup. As a light tank, the biggest concern is usually your number of mediums vs their number of mediums. On the way to the hill I see how many of our tanks are committed vs what I expect their team to commit. If it doesn't look favorable, I sit at the base of the hill and put one or two rounds into enemies as they take the hill. If it looks like you have the advantage I commit to the hill because it is the most useful thing you can do early.

If I can't go hill, I take my couple of shots and then look to work the middle. You have to be pretty cautious, but you can either look to wrap around and get flank shots on their side of the hill or move more into the middle and do what you can from there.

Vision really doesn't matter on the map even late game. I find that your best hope is to stay alive and then use your speed to make useful flanking moves once things open up.

22 minutes ago, CraBeatOff said:

I play it exactly like dual said. 

Yanno, I'm starting to doubt that you two are separate people...

1 minute ago, Errants said:

Yanno, I'm starting to doubt that you two are separate people...

We have successfully mind melded when it comes to WoT I believe. 

The Crabmaster method:

1. Invite friend
  2. Ready up T49s
  3. Click battle
  4. Do terrible things to pubbies
  5. Bask in the glow

#pley4fun #allyourbuttsarebelongtous #chode$tars

I almost always play the hill no matter the tank I'm in or if I think I'll win it or lose it. My reasoning for it is simply that you will always get free shots if you know when to poke on the enemy. Regardless of if you can actually take the hill or not. You need to pick the right time to run away though, because once they're up on the hill and pushing the entrance at the same time, running away is hard so you need to run early. After that the almost everything important should have been spotted so you can play on map info rather than lineup reading. 

Given I'm almost exclusively an MT/HT player it's a bit different. But as a light tank you're almost certain to get at least two free shots on the hill cross if the enemy takes it. If you cross up and nothing's lit crossing, take it. It's super easy to just drop down if the enemy team makes their way up if your support isn't there yet. There's always the far back redline boost from the north spawn (A9) where you can sit and farm for very long if your camo allows for it (I only do this if I'm 100% sure we'll lose the hill and my camo rating is good enough not to get lit at 400m, so it works much better in lower tiers than at tier 10 where 445 and piercing is common) and the south spawn has this boost: 

Here you can get up before the normal heavies cross (and shoot them), and you have a really nice LoS on the hill pockets. Not to mention if the 1 line gets pushed you can drive on the side of it to cover yourself from the hill (since you're in a proxy) and angle in a way to be able to depress enough to shoot down on tanks that simply cannot elevate to shoot you back. If you can combine this with your team getting the hill you have a field day of spotting, ezpz

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0