xLosTsouLx

Looking to learn On the NA

22 posts in this topic

Sorry guys. I should have read some post in this section so I would have know what I should have added. I am a XVM green player. But would love to be a smarter, better all around player.

When I first starting playing. I just goofed around in light tanks and didn't care about my stats. But now that I have started to put a lot of time and a little bit of money. I would like to be a better player.

Need to Learn how to  play to the strength of whatever tank I am playing.

I mainly play mediums.

Become better at SH  and World Map player. 

Unfortunately, we can no longer pull your vitals from your profile and I can find no record of xLosTsouLx in the database.  What is your ingame name?  

Keep in mind that folks are not trying to be rude, but everybody is here to learn so asking for general help in the wotlabs mentor meetup is kind of like asking to take some unspecified 'knowledge' class on a college campus.  There are many forms of mentoring - asking for a unicum to carry platoon with you in pubs, training room exercises, replay reviews, and general life coaching all can be had if you make yourself a good student.

Have you read all of the guides?

Yes xlostsoulx is my in game name. I have read a lot and watched ton of youtube videos. I learn best by hands on. I believe I have reached my peak and need a mentor to help me become a better team mate.

Yes looking to toon in pubs./ Training room. Skirms. Whatever it takes.

Ps should I just copy and paste my recent stats here?

http://wotlabs.net/na/player/xlostsoulx

I know the guys were not being rude. They are right, I should have added more info. Totally my fault

Hmm... I would be willing to platoon with you but it's kind of hard right now with the friends list being down in the game. I've never done any teaching within this game though so it might be a bit rough as far as explanations go during the actual battle but I can explain things afterwards. The main thing is the friends list though. I don't know how I could actually invite you to platoon without being able to find you within the game.

3 hours ago, DirtyACE7 said:

Hmm... I would be willing to platoon with you but it's kind of hard right now with the friends list being down in the game. I've never done any teaching within this game though so it might be a bit rough as far as explanations go during the actual battle but I can explain things afterwards. The main thing is the friends list though. I don't know how I could actually invite you to platoon without being able to find you within the game.

So true. {Fingers crossed} That the Friends list issue is fixed soon.

Thank you for the help.

I learn a lot from replays. If you post a couple of what you think are your best games, I'm sure a few will take a look and tell you how you could have done better. another way is to figure out which maps or tanks you suck on, them go to wotreplays.org and download a few high scoring games of same tank same map and watch what they did. Some are really eye opening. 

Then of course there is Zeven's stream and youtube channel, and some other streamers also provide good insights. 

Here a few of my replays, Hopefully they help. I mainly watch replays on YouTube. I will download some  wotreplays, Great idea.

http://wotreplays.com/site/3570040#mines-xlostsoulx-t-54_first_prototype

http://wotreplays.com/site/3487327#cliff-xlostsoulx-cromwell_b

At 21k games, better late than never dude. Just a quick glance over of your stats and tanks, you are grinding quite a few lines and have several tanks in wildly different playstyles. This wont help you improve much simply because it will hinder your progress. a Super P doesn't play like an IS3 or a BC AP.

You do significantly worse in un-armored tanks than armored ones. I suspect (but don't know) that the faster tanks let you overextend faster than you realize and can't recover from. Learn how to peek-a-boom in your t-34-1.

Your heavy stats tell me that you don't know how to use your armor to best advantage and knowledge of how to trade properly is sorely lacking. 

Without playing with you that's about as deep as I'm willing to go. My advice to you:
Pick a tank you like (the Super P seems an obvious candidate, also the Type 59 and 34-1) and try to do 1200 dmg a match in them. That's basically 1 or 2 more shots of dmg than you are doing in them right now. Learn how to flank and punish. tracking shots are a must.

Please don't play clip tanks until you are pretty good at single shots. managing that exposure can be difficult. Same goes for scouts. they are support tanks, not combat ones (even though they are at the front) learning vision mechanics is a MUST.

Play a LOT of tier 8. Don't move on to tier 9/10 until you are comfortable fighting most tier 10 tanks with your tier 8. <--- until you can do this, stay out of 9/10. Don't play anything below tier 6.

I know this isn't much help for now but it's a start. I'll platoon with you if the contacts list gets un borked.

Here's a good overview of your tanks: http://www.wotstats.org/stats/na/xlostsoulx/ it's a bit more detailed than wotlabs. If you need real-time feedback and don't want to use a session stat mod (I'm vanilla) I recommend WoTNumbers and VBAddict.

As an example, here's my pages on those sites:
http://www.wotstats.org/stats/na/wanderjar/
http://www.vbaddict.net/player/wanderjar-na
The extra details and information can be priceless

Thank you so much Wander

I have recently (last month or so) started to focus on my Medium lines. I don't play heavy's that much any more and the one Light I do play is so I can get the AMX 30. And yes you are correct, I am not very good at fast tanks. I get into trouble very fast with those.

I use Aslain to track my game to game progress.

Yes my first 15k games I just ran around without a care in the world. But I am trying to learn and be better team mate.

5 hours ago, DirtyACE7 said:

Workaround: create a chat channel (in the WoT client), then have your potential toonmate search for that channel and join it.  YOu can then invite from the channel.  We did this this AM, worked like a charm.

31 minutes ago, Tanager said:

Workaround: create a chat channel (in the WoT client), then have your potential toonmate search for that channel and join it.  YOu can then invite from the channel.  We did this this AM, worked like a charm.

Oh sweet! I'll try this out.

Your replays are from 9.18 and dont play in the 9.19 client. Post a couple more recent ones if possible.

11 hours ago, Gryphon_ said:

Your replays are from 9.18 and dont play in the 9.19 client. Post a couple more recent ones if possible.

http://wotreplays.com/site/3666685#serene_coast-xlostsoulx-t-62a

12 hours ago, xLosTsouLx said:

I'm only a teal, but my comments on that replay are:

1) I dont know if anyone else ever goes to that position at start - I never do - C1 would be my choice as long as the Bat came as well as E5. However - first shot - spotted for sure - must duck to cover immediately - dont sit still and take 2 more shots - tier ten punishes those who are spotted first very hard. You were lucky.

2) Batchat was useless and the E5 went out alone - and you took far too long to react to the TVP and relocate further back

3) After killing the TVP you moved up to a blind corner knowing there was a CAX and a E50M out there somewhere - possibly close - very risky

4) You got lucky on (3) and ended up nicely hulldown vs the E50M: positioning to exploit the turret is key to good T62a play and its hard. Learning how to position that tank is vital to overcome the gun depression limit and exploit that turret

5) You fluffed the killshot on the E50M up close - in those 'drive-by killshot' cases get into habit of using autoaim so you can concentrate on where you are going

Others will have more insightful comments I'm sure, but thats the teal-viewpoint

Thank you so much Gryphon.

Your advice is exactly what I need to learn. Map positions, How to hull down correctly, And How best to play against the red line up. 

Hope you are having a great Saturday

I'll try to take a look at your replay too tonight or tomorrow.

Thanks for playing with us on the weekend. I'm sorry that it didn't quite go as well as expected. I was not having a good day at all and have been just generally struggling as of late. Hopefully you were able to pick up some stuff and don't be afraid to ask questions. There's a lot to this game to understand.

Thanks for the games DirtyAce. Sorry it took this long to get back to you. Work called the day after we played. I only one day to get ready. 

I am now down in the Bay of Campeche off the east coast of Mexico. I will hit you back up once I am done here.

Hard to play wot in a saturation system lol

Thanks again