kariverson

9.20 Supertest - Soviet Medium Changes

102 posts in this topic

Sometimes I feel like returning to WoT.

Then I read new threads on WotLabs.

1 hour ago, Hally said:

907's biggest advantage is far superior side armor that allows it to sidescrape like a boss; something you cannot do in other RU meds other than the T22... but lets not talk about that thing.

I knew on paper the side armor was better but I didn't expect it to be anything useful, unti I reversed sidescraped a maus that bounced 4 times. And I was one shot. He must have been pissed. 

One negative you didn't mention about the 907 is the much weaker turret at flat ground.

Anyway I have both 140 and t62 reserched. It's all matter of gathering the insane amount of credits.

Come on wg "fix" 907s turret! It needs it as much as 140 and t54 needed it!! Haha

5 hours ago, Private_Miros said:

Sometimes I feel like returning to WoT.

Then I read new threads on WotLabs.

latest?cb=20150320192210

The 140 is faster, has a slightly worse turret because bigger cupolas and has more gun dep.

Nice meme WG. RIP 62A, i remember when you were the premier russian med. 

FYI the T-54 gun changes are a flat out nerf: you lose either gun handling OR DPM. Id rather the guns stayed the same. heck I'd trade the turret armour buff to keep the guns the same, that shit is retarded. 

26 minutes ago, Assassin7 said:

FYI the T-54 gun changes are a flat out nerf: you lose either gun handling OR DPM. Id rather the guns stayed the same. heck I'd trade the turret armour buff to keep the guns the same, that shit is retarded. 

Gee, it's almost like WG doesn't want you to play tier 9, because how else are they supposed to sell those prem 8s?

25 minutes ago, Haswell said:

Gee, it's almost like WG doesn't want you to play tier 9, because how else are they supposed to sell those prem 8s?

I mean they dont want me to play tier 10 either because they made that impossible in 9.18...

17 minutes ago, Assassin7 said:

I mean they dont want me to play tier 10 either because they made that impossible in 9.18...

quite the opposite, because if you stay at tier 9 then you don't go to tier 10, play RB and burn all your shekels on HEAT and premium consumables and thus need to fund yourself with tier 8s.

I can earn credits in the T-54. not in the 907 or 140.

14 hours ago, Hally said:

T44 needed help, buffing it is perfectly reasonable.

T54 changes will give it the option of good handling + med dpm, or poor handling + good dpm. The current one is just one gun to rule them all (as long as you use gold liberally).

why do they think we've been sniping with the current defacto gun? remove bias much

19 hours ago, kariverson said:

this will force players to use the gun at medium and short ranges and to play in a more aggressive style more in line with how a medium range support tank should be played.

meanwhile, Maus and other SHTs can snap snipe you as you attempt to try to put into practice this "aggressive style" they are snorting

1 hour ago, Assassin7 said:

They're trying to make both viable instead of having one that is obviously far superior if you're willing to fire HEAT.

16 minutes ago, WorldConqueror said:

They're trying to make both viable instead of having one that is obviously far superior if you're willing to fire HEAT.

they're doing it the wrong way. they're just swapping the stats. and making both guns worse. they should just buff the other gun. give them the same gun handling, and trade pen for DPM. 

and anyway, it shouldn't matter if one is better than the other, thats generally how grinds work... 

56 minutes ago, Assassin7 said:

they're doing it the wrong way. they're just swapping the stats. and making both guns worse. they should just buff the other gun. give them the same gun handling, and trade pen for DPM. 

and anyway, it shouldn't matter if one is better than the other, thats generally how grinds work... 

In which case the low pen one is superior again due to HEAT

59 minutes ago, Assassin7 said:

What Breeeze said.

As for the last part, they're both 'top' guns though, it's not like you have to grind through one to get the other. I'm all for having different viable setups. That said I don't disagree that it's an overall nerf, in that you don't get both better dpm AND better accuracy/handling.

I might be wrong but i don mind the changes for the t54. The turret now makes it strong even against tier 10s and increases it's ability to bully lower tier tanks by quite a bit by being able to use a 220 pen gun without using gold. 201 ap is not much to pen most tier 8 heavies reliably. Now you do lose 0,8 reaload from the standard gun we use at the moment and around 300 dpm. Is that worth it? Yes if you dont always spam heat. If you do then your playstyle wont change much since you should use the other gun anyway getting a nice dpm bonus. Running rammer vents and food with the higher dpm gun will give you more or less the same hard handling (aim time and accuracy)  but with way more dpm and stonger close engament power due to the dpm and turrer buff.

So overall this is a buff to the tank in my opinion and a change of playstyle according to the gun you use. With one you become a bit more of a medium, having a more rounded gun that makes you play even at higher distance engagements. With the other one you become a close encounter monster.

1 hour ago, breeeze said:

In which case the low pen one is superior again due to HEAT

yes it is, in which case its still an outright nerf. you're losing ALL the gun handling for a .4 second increase in RoF. completely terribad trade

53 minutes ago, nabucodonsor said:

I might be wrong but i don mind the changes for the t54. The turret now makes it strong even against tier 10s and increases it's ability to bully lower tier tanks by quite a bit by being able to use a 220 pen gun without using gold.

The T54 needed to be better at said things because ... ?

1 hour ago, nabucodonsor said:

The turret now makes it strong even against tier 10s

Did you play this game before the T-54 was HD?

1 hour ago, nabucodonsor said:

I might be wrong but i don mind the changes for the t54. The turret now makes it strong even against tier 10s and increases it's ability to bully lower tier tanks by quite a bit by being able to use a 220 pen gun without using gold. 201 ap is not much to pen most tier 8 heavies reliably. Now you do lose 0,8 reaload from the standard gun we use at the moment and around 300 dpm. Is that worth it? Yes if you dont always spam heat. If you do then your playstyle wont change much since you should use the other gun anyway getting a nice dpm bonus. Running rammer vents and food with the higher dpm gun will give you more or less the same hard handling (aim time and accuracy)  but with way more dpm and stonger close engament power due to the dpm and turrer buff.

So overall this is a buff to the tank in my opinion and a change of playstyle according to the gun you use. With one you become a bit more of a medium, having a more rounded gun that makes you play even at higher distance engagements. With the other one you become a close encounter monster.

Anybody with a brain would WASD-wriggle to force a turret bounce.

Also WG back at it again with the balance changes. Type 5 250mm """weakspot""", Batchat nerf, 2400 clip Foch, amx-30 megabuff that obsoletes the M46, M48, and STB altogether, and now it's clear that Obj. 140>T-62A. I don't even know what goes through their heads anymore...

4 hours ago, ZXrage said:

You're implying pubbies have the ability to do just that.

30 minutes ago, Strigonx said:

You're implying pubbies have the ability to do just that.

They do it by accident

The correct question is : why do anything to the T-54 ? 

There is a shitload of things to do before that.

6 hours ago, Madner Kami said:

The T54 needed to be better at said things because ... ?

No reason lol only that i dont find the changes making it super op or up, therefore i dont mind it. 

6 hours ago, MagicalFlyingFox said:

Did you play this game before the T-54 was HD?

Cant remember I think i played both? Still i was wrong saying it would make the tank strong against tier x, it already is/ can be but for sure it will make it better. 

6 hours ago, ZXrage said:

Also WG back at it again with the balance changes. Type 5 250mm """weakspot""", Batchat nerf, 2400 clip Foch, amx-30 megabuff that obsoletes the M46, M48, and STB altogether, and now it's clear that Obj. 140>T-62A. I don't even know what goes through their heads anymore...

True but I'd rather not have a weak spot than have one. Even an E5 can wasd to minimize its weaknesses but still it can get penned.

1 hour ago, DHP said:

The correct question is : why do anything to the T-54 ? 

There is a shitload of things to do before that.

Buff penetration to ~220 (D-10T2S gun) and replace HEAT with 270 APCR.

OR

Change gold ammo for D-10T2S gun to 250 and 270 for D-54 gun.

The only reason to touch T-54 is stupid 330mm HEAT.

9 minutes ago, MacusFlash said:

Buff penetration to ~220 (D-10T2S gun) and replace HEAT with 270 APCR.

OR

Change gold ammo for D-10T2S gun to 250 and 270 for D-54 gun.

The only reason to touch T-54 is stupid 330mm HEAT.

That also. For non-gold spamming players the T-54 is actually very very average now. But sprinkle some 300HEAT pen half the time and you have a monstruous machine. Nerfing gold and buffing standard should be the only "balance" this tank need. 

I dunno, I don't find these changes that bad.

T-44 will be closer gameplay-wise to higher tiers - right now the turret butter, and gun is one of the worse in T8. In this meta, it's balanced by the poor penetration. 

In T-54's case, unnecessary, yes. But, the D-54 (which I'd say is the better gun) in the changed form has a bit better gun handling and 0,7s longer reload (compared to current D-10T2S), I would not say that is a buff. Turret armor will be a buff, however cupolas and hopefully overmatch still remain. I don't think it's suddenly blatantly OP or anything.

140, yes, this is a bit strange. However WG said they want to make 140 and 62A more apart so let's see if they won't change some other stats for 140 to counter this. Also, the gun leading to 140 being more derpy suggests this aswell, maybe they'll give 140 more DPM than 430 even but similar/worse gun handling/accuracy.

PS. more than half of the T9 meds have 330HEAT, why is T-54's HEAT such an issue?

18 minutes ago, Marty said:

I dunno, I don't find these changes that bad.

T-44 will be closer gameplay-wise to higher tiers - right now the turret butter, and gun is one of the worse in T8. In this meta, it's balanced by the poor penetration. 

In T-54's case, unnecessary, yes. But, the D-54 (which I'd say is the better gun) in the changed form has a bit better gun handling and 0,7s longer reload (compared to current D-10T2S), I would not say that is a buff. Turret armor will be a buff, however cupolas and hopefully overmatch still remain. I don't think it's suddenly blatantly OP or anything.

140, yes, this is a bit strange. However WG said they want to make 140 and 62A more apart so let's see if they won't change some other stats for 140 to counter this. Also, the gun leading to 140 being more derpy suggests this aswell, maybe they'll give 140 more DPM than 430 even but similar/worse gun handling/accuracy.

PS. more than half of the T9 meds have 330HEAT, why is T-54's HEAT such an issue?

Its the fact that the 54 has more DPM than most of the other tanks at that tier and prior to the buff the 2 key was seen as an On/Off switch for the tank.