kariverson

9.20 Supertest - Soviet Medium Changes

102 posts in this topic

They will be able to cause damage from this position and live up to the idea of active Medium tanks with strong turret armor.

Oh good! Those Centurion tanks really needed this buff! After waves of nerfs due to HD remodels, there isn't really a single Brit med with half decent turret armor, despite the fact that they're all essentially ridge line snipers from tier 7 up. Kudos to WG for fixing this issue!

Let’s start with the crown jewel of the MT branch – the Object 140.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck....

4 hours ago, Marty said:

PS. more than half of the T9 meds have 330HEAT, why is T-54's HEAT such an issue?

pen, dpm, gun depression/handling, camo, armor. Pick 3 of the 5 and you have a "somewhat balanced" t9 med. T-54 with HEAT spam get 4 of those... making it "OP". T-54 with credit ammo only is actually pretty underwhelming compared to the other t9 meds.

1 hour ago, Marty said:

But, the D-54 (which I'd say is the better gun

What the holy hell are you smoking? You lose massive amounts of gun handling and DPM for 18mm extra pen that gets fixed by pressing 2. There is no reason to use the D-54 currently.

"But, the D-54 (which I'd say is the better gun) in the changed form"

Obviously meant after the buffs, although I guess I could've made it more obvious.

10 hours ago, nabucodonsor said:

Cant remember I think i played both? Still i was wrong saying it would make the tank strong against tier x, it already is/ can be but for sure it will make it better. 

Then you'd know that the T-54 doesn't need any more fucking turret armour. 

Its an extremely strong tank as it is now, why would they need to buff its protection further, closer to what it used to be when it was overpowered as fuck? 

It will make it better against tier 10 tanks, but the thing is is that it doesn't need to be. Its a tier 9 tank and it currently doesn't have too much trouble against tier 10s (with the 2 key), why the fuck does it need to be buffed then? 

At least with a turret weakspot you can reliably pen the front of the turret with standard rounds if you are in a tier 10. At least you have a way to fight back against a T-54. 

It won't be gamebreaking, but this is just another failure of WG in addressing the actual balance issues in the game and is making this game even more imbalanced than it needs to be. 

Seriously. What the fuck?

2 hours ago, MagicalFlyingFox said:

Its an extremely strong tank as it is now, why would they need to buff its protection further, closer to what it used to be when it was overpowered as fuck? 

It will make it better against tier 10 tanks, but the thing is is that it doesn't need to be. Its a tier 9 tank and it currently doesn't have too much trouble against tier 10s (with the 2 key), why the fuck does it need to be buffed then? 

At least with a turret weakspot you can reliably pen the front of the turret with standard rounds if you are in a tier 10. At least you have a way to fight back against a T-54. 

It won't be gamebreaking, but this is just another failure of WG in addressing the actual balance issues in the game and is making this game even more imbalanced than it needs to be. 

No clue but i believe they dont have one either. They generally buff tanks based on marketing decision like the Maus or the Type 5 or the 30B (and I believe the e5 was buffed as an attempt to bring back the NA community)  or for no reason at all. Maybe some russian players or devs think it is not as great as it should be? They are having problems with the russian market?

Problem is they always think about profit before gameplay. Sure they have to make money and bla bla bla, but on the long term they will kill game. They think  people have no other choice than playing Wot, because it the only arcade tank shooter in the world (WT is different and AW is dead) so they will deal with any bullshit WG comes up with. And they are right. 

This lack of competition has made so they could hire idiotic devolpers (maybe friends, friends of friends, relatives ecc) and focus more on the profit aspects than gameplay ones. So lack of competition, laziness and stupidity are destroying this game. 

11 hours ago, MagicalFlyingFox said:

Pre-HD T-54 is only overpowered with goldspam. It is mediocre at best with pure credit ammo. Buffing the turret armor would make it balanced if they also remove the 330 heat and give it back the old 297 apcr.

58 minutes ago, Hally said:

Pre-HD T-54 is only overpowered with goldspam. It is mediocre at best with pure credit ammo. Buffing the turret armor would make it balanced if they also remove the 330 heat and give it back the old 297 apcr.

In that case don't buff turret. HEAT is what makes this tank :) 

Dafuq?

I think I just sold my T-54 last month (again... for the 3rd time...)

38 minutes ago, canadiantrex said:

Dafuq?

9BOforb.jpg

1 hour ago, canadiantrex said:

Dafuq?

Send in a ticket and recover that shit?  How are you more credit poor than I?

32 minutes ago, BlackAdder said:

9BOforb.jpg

Probably because it's a bad tank?

22 minutes ago, Errants said:

Send in a ticket and recover that shit?  How are you more credit poor than I?

Is this a real question?

I'm Mr. RR22Yoloswag

1 hour ago, canadiantrex said:

Is this a real question?

I'm Mr. RR22Yoloswag

True, but you're also much better than I, so I assume you actually make a profit once and a while...

29 minutes ago, Errants said:

True, but you're also much better than I, so I assume you actually make a profit once and a while...

Lol. "Assume"

Good joke, you funny comrade.

> Let's buff the T-54 and 140 even though no one fucking asked for it
> Let's buff the Foch 155 even though no one even gives a shit about it at this point
> Let's massively fuck over the batchat even though no one fucking asked for it
> Let's keep the Maus and Type 5 as they are even though they're ruining the game
> Let's add a 490 alpha tank with 340 HEAT and a sub 9 sec reload with medium tank gun handling and mobility, even though no one fucking asked for it.

Day by day, my belief that WG's balance department consists of a couple of monkeys tossing darts at a board gets stronger and stronger

43 minutes ago, nabucodonsor said:

Did they change the guns again? https://ritastatusreport.live/2017/07/02/more-9-20-supertest-updates/

The reload on the D-10 drops to 7,1 the aim time is 2,4 with 0,37 accuracy. So wait with rammer bia food and vets you get sub 6 (~5,7) second reload? With around 0,35 accuracy and 2,2 aim time?

Like a 430 that's actually gud

Also with the T-54 turret buff rip 430 V2 and the entire line.

Holly shit they are buffing the 1st prototype !  :PogChamp:

Too bad tier 8 MM is completely fuck at this point :jebaited:

Edit: I just re-read and realized the 44-100 has 10mm less of armor compared to T-54 1st Proto.. :trump:

I'd like to thank WG for finally getting me out of my WoT addiction. 

Thanks WG!

57 minutes ago, MagicalFlyingFox said:

I'd like to thank WG for finally getting me out of my WoT addiction. 

Thanks WG!

I want to get out too, but a) my fans are not enough with this heat (i have a laptop) and wot does not boil my gpu B) cant be botherd to learn a game from scratch again c) i ve got to study and i cant get too distracted and wot keeps me away from my laptop more than else

Actually, when I think about it.... could it be that they're making these changes in order to stop the batchat and 113 spam in the esports scene? That's the only logical explanation I can think of for these changes, even though I myself don't follow the WoT esports scene

2 hours ago, robosapieo said:

Actually, when I think about it.... could it be that they're making these changes in order to stop the batchat and 113 spam in the esports scene? That's the only logical explanation I can think of for these changes, even though I myself don't follow the WoT esports scene

And 907 and 140 spam is fine?

They are russian, of course it is. Why would you ever want to see CAXs, STBs, Leopards, 30Bs and E50s in anything other than a comedy-setup or randoms?