kariverson

9.20 Supertest - Soviet Medium Changes

102 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, robosapieo said:

Actually, when I think about it.... could it be that they're making these changes in order to stop the batchat and 113 spam in the esports scene? That's the only logical explanation I can think of for these changes, even though I myself don't follow the WoT esports scene

No they are stupid and just want more money thinking this game will last forever, since they have no competitors and people will be forced to play their game. Or maybe they think this game is going to to die and want to milk the cow up to its last drop. Anyway they are arrogant idiotic retards who got lucky with a good idea and now don't know what to do with it, if not use it like a gigantic atm.

14 hours ago, robosapieo said:

> Let's add a 490 alpha tank with 340 HEAT and a sub 9 sec reload with medium tank gun handling and mobility, even though no one fucking asked for it.

what are you referencing here?

28 minutes ago, conjay810 said:

what are you referencing here?

The new 1111111-5a thing.

9 hours ago, robosapieo said:

Actually, when I think about it.... could it be that they're making these changes in order to stop the batchat and 113 spam in the esports scene? That's the only logical explanation I can think of for these changes, even though I myself don't follow the WoT esports scene

You think WG give a shit about WoT E-sports? :MingLee:

If they did care they wouldn't be doing WGL in training rooms, and had ranked battles be the same format as WGL. And actually balanced the game. And fixed pen RNG. 

is ok

:superserb:

-WoT is srs esports gaem. 

T-44 (100) ++

T-54 - -

obj. 140 -

>lower acc

>buff armor

Oabfzz6.jpg

guess all this garbage for the past long while is a good indication that this game will never rise out of its rut. 

On 7/2/2017 at 9:59 PM, SkittlesOfSteeI said:

Probably because it's a bad tank?

330 HEAT, good mobility, camo and armor. :hb:

WG has cancelled all the russian medium tank buffs because BC nerfs weren't well received by players. Though 140 will still get an armor buff.

Instead they'll buff US mediums and Type 59 gets a rebalance.

7 hours ago, RagePrincess said:

WG has cancelled all the russian medium tank buffs because BC nerfs weren't well received by players. Though 140 will still get an armor buff.

Instead they'll buff US mediums and Type 59 gets a rebalance.

It''s like they have some sort of wheel of fortune with random things and they spin it every time...

Good thing BAT 25T isn't killed to the fuckin ground (like they did with Grille 15 for example). 140 needs more armor, DA. :notlikethis:

5 minutes ago, BlackAdder said:

Good thing BAT 25T isn't killed to the fuckin ground

Nothing was said about not nerfing bat. Seems like they'll nerf bat anyway but because ppl didn't like bat nerfs they won't buff russian meds. 

RSR quotes the guy as trying to make it clear that it's a bat chat rebalance, not a nerf.  I also don't think that WG is shit at balancing, just that they have many aspects of their balancing process that leave much room for improvement.

43 minutes ago, TheMostComfortableTanker said:

RSR quotes the guy as trying to make it clear that it's a bat chat rebalance, not a nerf.  I also don't think that WG is shit at balancing, just that they have many aspects of their balancing process that leave much room for improvement.

The many aspects of their balancing process you refer to are as follows:

A) Does it make people buy a premium tank? If yes do it. 

B) Does it make people grind a line they would not have before? If yes do it.

C) Does it make people buy premium time and/or gold? If yes do it.

If the answer is not yes to one of the above then it will never happen regardless of whether it is the right thing to do.

5 hours ago, TheMostComfortableTanker said:

Alternate Facts. 

Please let them buff the type59. Lol that will melt the pub forums.

Am I going to wax my 44-1... oh nvm.

Meh T-44 buffs are fine but really I think that tank needs like 210 penetration and a 245 pen APCR round.

T-54 needs no armour buffs, just needs it's AP going up to like 230-240 and the HEAT being toned down to like 290-300. 

The T-62A and Obj. 140 I think they should do what they did back on the original sandbox, nerf their accuracy, nerf their aim times, nerf their view ranges, nerf their penetration, buff their dispersion and DPM a bit more. Make them close range brawling meds but a lot shitter at medium to long ranges where the NATO meds will be better.

As for the Bat Chat, was thinking the other day when I got outspotted by one in my WZ-131-1, they should nerf it's view range, camo and top speed, you can get like 34% base camo on a Bat Chat with 400m view range and it goes 65kph, so it;s basically the best tier 10 light. Drop the speed down to like 55-58, view range to 380-390, and camo down so you can only get to about 23-24% maxed out. Maybe buff it's dispersion a little to compensate. 

Nerfing the bat would not make the 10lts relevant. They are shit in their own right.

The Tier 10 lights, get shit DPM, shit accuracy, shit view range, plus they get oddly huge pen drop off for their APCR which no other class gets. 

The only plus for lights is good mobility. 

Lights should be snipers, no DPM of TD's but able to get to a good position fire a shot or two (accurately) and scoot. Give them standard Pen drop off over range, make the guns very accurate and I could live with the poor DPM and rubbish view range.

Otherwise almost all tier 10 mediums are better.

14 hours ago, tajj7 said:

As for the Bat Chat, was thinking the other day when I got outspotted by one in my WZ-131-1, they should nerf it's view range, camo and top speed, you can get like 34% base camo on a Bat Chat with 400m view range and it goes 65kph, so it;s basically the best tier 10 light. Drop the speed down to like 55-58, view range to 380-390, and camo down so you can only get to about 23-24% maxed out. Maybe buff it's dispersion a little to compensate. 

...Or instead of raping Bat buff the tier 10 LTs.

No need to rape Batchat "because it outclasses T10 LTs". It is more because of the fact T10 LTs are shit tanks instead of Bat being too good.

I wouldnt mind all around view range nerf with T10 meds and heavies to like 380-390 and keep LT view range at 400-410, though. Wouldnt have retarded view range to spot everything like in Sandbox, meds and HTs still wouldnt be blind as shit but LTs has clear advantage, then LTs needs other buffs like accuracy and DPM buffs. Low alpha and pen are fine, but there is no reason for them to have shit accuracy and tier 8 DPM.

9 hours ago, Ezz said:

Nerfing the bat would not make the 10lts relevant. They are shit in their own right.

Wouldn't people pretty much just play the RU hover meds when a scout is needed if the Bat got rekt?

Just now, DracoArgentum said:

Wouldn't people pretty much just play the RU hover meds when a scout is needed if the Bat got rekt?

I should put in a caveat at this point that most of my views on the 10 lights are based on the paper stats and watching others play them, so grain of salt and all that, but in either pubs or CW i can't see them being viable unless you have a strat the requires pure spotting, crazy climbing or doing mad jumps. I just can't fathom why WG have decided to arbitrarily make them worse than meds. It's not even a shift between armor mobility and firepower. They are just worse as a whole.

I said this in an earlier thread a fair while back, but the only reason why you'd use a T10 light tank is as a pure scout. You send them to the middle of the map or to a flank alone, spot shit, find a bush and stay passive forever.  

You can accomplish that with a bat but they get locked for a long time while the lights get locked for 24 hours so it doesn't matter if you die. 

For passive spotting, the STRV is superior and also has the advantage of being able to spit out huge amounts of firepower if you don't need to be passive. But it gets locked for ages so its a waste in that role. 

If you are firing your gun as a light tank, the game is already over or you're going for arty. 

2 hours ago, MagicalFlyingFox said:

I said this in an earlier thread a fair while back, but the only reason why you'd use a T10 light tank is as a pure scout. You send them to the middle of the map or to a flank alone, spot shit, find a bush and stay passive forever.  

You can accomplish that with a bat but they get locked for a long time while the lights get locked for 24 hours so it doesn't matter if you die. 

For passive spotting, the STRV is superior and also has the advantage of being able to spit out huge amounts of firepower if you don't need to be passive. But it gets locked for ages so its a waste in that role. 

If you are firing your gun as a light tank, the game is already over or you're going for arty. 

The one thing lights can do, that others can't, is getting around unspotted. Passive spotting is probably the last thing you should do with them precisely because that is what Mediums do just as well while being better in everything else. Problem being, passive spotting is so much more powerful than active scouting for a multitude of reasons:

• there's binocs and camo-net only working when stationary
  • bushes giving way too much camo-bonus to even the largest vehicles

• medium stationary camo being way too close to light camo value

• base view range differences non-existant or, stupidly, in favour of the mediums

• map-design limiting the use of spotting and scouting as a force-multiplier

Especially the last part is a huge problem, because good scouting on most maps doesn't allow the team to decide how to fight an enemy for the most part, but only to choose where to brawl the enemy. And this is obviously a problem not just for light tanks, as it negates their ability of force-multiplying, but also extends to NATO-meds in general and some NATO-heavies and -TDs right along the way as well.

21 hours ago, Madner Kami said:

The one thing lights can do, that others can't, is getting around unspotted. Passive spotting is probably the last thing you should do with them precisely because that is what Mediums do just as well while being better in everything else. Problem being, passive spotting is so much more powerful than active scouting for a multitude of reasons:

Plural "lights" is bit wrong as T-100 LT is the only light with real camo advantage. Rest of lights have pretty much have movement camo as Batchat... Nerfing medium view ranges well under what scouts have could work.

2 hours ago, sahtila said:

Plural "lights" is bit wrong as T-100 LT is the only light with real camo advantage. Rest of lights have pretty much have movement camo as Batchat...

This is objectively untrue, although moving camo is certainly too high on most mediums imo. All vehicles have a 100% crew with 100% camo-skill, no BIA, no vents, no food.

ThOqBaQ.jpg

The T100 LT has the, by far, easiest time getting around. The Rhm is a better camo-spotter, both russian meds are actually objectively better spotters than the BatChat, although the BC will usually fit a ventilation instead of a rammer, making it better effectively. It stands to reason, that all lights should also fit ventilation onto their tanks and forgo the rammer, which stacks with the camo-skill, making them even better. Of course, this fitting-choice doesn't jive all too well due to bullshit low DPM on all the lights in regard to the current map-meta, as pointed out above.