_pip_

Amx 13-75 Review - After 3 Marking It

8 posts in this topic

After 3 marking the Amx 13-75 here is my review of it. Pros and cons and what role of light tank play that suits it best. Is it better than the T-71?

I personally love my 13 75. I'm a really novice player when it comes to light tanks and especially French ones but this tank really made me fall in love with them. It is such a beast regardless what match tier it is in.

On 7/12/2017 at 10:11 AM, DirtyACE7 said:

I personally love my 13 75. I'm a really novice player when it comes to light tanks and especially French ones but this tank really made me fall in love with them. It is such a beast regardless what match tier it is in.

I'm not a novice at them, I just sucked ass in them for a really,really long time, and it's only been the last couple of months that I've started getting something approaching "good" in them (relative to my own generally mediocre play, if you like).

I was always frankly a bit scared of the French tanks generally, but especially the lights/autoloading mediums, b/c they just seemed like they'd be hard to play.  Maybe they are, maybe they aren't, but this tank is clicking for me so far.  I'm not nearly deep enough in to have a real track record (only 18 games) on the 13 75, but it's really clicking so far.  Maybe it's the knowledge that it's a paper autoloader that is making me be more mindful of SA, maybe I'm slowly getting better, who knows, but I've really been enjoying this (and the 13 57F) of late.

I have to agree with @DirtyACE7, it never feels like it's in a match where it cannot contribute, and when it's top-tier...holy moly.  The top engine makes a huge difference, too, but it's certainly playable before then.

19 hours ago, Tanager said:

I'm not a novice at them, I just sucked ass in them for a really,really long time, and it's only been the last couple of months that I've started getting something approaching "good" in them (relative to my own generally mediocre play, if you like).

I was always frankly a bit scared of the French tanks generally, but especially the lights/autoloading mediums, b/c they just seemed like they'd be hard to play.  Maybe they are, maybe they aren't, but this tank is clicking for me so far.  I'm not nearly deep enough in to have a real track record (only 18 games) on the 13 75, but it's really clicking so far.  Maybe it's the knowledge that it's a paper autoloader that is making me be more mindful of SA, maybe I'm slowly getting better, who knows, but I've really been enjoying this (and the 13 57F) of late.

I have to agree with @DirtyACE7, it never feels like it's in a match where it cannot contribute, and when it's top-tier...holy moly.  The top engine makes a huge difference, too, but it's certainly playable before then.

This is what I was afraid of too. The tanks being difficult to play as they require their own special play style but they seem to have agreed with me so far. I started to get the auto loader play style with the AMX 12t. You have to pick your engagements differently. You always ask yourself whether you can clip out your potential target and then you use your great speed to close in for the kill but trying to stay more or less unspotted doing so as you are made of cardboard and will die easily. Also you have to be more opportunistic and if you see a distracted target, get on their flank or back and unload your clip into them, then get the hell out as you will be extremely vulnerable during the reload. The overall style is very fast and furious at times and at other times you are biding your time, being kind passive, waiting for an opportunity to strike.

Played this originally for 45 battles when I sucked,  on way to batchat. Before wn8 values,  so I used to just yolo up tank lines like a scrub.  Had 500 average damage and 44%wr... Rebought it Saturday,  it's a beast. Have the damage up a good bit after a handful of games,  the wr is gonna take a few hundred though. I think this is better than the t71,  I just can't love the t71 anymore,  prefer the shorter clip on the 1375 also. 

Is it bad that I consider this tank my own personal hell? It may be because I played through the tank in 2 days, and the last tier 7 light with an autoloader I played was the Bulldog, but this thing is complete and utter flaming garbage to me. I free xp'ed it to full modules before my first battle, and free xp'ed the last 20xp - 30k xp to the Bat Chat 12t (thanks to reserves and labor day bonus this was only like 4 to 6 battles worth of xp, I just didn't want to play it anymore). Maybe I'm just playing it wrong. Stats from my short tenure in the tank: 

2017-09-05 19_50_23-WoT Client.png

10 hours ago, Nicarasu said:

Is it bad that I consider this tank my own personal hell? It may be because I played through the tank in 2 days, and the last tier 7 light with an autoloader I played was the Bulldog, but this thing is complete and utter flaming garbage to me. I free xp'ed it to full modules before my first battle, and free xp'ed the last 20xp - 30k xp to the Bat Chat 12t (thanks to reserves and labor day bonus this was only like 4 to 6 battles worth of xp, I just didn't want to play it anymore). Maybe I'm just playing it wrong. Stats from my short tenure in the tank: 

2017-09-05 19_50_23-WoT Client.png

1. You haven't played enough games in it to know for sure.  I've got 64, but even that is too few.  The rule of thumb around here is 200 games before you know, "how good you are in a tank for sure."

2. Your stats are just fine - in fact, they're nearly identical to my own, other than win rate.  2295 wn8 makes this your fourth-highest rated tank.  944 dpg is nothing to at which to scoff.  Not unicorn, sure, but you're in the 99%+ percentile, for sure.  If you keep up what you're doing, you'll be helping your team way more than you'll be hurting them.

Just got my first MoE.  That's nothing special, but it's only the second scout ever (after the WZ-131) in which I've gotten *any* marks.  Kinda stoked, and still really, really enjoying this little tonk.