kunjuro

Achtung! IS-7 Buffs and Soviet TD Rebalance (9.20)

76 posts in this topic

Right now, this is the info posted on thearmoredpatrol page and WoT's FB:

IS-7

• Real power-to-weight ratio increased from 15.4 hp/t to 19 hp/t
  • HP increased from 2150 to 2400
  • Aim time decreased from 3.1s to 2.9s

ISU-152

• HP increased from 1010 to 1100
  • BL-10 replaced with D-4S (pen decreased to 260/292/90, probably new visual)
  • Some 122mm guns removed to ease grinds (A19 and D-25T?)

Object 704

• D-4S gun added

Object 268

• Shell velocity increased from 760 m/s to 950 m/s
  • Horizontal gun arc doubled

Thoughts? Will the IS-7 pose a threat to the 113 now? Will ISU-152 users sell their TDs now that the OP gun is going kaput? 

Here the WG screenshots, cause I like screenshots 

3nbWTL7.png

hpXSkE4.png

Well, I expected the aimtime buff for the IS7 but I did expect a dpm buff as well. Lets see how this mobility buff turns out. But so far I would still prefer the new WZ 11111111111. 

Obj 268 is a nice quality of life change. Doesn't the characteristics of the tank but makes bushwanking more comfortable. 

Object 268 actually received meaningful buff? WHAT IS GOING ON

Was hoping the IS-7 buffs would be excessive like the Maus', and they are :serb:

9 minutes ago, robosapieo said:

Was hoping the IS-7 buffs would be excessive like the Maus', and they are :serb:

I think you're wrong.

Even with these eventual stats it cannot compete with e.g. the new Chinese tier X heavy. I'd say it remains the weakest tier X heavy.

10% DPM buff would make it competitive and anything above 15, 20% DPM buff would make it stronger than its competition.

12 minutes ago, robosapieo said:

Meh.. you still have abyssimal DPM.

It's going to be a good tank now. No way near E5 or worse.. Maus.

It now has more HP/Ton than 113 and all of the RU Meds,  and as many HP/T as a 50B.  Typical WG balance - Lets throw gun, mobility AND survivability buffs against wall at same same time and see what sticks.

At least now its no longer flat out worse than a T10 in every way.

As long as ISU keeps 750 alpha gun, I'll keep it.  I'm surprised it didn't get an autoloader

:oscar:

IS7s problem was never the HP/T but the shitty ground resistance stats. HP/T means close to nothing in this game with all the hidden stats. 

I didn't say the IS-7 changes are gonna make it overpowered. They still haven't even fixed the main problem with the tank i.e the godawful traverse speed, cancerous gun handling, DPM, and the weak APCR penetration. A 0.2 sec aimtime improvement will barely make a difference, especially when compared to the 5A's 2.4 sec aimtime. I merely said that these changes are ridiculous (better power-to-weight than most meds) and unnecessary. Only decent and needed change is the increased HP.

3 minutes ago, hall0 said:

IS7s problem was never the HP/T but the shitty ground resistance stats. HP/T means close to nothing in this game with all the hidden stats. 

True, making the terrain resistances non-retarded would have been better, but that would also make the IS-7 uncomfortably similar to the 5a, which they are clearly trying to avoid. Right now, the 5A has comfort and agility, while the IS-7 will have better straight line mobility, and better and more reliable armour, in exchange for trash DPM. I don't see the 5A seeing much use in CW since it's UFP and parts of its turret remain vulnerable to heatspam (the nominal 300mm is a lie - esp when using full gundep); OTOH IS-7 spam might just be a legit strat.

You know the best thing? The IS-7 was the best yardstick to use regarding tier 10s since its been balanced for a very long time. The fact that it needs a buff to be competitive speaks wonders about WG's balancing department. 

edit: By balanced i mean you can roll your face over your keyboard and do 3k damage. 

41 minutes ago, hall0 said:

French tanks agreed. 

CDC is like super powerful yet sluggish.

Posted (edited)

It's interesting. It all depends on how fast and if it will be able to pick up and mantain the 60km/h. It might be able to beat mediums to offensive positions allowing it to gain map control. And who cares about handling when you get your bunker turret in a very offensive position spearheading trough enemy lines. It may allow super map control early on. The HP buff also will help in that direction. 2,4 for an assault tank is nothing to laugh at. 

All in all it is all up to see how fast it can go. If it will be fast, then we will have a top tier tier tank in tier x meta. 

It will be just slower than an e50m since they will have same hp/t but the is7 gets worse terrain stats. 

Edited by nabucodonsor

IS-7 still lacks good dpm and gold rounds. Good buff but not something that would make it totally over shadow the 113 either.

IS-7 should be fine now, aimtime and a little bit better mobility leaves a nice alternative to the heavium gameplay that is more on the heavy side. It's still got by far the best turret in the game and being impervious while still having your gun on the target is something people really take for granted. The IS-7 and E3 are the only tanks that can really do that in the entire game so the tank can actually afford to sit out and aim for it's aimtime without risking a penned shot back, unlike a 62A or 113. 

I think this is fair, it's not the best tank but it's never been bad at what it does either. Now it's a little more comfortable to play which is just fine. Buffing the gun is very dangerous for a tank that can sit out without getting hit back anyway. 

268 is a straight up good buff. It's what it needed and now it might not be the worst tank of the entire line. 

5 minutes ago, Zepherex said:

IS-7 still lacks good dpm and gold rounds. Good buff but not something that would make it totally over shadow the 113 either.

DPM i guess so now, especially with the 5a coming. A 2s difference with the same alpha is just pitiful, especially when the Maus has better reload. The gold rounds though i find more than enough. APCR makes it 5000x better than 340 HEAT and it doesn't have too much trouble even against Maus'.

1 minute ago, MagicalFlyingFox said:

DPM i guess so now, especially with the 5a coming. A 2s difference with the same alpha is just pitiful, especially when the Maus has better reload. The gold rounds though i find more than enough. APCR makes it 5000x better than 340 HEAT and it doesn't have too much trouble even against Maus'.

303 APCR is garbage for trying to pen Maus it was bad enough when E100's only had to angle the turret 15 degrees to reliably bounce it, now half the time it can even pen a maus when it's looking at you.

2 minutes ago, Zepherex said:

303 APCR is garbage for trying to pen Maus it was bad enough when E100's only had to angle the turret 15 degrees to reliably bounce it

you sure? I'm pretty sure you need like 25 degrees to reliably bounce 300+ pen. Its 8mm less than the 128mm APCR.

1 minute ago, MagicalFlyingFox said:

you sure? I'm pretty sure you need like 25 degrees to reliably bounce 300+ pen. Its 8mm less than the 128mm APCR.

You're lower than an E100/Maus so yeah kinda sucks when you have to point up to shoot the turret in most brawling situations.

Just now, Zepherex said:

You're lower than an E100/Maus so yeah kinda sucks when you have to point up to shoot the turret in most brawling situations.

It does even out for the E 100 though, since you're lower your own LFP gets stronger as long as its faced forward so you don't give a UFP shot. 

Upside for E 100 is that you can track+damage but for Maus APCR is literally only a downside due to HEAT being way better on angled surfaces. 45 deg Maus can still be penned with HEAT but good luck with IS-7 APCR :serb: 

1 hour ago, Archaic_One said:

It now has more HP/Ton than 113 and all of the RU Meds,  and as many HP/T as a 50B.  Typical WG balance - Lets throw gun, mobility AND survivability buffs against wall at same same time and see what sticks.

At least now its no longer flat out worse than a T10 in every way.

As long as ISU keeps 750 alpha gun, I'll keep it.  I'm surprised it didn't get an autoloader

:oscar:

Go straight line so fast that it will fail to turn effectively.

If they don't touch the resistances and traverse that is what I am expecting.

IS-7 terrain resistances is "worst" from its 1.25/1.73 ratio. Loses lot of traverse (28%) on medium terrain, and we are not into acceleration yet.

1 minute ago, Zepherex said:

I guess playing on the ASIA server doesn't help since the E100/Maus drivers generally don't know how to turn their turret and they usually end up leaving their LFP exposed when you're close enough for the height difference to be an issue. Fighting them near ridges like on Westfield though... 

Russian gun anyway, so aim at the police bar and it hits for me. 

Black Prince getting 20 pounder?

Caernarvon getting buffed to be reasonably competative?

FV215b put in a place where it can finally be used in CW/SH without being instantly deleted?

No? Then I don't care and whatever the change is, it is pointless, needless and should not be done.

Not listed in the initial poast:

• Turret rotation bloom reduced from 0.077 to 0.058
  • Hull movement bloom reduced from 0.182 to 0.153
  • Hull rotation bloom reduced from 0.182 to 0.153
  • Turret rotation max. bloom reduced from 1.92 to 1.44
  • Hull movement max. bloom reduced from 10.86 to 9.14
  • Hull rotation max. bloom reduced from 5.1 to 4.3