Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kaneaaa

EU mentor wanted

15 posts in this topic

I'm kind of stuck in my gameplay and just want some casual mentoring from time to time. If anyone is interested please say. 

Well sure, would you care to elaborate on what in particular you need help with? Hows your english, do you have TS? 

I dunno how active I'm during the summer, but I can help you occasionally...

That would be really helpful. Well, I'm trying to get good at tier 8 in my premiums, and I just find it frustrating. I don't do too badly but I just can't get the consistency and reliability i can at lower tiers. Any tips on how to get better (for example in skorpion g or patriot) would be great and i am English and have teamspeak. I am bright but also cant find a method of learning which will help me get to the next level of my game play. 

5 hours ago, kaneaaa said:

That would be really helpful. Well, I'm trying to get good at tier 8 in my premiums, and I just find it frustrating. I don't do too badly but I just can't get the consistency and reliability i can at lower tiers. Any tips on how to get better (for example in skorpion g or patriot) would be great and i am English and have teamspeak. I am bright but also cant find a method of learning which will help me get to the next level of my game play. 

Tier 8 is kinda awkward, not enough abilities to bully low tiers in general, but totally outclassed by tier 9s and especially 10s. That's the reason why most good players tend to play tier10s. Platooning after recent updates have been totally demoralizing at lower tiers. You're never gonna be top tier in platoons anymore, so that would be an uphill struggle for both of us. So it would be preferably tier 10s and 9s, that's where the gameplay is anyways?

That being said, you could send me an friend invite, since I don't respond kindly to random platoon invites:babyrage:

In the meantime:

Scorpion G is a support/sniper tank. You don't have any armor, so if you choose to engage at shorter distances, use your teammates HP and hit enemies for 490 during their reload cycle.

Patriot is more like a medium than an heavy tank. Use the good gun depression, ergo get hulldown, and good DPM. I would ideally put the tank alongside mediums, not heavies.

I guess I'm gonna be the one with the terrible accent in English then? Oh dear....:MingLee:

11 hours ago, SaintLaurentius said:

Tier 8 is kinda awkward, not enough abilities to bully low tiers in general, but totally outclassed by tier 9s and especially 10s. That's the reason why most good players tend to play tier10s. Platooning after recent updates have been totally demoralizing at lower tiers. You're never gonna be top tier in platoons anymore, so that would be an uphill struggle for both of us. So it would be preferably tier 10s and 9s, that's where the gameplay is anyways?

That being said, you could send me an friend invite, since I don't respond kindly to random platoon invites:babyrage:

In the meantime:

Scorpion G is a support/sniper tank. You don't have any armor, so if you choose to engage at shorter distances, use your teammates HP and hit enemies for 490 during their reload cycle.

Patriot is more like a medium than an heavy tank. Use the good gun depression, ergo get hulldown, and good DPM. I would ideally put the tank alongside mediums, not heavies.

I guess I'm gonna be the one with the terrible accent in English then? Oh dear....:MingLee:

Sounds great. Yes more than happy to play tier 9 and 10 and learn from there, I will send a friend request. I have some tanks on those tiers I enjoy a lot, and want to learn how to be stronger with tanks like Russian meds and conqueror (the fv215b gives me a bit of a headache, but I still like it). One day I hope to be sharp on those tiers, but I would really benefit from some help whenever you are available. Yes I have been playing the patriot wrong as a front line brawler (just got it) but I will play it as a medium and see now. I do like the tank a lot though, it's quite fun. 

p.s. just out of interest which tier 9s and 10s do you enjoy the most?

I don't really do platoons but if you want I'd be happy to help you out with analyzing your replays and give you feedback in that sense. 

I also kind of prefer this way, even though you can't really control the game in post mortem you can still slow the game down much more, really nitpick and see what actually went wrong/right. In over 40K games played I've only had a single game that I'd call perfect so no matter the level you play at there's obviously room for improvement. 

I'd be making videos of them (takes less time than actually writing it up in text) and posting them to YT, of course I could unlist them as I've done with several people who want their games to be private :) 

54 minutes ago, kaneaaa said:

p.s. just out of interest which tier 9s and 10s do you enjoy the most?

I only own T-55A and M46 Paddon on tier 9 atm, I could start playing with the E-75, but whats the point. E-100 is so outclassed these days.

Tier 10s, hmmm.... I would say anything fast: 13 105, B-C 25t, Leo1. But I do enjoy few games in the IS-7(veri stronk) and FV4005 (even stronkier tenk) occasionally. I'ts kinda satisfying to shoot at super heavies(Maus and Type 5) and do 600 damage minimum, or just pretty much pen on flat surfaces for 1,1k.

So dont worry, I can match your tanks accordingly...

3 minutes ago, Kolni said:

Nice negative battle count on the signature you, you...... you reroll!:trump:

2 minutes ago, SaintLaurentius said:

I only own T-55A and M46 Paddon on tier 9 atm, I could start playing with the E-75, but whats the point. E-100 is so outclassed these days.

Tier 10s, hmmm.... I would say anything fast: 13 105, B-C 25t, Leo1. But I do enjoy few games in the IS-7(veri stronk) and FV4005 (even stronkier tenk) occasionally. I'ts kinda satisfying to shoot at super heavies(Maus and Type 5) and do 600 damage minimum, or just pretty much pen on flat surfaces for 1,1k.

So dont worry, I can match your tanks accordingly...

Nice negative battle count on the signature you, you...... you reroll!:trump:

it'll be fixed soonTM :kappa: 

7 hours ago, Kolni said:

I don't really do platoons but if you want I'd be happy to help you out with analyzing your replays and give you feedback in that sense. 

I also kind of prefer this way, even though you can't really control the game in post mortem you can still slow the game down much more, really nitpick and see what actually went wrong/right. In over 40K games played I've only had a single game that I'd call perfect so no matter the level you play at there's obviously room for improvement. 

I'd be making videos of them (takes less time than actually writing it up in text) and posting them to YT, of course I could unlist them as I've done with several people who want their games to be private :) 

Sure, that's kind of you. Which replays should I send, games in which I think I did well or badly in? 

1 hour ago, kaneaaa said:

Sure, that's kind of you. Which replays should I send, games in which I think I did well or badly in? 

Mediocre ones (around your avg dpg and preferably losses) and preferably long games (as in not yoloing in doing 2k and dying)

15 hours ago, Kolni said:

Mediocre ones (around your avg dpg and preferably losses) and preferably long games (as in not yoloing in doing 2k and dying)

I have a replay of a loss with lttb but i dont know how to share it? what's the best way?

Upload it to wotreplays or just use a filehost, then PM me the link or just post it here

12 hours ago, Kolni said:

Upload it to wotreplays or just use a filehost, then PM me the link or just post it here

My lttb replay (my other one got corrupted) and tiger. 

http://wotreplays.com/site/3699439#sand_river-kaneaaa-lttb 

and tiger

http://wotreplays.com/site/3699445#sand_river-kaneaaa-tiger_i

Also Batchat replay tier 10:

http://wotreplays.com/site/3699458#live_oaks-kaneaaa-bat_-ch_tillon_25_t

On 2017-07-11 at 1:01 PM, kaneaaa said:

these are 9.19 so they don't work i'm afraid

On 17/07/2017 at 5:00 PM, Kolni said:

these are 9.19 so they don't work i'm afraid

Oh right, do they go out of date when the patches get implemented? That's annoying. I will send another set soon, thanks.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0