kaneaaa

Geforce gtx graphics cards: which is best for high-end performance in WOT

60 posts in this topic

I don't know whether geforce gtx 1050ti, 1060 or higher is best for wot? Which graphics card would you recommend? I would like my fps to be at least 100 on high settings. 

Higher is better, obviously. A 1080ti is going to perform far better than a 1050ti, but that doesn't mean you need to buy it. What monitor do you have? What is its resolution and refresh rate? Will you only be playing WoT or other games aswell?

17 minutes ago, robosapieo said:

Higher is better, obviously. A 1080ti is going to perform far better than a 1050ti, but that doesn't mean you need to buy it. What monitor do you have? What is its resolution and refresh rate? Will you only be playing WoT or other games aswell?

Well i only play wot, i have an ACER S271HL for monitor. I want to change my graphics card to one which will last for years, and give high performance for wot. I have an i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40 GHz 16Gb memory. I don't like my AMD Radeon (TM) R7 360 Series card and want it changed but i dont want a stupidly high card which gives no real benefit. I'm also not very techy so have little idea about graphics cards...

I talked to the shop guy and he said geforce 1050ti would be good, but i have no idea, and i dont want something thats going to be outdated soon as the game gets updated. Much rather shell out more money for a good long-term purchase.

Could you give us what you're willing to shell out price wise? So, like your price range this will help others get straight to the point with there recommendations thanks 

That monitor has a 60HZ refresh rate, which means it can't display any more than 60 FPS. A 1050ti is definitely going to be fine for tanks at max settings at 60+ fps, but you might as well get a 1060 (if you can afford it) just to be on the safe side. The graphics update that's coming soon might be a bit more taxing on the GPU, and you'll also be able to play most other games at 60FPS with max settings

1060/1070 have decent money/performance values so there's always that. 

Now performance in WoT is pretty useless since the game is so poorly optimized you'll end up with more than "necessary" once the HD maps are released that actually might have some optimization. But consider that the game will be considerably heavier to run maxed out in probably less than a year due to the HD maps (they will only keep one render so all maps should turn HD) + physics with havok so you should probably upgrade with that in mind. 

I still recommend a 1070. I've scaled the resolution up 1.5x and it ran 4K maxed out on a 1080p screen at 60fps. Couldnt notice any difference forcing 1440p at Max while having 3 screens active with movies and other stuff compared to the native res either at 144Hz and stable 120 FPS

Pick up a decent 1070, OC it and that should last you quite a while of maxed out WoT at 1440p

A used GTX970 or a new 1060 (6GB) - slightly faster -  should be a safe bet for the near future. With the current mining craze, prices are insane though.

Slight reminder but 1070 are stupidly overprice right now so try to avoid it. 

So ideally gtx 1070 but its very expensive? 

3 hours ago, SmyleeRage said:

Could you give us what you're willing to shell out price wise? So, like your price range this will help others get straight to the point with there recommendations thanks 

Well I would be willing to pay a lot only if its worth the price (so up to 1080ti price) but like I said I don't want to throw money uselessly as all I would use it for is wot.

3 hours ago, Kolni said:

1060/1070 have decent money/performance values so there's always that. 

Now performance in WoT is pretty useless since the game is so poorly optimized you'll end up with more than "necessary" once the HD maps are released that actually might have some optimization. But consider that the game will be considerably heavier to run maxed out in probably less than a year due to the HD maps (they will only keep one render so all maps should turn HD) + physics with havok so you should probably upgrade with that in mind. 

I still recommend a 1070. I've scaled the resolution up 1.5x and it ran 4K maxed out on a 1080p screen at 60fps. Couldnt notice any difference forcing 1440p at Max while having 3 screens active with movies and other stuff compared to the native res either at 144Hz and stable 120 FPS

Pick up a decent 1070, OC it and that should last you quite a while of maxed out WoT at 1440p

This ^

My 1070 can max WoT at 1440p 144hz. 

1060 should be more then enough for 1080p 60hz.

Tried to buy a 1070 yesterday and was told by the supplier they weren't sure whether they'd be able to supply at the list price so they refunded. Seemed odd they'd still list cards despite the pricing issues.

More on topic, was looking at the 1070 more for other games than WoT. Have a 960 that pulls high details about 50 fps @ 1440 so decent enough.

so will the 1070 have the staying power to last a very long time?

No point in buying a 1070 at the moment. You're better off shelling the extra $50 to $100 for the 1080 if you're looking at spending the money for a 1070.

Only real issue would be your PSU.  

19 minutes ago, MagicalFlyingFox said:

No point in buying a 1070 at the moment. You're better off shelling the extra $50 to $100 for the 1080 if you're looking at spending the money for a 1070.

Only real issue would be your PSU.  

^ Agreed. You said that you can afford a 1080ti. That's one of the few cards that's actually being sold at MSRP at the moment. If you can afford it, you might as well get it. The rest of your rig seems pretty strong. If paired up with a 1080ti, that PC of yours could very well last 4-5 years without needing any upgrades (though, as flyingfox said, your PSU could be a problem)

WOT is not a very heavy game. My gtx1080 at 4k does a good 80-100 fps

8 minutes ago, robosapieo said:

^ Agreed. You said that you can afford a 1080ti. That's one of the few cards that's actually being sold at MSRP at the moment. If you can afford it, you might as well get it. The rest of your rig seems pretty strong. If paired up with a 1080ti, that PC of yours could very well last 4-5 years without needing any upgrades (though, as flyingfox said, your PSU could be a problem)

what's a psu

Power supply unit. How many watts is yours?

1 minute ago, MagicalFlyingFox said:

Power supply unit. How many watts is yours?

How do i find that out?

Open up your PC and have a look I guess. 

Should be written on there somewhere. 

7 hours ago, robosapieo said:

That monitor has a 60HZ refresh rate, which means it can't display any more than 60 FPS. A 1050ti is definitely going to be fine for tanks at max settings at 60+ fps, but you might as well get a 1060 (if you can afford it) just to be on the safe side. The graphics update that's coming soon might be a bit more taxing on the GPU, and you'll also be able to play most other games at 60FPS with max settings

people dont seem to understand that although the refresh rate is locked to 60hz, that won't stop the extra frames from being visible.

I wouldnt limit yourself a xx50 series Ti if you're looking for http://www.zerochan.net/2023627 longevity.

Keep in mind that volta is around the corner as well.

3 minutes ago, Fulcrous said:

people dont seem to understand that although the refresh rate is locked to 60hz, that won't stop the extra frames from being visible.

I wouldnt limit yourself a xx50 series Ti if you're looking for http://www.zerochan.net/2023627 longevity.

Keep in mind that volta is around the corner as well.

can you explain a bit more slowly, I am really not techy!! What did you mean about the refresh rate?

3 minutes ago, Fulcrous said:

Explain what you mean.

Ie, if your monitor is putting out 60fps, how will the extra frames be visible?

11 minutes ago, Ezz said:

Explain what you mean.

Ie, if your monitor is putting out 60fps, how will the extra frames be visible?

Screen tearing, the monitor may display multiple frames at once.

Something that's slightly more useful than trying to decipher what bit of the screen came from what frame is that the monitor might display a more recent frame, depending on the internal hardware and software.

3 minutes ago, TouchFluffyTail said:

Screen tearing, the monitor may display multiple frames at once.

Something that's slightly more useful than trying to decipher what bit of the screen came from what frame is that the monitor might display a more recent frame, depending on the internal hardware and software.

That's not displaying the extra frames tho - only parts thereof. And in the case of LCDs is detrimental to the experience.

Display lag is another matter again - and typically not related to how many frames you are throwing at a monitor.

I have no idea what is going on....  anyone speak English here? :D