Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kaneaaa

Is it worth learning to mountain goat?

17 posts in this topic

I dont goat at the moment. Clearly if you learned, there are major advantages in some situation, but is wg planning on removing ability to mountain goat? 

Yes, No, Maybe.
There are a FEW good spots for randoms, but most spots are only either dependent on the team failing, or useful for Clan Wars/Tourny play for spotting. 

Only for the Swedish TDs imho. For bat and if ranked comes back there are a few spots that work but light tanks sometimes suck at goating since their tracks are not wide enough to get grip in some points and the margin of error is too small. 

Other than that maybe that 1-2 spots. 

4 hours ago, 1n_Soviet_Russia said:

Don't be a faggot and git gud.

I mountain goat as arta so my friends can't TK me

I'd suggest to learn the 0 Line boost in sacred valley to go chase boosted shitters

Skip learning that and learn something useful and fun instead.

If you want it’s worth sometimes but please do it in training room, i hate retards on sacred valley trying to boost themselves and spending whole game failing. 

I hate boosts but i hate stupid players more. 

Some boosts offer different playstyles and make maps slightly more dynamic (i.e. 9 line on mines) or the hill boosts on cliff.
Others just add more cancer to the game (i.e. steppes north spawn/mountain pass north spawn/arctic region south spawn).

Klimbing iz phun

xwamHsI.jpg

In all seriousness, there are only a few climbs that are actually useful/broken in randoms, useful to know when you can use them but most of the time you will never be in a situation where you can use them effectivly.

As for WG fixing the climbs: How long did it take them to fix something as simple as the E5-cupola?

It is clear that at this point WG doesn't give too much of a fuck anymore.

Some boosts might be useful for competitive modes such as tournaments, CW or Advances tho so you might want to learn those.

the question is , is wg actually removing all these boost areas in the next patch, or will they remain?

I watched many climbing game play video, it is so obvious that they were handpicked to showcase how well it works when it works. In all of them the guy were facing brain dead enemies. When you face brain dead people all positions would work anyway.

I've only seen effective goating on 3 maps, Mines, Sacred Valley and Cliff. And they were abused by Swede TD's and E25's.

On 13.07.2017 at 2:29 PM, Fabunil said:

Klimbing iz phun

xwamHsI.jpg

In all seriousness, there are only a few climbs that are actually useful/broken in randoms, useful to know when you can use them but most of the time you will never be in a situation where you can use them effectivly.

As for WG fixing the climbs: How long did it take them to fix something as simple as the E5-cupola?

It is clear that at this point WG doesn't give too much of a fuck anymore.

Is that area reachable by lights? I've seen people in arty and kv2s do it but not in lights. My amx 13 90 pissess me off because it gets so little traction vs the bat chat and it makes less sense to mountain goat in the bat chat since the gun is so much more useful. 

4 hours ago, hazzgar said:

Is that area reachable by lights? I've seen people in arty and kv2s do it but not in lights. My amx 13 90 pissess me off because it gets so little traction vs the bat chat and it makes less sense to mountain goat in the bat chat since the gun is so much more useful. 

Pretty sure that every tank is the game can get up there one way or another.

On 19.07.2017 at 9:12 PM, Fabunil said:

Pretty sure that every tank is the game can get up there one way or another.

The thing is the climbs I've seen were only on heavies. 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0