Egospartan

How about some WZ 111 5a Love

33 posts in this topic

So far I am enjoying this tank.   Fast the gun is not a total potato; I even snipped a few tanks. I wonder if it will replace the 113 as meta?

For randoms? Maybe. Competitive? No.

hmm just wondering, have you played it or any games in the last 30 days?

6 minutes ago, Egospartan said:

Test Server (CT) does exist, yes?

In my experience from CT and by watching some streams, the WZs hull armor is trash, but the gun characteristics are marginally better in it. For organized game play (CW, ESL, SH) you need armored tanks too, so I dont think it will be viable for those...

46 minutes ago, Egospartan said:

It has hull armor that doesn't work, at all, in any situation. 113 armor can atleast be abused and worked with and it can sidescrape too, it's better for competitive for sure.

Unless the 5a is faster than the 113, its not going to be replacing the 113 anytime soon in CW.

That's the way it seems to me also.  I do enjoy it so far in randoms.

its an overcorrection on WGs end and it might actually see some buffs soon to be a little bit more different 

expect better soft stats

113 has module issues that I didnt have in the 1-5 at all though

From a sample today of 10 battles , i was only ammo racked once today .Cant say that for the 113 . WZ has less than a sec reload more than 113 but i think the gun handling is better on WZ . Frontal gun depression is way better than 113  . 113 sides -7 front -5 ,  WZ -7 all around and trust me it makes a difference . 

I find the turret bouncier on WZ , hull down you can bounce them all day , Mobility wise they almost have the same Power per ton WZ is 5 tons heavier but has 100 hit points less if i remember right.

All in All not really any big differences to say one is better than the other apart from maybe 490 alpha vs 450  oh and WZ is way cooler looking lol.

in the clan cup, we are using 10 5A's on attack on ghost town, they seem to be doing just fine

4 minutes ago, Luna said:

in the clan cup, we are using 10 5A's on attack on ghost town, they seem to be doing just fine

to be fair. on shit clans. I don't think it will work on good teams

So not worth the grind over 113?

8 minutes ago, GotTank said:

Its different, a different flavor. Think 111-14 upgrade. You can trade like a BOSS over the 113 with a slightly better turret, but lose out on the upper front armor. But, that DPM and 490 alpha... @CraBeatOff if you need a taste, lemme know

1 hour ago, GotTank said:

Depends on if you can get into hull down positions or not. At -7 depression, the entire ufp is immune to ap/apcr, and very resistant vs 340 heat. If caught in the open.. the UFP sucks.

I think 113 is better at close range brawling, while the wz works best at hill fighting or mid range..

so far every guy who was against me in this tank traded one shot and died because they can't use it properly.. this means that better players will farm 4.5k ez in randoms

for me, its time to grind the 121 tho

4 hours ago, TheMarine0341 said:

Its different, a different flavor. Think 111-14 upgrade. You can trade like a BOSS over the 113 with a slightly better turret, but lose out on the upper front armor. But, that DPM and 490 alpha... @CraBeatOff if you need a taste, lemme know

The 5A has like 50mm thick armour on the lower rim of the turret which becomes a problem when hulldown, it does have an otherwise stronger turret face, however.

1 hour ago, WhatTheSkara said:

I think 113 is better at close range brawling, while the wz works best at hill fighting or mid range..

113 is still kind of bad for brawling given that its UFP loses effectiveness the closer you are. It's better off sidescraping around mid range or hiding its LFP, both of which it does much better than the 5A. The 5A OTOH is much better for fighting on terrain with its frontal turret and -7 frontal gun dep.

In reality the 5A has hole in the mantlet on left side if you are facing the gun. It is quite big.

It can be autopenned by heat if i remember correctly, but i cant remember if standard apcr on a medium works as well.

38 minutes ago, nabucodonsor said:

In reality the 5A has hole in the mantlet on left side if you are facing the gun. It is quite big.

It can be autopenned by heat if i remember correctly, but i cant remember if standard apcr on a medium works as well.

It's 300mm of spaced armour with nothing beneath it. HEAT will slice through it quite nicely but not standard APCR. IMO you're better off just dunking HEAT into the hull, but trading with a hulldown 5A seems like a dumb idea given the choice.

BTW is it just me or does this thing completely obsolete the T110E5?

This thing has

1. no tumour,
  2. 90 more alpha, AND, for some reason
  3. more DPM,
  4. turret armour,
  5. side armour,
  6. is not locked at 37 km/h,
  7. does not have a retarded reverse speed,
  8. is even more agile

It has about the same amount of effective gun depression thanks to turret placement, and all of that in exchange for:

• slightly worse pen (who shoots AP anyway? its the cykaheavy meta)
  • aim time 
  • worse UFP

E5 has weird bouncy hull which means you don't need to be defensive to bully. Not completely obsolete since you still need to aim to pen an E5.

1 hour ago, lavawing said:

It's 300mm of spaced armour with nothing beneath it. HEAT will slice through it quite nicely but not standard APCR. IMO you're better off just dunking HEAT into the hull, but trading with a hulldown 5A seems like a dumb idea given the choice.

BTW is it just me or does this thing completely obsolete the T110E5?

This thing has

1. no tumour,
  2. 90 more alpha, AND, for some reason
  3. more DPM,
  4. turret armour,
  5. side armour,
  6. is not locked at 37 km/h,
  7. does not have a retarded reverse speed,
  8. is even more agile

It has about the same amount of effective gun depression thanks to turret placement, and all of that in exchange for:

• slightly worse pen (who shoots AP anyway? its the cykaheavy meta)
  • aim time 
  • worse UFP

I was thinking the same thing but only the centre lower part of the tumor is very weak and you can still wiggle it or use you gun to sort of protect it. If you can hide it the turret becomes much better. Aim time does make a  difference when you have to fight mediums and better ap is bullshit since 8mm is nothing with 25% rng. 

About the lower plate that is weird sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt. It's armour is rng based so you have n chance to increase you survivability. You cant rely on it but it works. 

Why do people keep claiming it has a better turret than the 113.

It doesnt, its the opposite: the WZ has slightly bigger cupolas and the HEAT-able area in the turretfront is slightly bigger because there is a giant hole behind the 300mm thick gunmantlet.

4 hours ago, Fabunil said:

Why do people keep claiming it has a better turret than the 113.

It doesnt, its the opposite: the WZ has slightly bigger cupolas and the HEAT-able area in the turretfront is slightly bigger because there is a giant hole behind the 300mm thick gunmantlet.

Cupolas cannot be targeted if you are using -7 depression; that's the only turret advantage I can think of.