Egospartan

How about some WZ 111 5a Love

55 posts in this topic

Had a couple people do HT15-4 already in the 5A.

Trying to figure out why it gets more ammo and alpha over the 113

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

CHINA WILL GROW LARGER

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/14/2017 at 8:50 AM, SkittlesOfSteeI said:

CHINA WILL GROW LARGER

give me that 3 shot autoloader upgrade xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2017. 07. 14. at 5:50 PM, SkittlesOfSteeI said:

CHINA WILL GROW LARGER

why they had to cancel command and conquer generals 2..:gaben:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@TheMarine0341 Howdy Sergeant- how do you like the WZ so far?
I am having a little fun in Maus the few games I play nowadays but maybe I should burn some XP and try it out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My question is: is this better than the Tier 9?

I can justify keeping an extra crew for the 113 seeing as its so different, but for the 5A's case it seems to be a pure upgrade over the 1 4. In any case, I only have two crews, and have no time to grind any more. I would be loath to part ways with the 111 1 4 after so many battles and fond memories, but if the 5A really is that good that might just do it.

Both tanks have that 490 alpha. The 5A gains gun depression and DPM but faces tougher competition.

I suppose I'll have to grind the 5A and see for myself. There's a X3 victory event going on for the Chinese tanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, ProxyCentauri said:

@TheMarine0341 Howdy Sergeant- how do you like the WZ so far?
I am having a little fun in Maus the few games I play nowadays but maybe I should burn some XP and try it out

Its enjoyable enough, but not unique. 

6 hours ago, lavawing said:

My question is: is this better than the Tier 9?

I can justify keeping an extra crew for the 113 seeing as its so different, but for the 5A's case it seems to be a pure upgrade over the 1 4. In any case, I only have two crews, and have no time to grind any more. I would be loath to part ways with the 111 1 4 after so many battles and fond memories, but if the 5A really is that good that might just do it.

Both tanks have that 490 alpha. The 5A gains gun depression and DPM but faces tougher competition.

I suppose I'll have to grind the 5A and see for myself. There's a X3 victory event going on for the Chinese tanks.

Its better, but feels... the same. Its a natural progression up the chain IMO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/13/2017 at 1:50 AM, lavawing said:

BTW is it just me or does this thing completely obsolete the T110E5?
 

Well it is new and WG usually gives players incentive to grind at the cost of power creep. Usually, anyway. Not sure what happened with the FV4005 :trash:

 

On 7/13/2017 at 4:39 AM, Fabunil said:

Why do people keep claiming it has a better turret than the 113.

It doesnt, its the opposite: the WZ has slightly bigger cupolas and the HEAT-able area in the turretfront is slightly bigger because there is a giant hole behind the 300mm thick gunmantlet.

113: 290mm

5a: 300mm

 

It's math, bro.............. Night and day......... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, GotTank said:

Well it is new and WG usually gives players incentive to grind at the cost of power creep. Usually, anyway. Not sure what happened with the FV4005 :trash:

 

113: 290mm

5a: 300mm

 

It's math, bro.............. Night and day......... 

5a has more easily targeted cupolas and a mantlet that can be BS penned often enough

Application > math

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, GotTank said:

113: 290mm

5a: 300mm

 

It's math, bro.............. Night and day......... 

5a has random weak strips near the turret ring, 'only' has 300 mm in some parts of the mantlet, and bigger, flatter cupolas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, SchnitzelTruck said:

5a has more easily targeted cupolas and a mantlet that can be BS penned often enough

Application > math

I was trying to be sarcastic, used a lot of periods to get that across.............. :P guess i failed. 

I too wondered what the "stronger turret" claims were all about,  on paper it seems like a wash.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GotTank said:

I was trying to be sarcastic, used a lot of periods to get that across.............. :P guess i failed. 

 

Ah :brokenheart:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

god the tank is nice but the game itself is still cancer, esp tier 10s. Playing the tier 9 felt far more comfortable even though this tank has way better handling and DPM and gundep

Update: playing this exactly as I would the tier 9 yields surprising results. The tanks LFP surprises me continually and the gun handling is actually comfy for a change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is arguably the best tank for pubs.

The perfect amount of speed, armor, dpm, alpha, penetration and size.

Its practically a killing machine in a 3/5/7 game, and an extremely effective 2nd line fire support in 15X.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Took me a while but i finally aced it yesterday w 7.5k damg and 3.5k  blocked along w 6 kills.  I was a 1 shot so It would have been just enough for ht 15 (t55) but Im one away from that one

1.5 base

 

In pubs 3/5/7 as carbon says, this thing is unfair.  Its so much better than the 9 as well. 

Look at my recents-playing 8s on a laptop in Maine, grinding credits for this 5a.  Just a brutal lesson in how much pub 8s are not fun any more, at least for me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

while  i can do 3k+ damage in this, 2 mark requirement is really high. its 4k+ RIP

any tips to reach this goal?? 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheMarine0341 said:

@Fulcrous describe the levels of comfort you experienced, pls

Anything below 4k was a bad game.

Anything between 4-4.5k was meh.

anything above was :gachi:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Worth a buy even though I've got a garage full of 10s I never play? Grinding the xp on the 1-4 is obviously a non issue, and I do love China heavies...I guess I can always bank it and hope Xs become fun again...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ill hazard a comment and say this tank is fun to play

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/2/2017 at 0:08 AM, CraBeatOff said:

Worth a buy even though I've got a garage full of 10s I never play? Grinding the xp on the 1-4 is obviously a non issue, and I do love China heavies...I guess I can always bank it and hope Xs become fun again...

Jump on my account and see for yourself. Its a fun tank

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's fun. For everyone but me.

I struggle a lot with it. Everything autopens me while I bounce every shot possible on tanks like the e100 or any other flat tank.

The upper plate is extremely unreliable and I got some really weird penetrations even when using its full depression (which is decent for a heavy).. The turret is a lie, 300mm thick yet every shitlord pens it with standard rounds, everyone snaps my cupolas like they're the size of a type 5 and this triggers me a lot.

The gun is decent, apart from the usual 50m miss or bounce on the side of a is3.

 

Today I've played 5 games in it, and I've quit before dying in all 5 battles.. Currently I have an awesome 37%wr and 2.4k dpg.

Any good tip to make it work?

I am usually quite aggressive because of the speed, I try to use its depression to avoid showing my shitty hull, I don't mind going to the medium flank when I see a shitload of superheavies (cuz Fuck trading 500 for 650 when I have to aim at weakspots and the enemy has to click once without aiming)

Equipment: rammer, vstab, vents.

15 AP, 25 heat, 2 HE

Bia + repairs.

 

I'm so fucking tilted right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your UFP do not reach autobounce at full depression; it only reach 280 - 290mm effective armor vs AP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What are the best 4th skills if I have BIA, 6th sense & repairs & snapshot & smooth ride & safe stowage already on a girl crew? Crew is on a WZ 111 1-4 at the moment but will go to the 5A eventually.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.