Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kaneaaa

Best TD for td15 T55A mission

48 posts in this topic

I'm finishing off the T55A missions at the moment, but stuck with light tanks and the final mission on arty... mediums, TD and heavies all finished with honours.

For TD-15 I recommend any TD that has 750 alpha, as you're basically just needing to land 6 or so shots on a full-health enemy to get the required damage numbers. Did it pretty easily with the Grille-15. I reckon something with lower alpha is much tougher to do if you're not a top-level player as you need to have a really strong game with enough HP to hit. A tier 9 or 10 TD with 750 alpha however can simply have a good game and roll in the damage numbers.

HT-12 I believe I finished it with the Type 4 heavy. First time was being swarmed at the end (so without honours) and having a bunch of people bounce like crazy all over me, but otherwise with good armour usage you can actually bait a lot of bounces if you can poke at extreme angles around a corner while hiding your side/shoulder. Derp gun of course to get your damage numbers up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Balthazars said:

I'm finishing off the T55A missions at the moment, but stuck with light tanks and the final mission on arty... mediums, TD and heavies all finished with honours.

For TD-15 I recommend any TD that has 750 alpha, as you're basically just needing to land 6 or so shots on a full-health enemy to get the required damage numbers. Did it pretty easily with the Grille-15. I reckon something with lower alpha is much tougher to do if you're not a top-level player as you need to have a really strong game with enough HP to hit. A tier 9 or 10 TD with 750 alpha however can simply have a good game and roll in the damage numbers.

HT-12 I believe I finished it with the Type 4 heavy. First time was being swarmed at the end (so without honours) and having a bunch of people bounce like crazy all over me, but otherwise with good armour usage you can actually bait a lot of bounces if you can poke at extreme angles around a corner while hiding your side/shoulder. Derp gun of course to get your damage numbers up.

Finisg LT with honors and fuck SPG.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BlackAdder said:

Finisg LT with honors and fuck SPG.

That is how i have been doing the missions so far

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, nabucodonsor said:

That is how i have been doing the missions so far

That’s the right way. :) 

And even more now when you can combine girls with guys for BIA/SOS :doge:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's been a long-arse time since I did the T-55A missions, but I did TD-15 for the Obj 260 with the Death Star. I got MM which would have classed as ludicrously lucky at the time but is probably a lot more normal now in the days of 3-5-7 along with a game where I could minimize vulnerability during reloads - obviously some of this won't apply as you don't have the 183, but here's my game in case you can get any useful ideas from it.

(I was originally planning a whole series of these vids, but the mission requirements have changed so many times that I don't really think they'd be much use any more).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2017-07-14 at 6:39 PM, MagicalFlyingFox said:

Lucky fucker. Can i transfer? 75% of the population here spam gold religiously. 

Play Maus and bounce everything anyways :gachi:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nearly did it yesterday till some moron capped....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ht12 I done it in the tier 6 Japan heavy.  Oi is it?  Took about 20 games,  had tried everything before. 

Td 15.3 I done in jt the first time.  Died though.  Don't play arty so managed to do it in skorpion soon enough after also. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

HT-12.3 can be done much more easily in T29 or O-I if there's no arty so you get to sit around, hold down a flank, and plink shots.  Sometimes the O-I gets killed before you can get 2k damage though.  I did HT-12.3 and 12.4 in the VKB days before they nerfed the lower plate.

Don't forget about the Swedish heavies holding a hill!  Again, with no arty, you can sit around and rack up some numbers.

I suck at TDs.  Took me a couple hundred games in JPE100 to get TD-15.3.  That's when I sold it and went up the Grille line.  But with the new MM you can get much larger health pools in the battles than before if you have the higher tier tanks.  If all you have a Skorp it's definitely possible however if you were having good enough games in it to do it then I guess you wouldn't be posting :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did HT12-2 in a Defender yesterday - sidescrapping for the life of me yelling SHOOT ME at reds....got it because of the inability of an E25 (in the ass) and Vk100 (frontally point blank) to pen me.  Think i will invest in a bigger alpha gun for the TD mission

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Thundercrack said:

HT-12.3 can be done much more easily in T29 or O-I if there's no arty so you get to sit around, hold down a flank, and plink shots.  Sometimes the O-I gets killed before you can get 2k damage though.  I did HT-12.3 and 12.4 in the VKB days before they nerfed the lower plate.

Don't forget about the Swedish heavies holding a hill!  Again, with no arty, you can sit around and rack up some numbers.

I suck at TDs.  Took me a couple hundred games in JPE100 to get TD-15.3.  That's when I sold it and went up the Grille line.  But with the new MM you can get much larger health pools in the battles than before if you have the higher tier tanks.  If all you have a Skorp it's definitely possible however if you were having good enough games in it to do it then I guess you wouldn't be posting :)

No one shoots at me in my Emil II. I'm at ht12.4 and t29 and OI can only bounce enough in games where I won't make 3000dmg since my team will kill the morons shooting me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would guess that you need a tank that people think they have a chance to pen and therefore shoot in the first place. For example not many people are stupid enough to even bother shoot hull down IS-7 so that is not very good for bounce missions even though armor is epic. So basically you need a tank with good, but not impenetrable armor. Maus is pretty much perfect for that, it can be penetrated with HEAT, but if you don't know what you are doing or have a bit bad luck it will still bounce it. I think that new T8 VK 100-something German heavy might be pretty good also, at least I'm bouncing shots from that way too much, too lazy to check where should I be shooting :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, HS5 said:

I would guess that you need a tank that people think they have a chance to pen and therefore shoot in the first place. For example not many people are stupid enough to even bother shoot hull down IS-7 so that is not very good for bounce missions even though armor is epic. So basically you need a tank with good, but not impenetrable armor. Maus is pretty much perfect for that, it can be penetrated with HEAT, but if you don't know what you are doing or have a bit bad luck it will still bounce it. I think that new T8 VK 100-something German heavy might be pretty good also, at least I'm bouncing shots from that way too much, too lazy to check where should I be shooting :) 

E5 too, especially since cupola hard nerf, you just wiggle at mid range (like the valley on lake ville), and they will have a hard time to pen you. Same goes with strong turreted tanks like WZ and stuff with tiny weakspots. Emils are hard target so they spam HE or don't bother at all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BlackAdder said:

E5 too, especially since cupola hard nerf, you just wiggle at mid range (like the valley on lake ville), and they will have a hard time to pen you. Same goes with strong turreted tanks like WZ and stuff with tiny weakspots. Emils are hard target so they spam HE or don't bother at all. 

Why would you go for ht12 in t10 tanks given they have more hp and players are more willing to sling gold at you? t7-t8 mean more idiots who don't know how to shoot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, hazzgar said:

Why would you go for ht12 in t10 tanks given they have more hp and players are more willing to sling gold at you? t7-t8 mean more idiots who don't know how to shoot.

Because it's easy, no matter what tier, you can easily bounce few rounds of JPE100 and done 2K. And there is an equal number of morons on any tier. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BlackAdder said:

Because it's easy, no matter what tier, you can easily bounce few rounds of JPE100 and done 2K. And there is an equal number of morons on any tier. 

What 2k? We are talking about HT12.3 which is 3x HP so 6600 bounced. Usually before you reach that amount of bounced the flank has collapsed. I personally was talking about HT12.4 so 8800.

Also again as I have mentioned. People switch targets more in high triers and cling more gold. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, hazzgar said:

What 2k? We are talking about HT12.3 which is 3x HP so 6600 bounced. Usually before you reach that amount of bounced the flank has collapsed. I personally was talking about HT12.4 so 8800.

Also again as I have mentioned. People switch targets more in high triers and cling more gold. 

You need 2k dmg too. It's double in E5, i can send you replay. (with heavily nerfed E5). 

fUXF0HM.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, BlackAdder said:

You need 2k dmg too. It's double in E5, i can send you replay. (with heavily nerfed E5). 

 

Is your job title captain obvious? I have even stated in the post above that the 2k at 12.3 and 3k at 12.4 are the reason why you have to go up triers with different missions. The thing is MOST PEOPLE struggle with dmg blocked more than deal 2k dmg. FFS if you can't deal 2k damage in a long game above t6 then you are probably stuck at the stug missions. 

Also no need for the replay. I own the t55a and am 70% of the way to obj260. The topic isn't if it can be done but if it's an optimal tank. It's not. The same way TD 15.3 can be done in the SU152 (how I did it) but it's not the optimal tank for that  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, hazzgar said:

Is your job title captain obvious? I have even stated in the post above that the 2k at 12.3 and 3k at 12.4 are the reason why you have to go up triers with different missions. The thing is MOST PEOPLE struggle with dmg blocked more than deal 2k dmg. FFS if you can't deal 2k damage in a long game above t6 then you are probably stuck at the stug missions. 

Also no need for the replay. I own the t55a and am 70% of the way to obj260. The topic isn't if it can be done but if it's an optimal tank. It's not. The same way TD 15.3 can be done in the SU152 (how I did it) but it's not the optimal tank for that  

I have all tanks since way back, but doing 2K in T29 and blocking 3xHP isn't that easier than in E5. I would say it's harder, because of general lower DPG. But you know all, because you have T-55A. ;) (i didn't finish multiple missions on my other accounts). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BlackAdder said:

I have all tanks since way back, but doing 2K in T29 and blocking 3xHP isn't that easier than in E5. I would say it's harder, because of general lower DPG. But you know all, because you have T-55A. ;) (i didn't finish multiple missions on my other accounts). 

Mate you first put yourself in a position of "mr know it all" and now you took offense because I disagree with you. No reason to get angered. T29 worked well for me. E5 works for you. The forum is a place of discussion so don't be angry when someone wants to discuss with you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, hazzgar said:

Mate you first put yourself in a position of "mr know it all" and now you took offense because I disagree with you. No reason to get angered. T29 worked well for me. E5 works for you. The forum is a place of discussion so don't be angry when someone wants to discuss with you. 

I'm just talking numbers and sense, 2K is double but average DMG in T29 is 976 and for E5 1846 on EU. So by that logic on average, most people wouldn't do 2K. Maus is great for this mission too, big HP (you can take shots) and still do shit load of blocked. It's just the way it is. I'm not angry, but i rather speak from experience (and owning a tank and actually finishing all missions).

 

On side not if this is your profile https://wot-life.com/eu/player/hazzgar/ tell me more about DPG and pubs ;) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Regarding HT12. The first time I did my HT12.4 was in my Liberte but it was a struggle. But I did it several times afterwards during my grind through the Japanese heavy line. Once in my Oho and two or three times in my Type 4 so far. And I am only sitting at around 100k XP in my Type 4. So I am just half through. I am sure one or two HT will follow until I get my Type 5. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, BlackAdder said:

I'm just talking numbers and sense, 2K is double but average DMG in T29 is 976 and for E5 1846 on EU. So by that logic on average, most people wouldn't do 2K. Maus is great for this mission too, big HP (you can take shots) and still do shit load of blocked. It's just the way it is. I'm not angry, but i rather speak from experience (and owning a tank and actually finishing all missions).

 

On side not if this is your profile https://wot-life.com/eu/player/hazzgar/ tell me more about DPG and pubs ;) 

Man I like you, I often agree with you so please don't go for a dick move and instead of talking to me pick up an account which is not mine. A thing you should understand given you claim you have multiple. Lets respect each other here and have a polite discussion. Not get into a sad online gaming nerd flame war. 

I agree for average players 2k dmg on t29 may not be super easy but even sub average wotlabs players can pull 2k on a regular basis. I'd say e5 could work better on ht12.3 I give you that. On 12.4 I'm not so sure after nerfs and here I see more sense in a t8-9 tank with lower hp. Not to mention lower triers on EU simply get less gold spam. Also as someone mentioned it's better to have a tank people think they can pen. E5 without lfp visible would have to tank 90% of it's blocked on messed up cupola shots and that's a long shot. Jap heavies are a better pick and I'd say O-ho is a decent choice here since its front doesn't have so much armor people have no hope of penning but enough to bounce a ton.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.