kaneaaa

Is everyone struggling with their winrate on tier 8 now?

28 posts in this topic

Its getitng ridiculous, i roll out my tier 8s and the level of control i feel is going down and down, with tier 10s dominating almost every game. I dont seem to get the same problem at tier 7 right now but tier 8 is a total nightmare. Is this a general problem or am i just getting bran disease?

46 minutes ago, kaneaaa said:

Its getitng ridiculous, i roll out my tier 8s and the level of control i feel is going down and down, with tier 10s dominating almost every game. I dont seem to get the same problem at tier 7 right now but tier 8 is a total nightmare. Is this a general problem or am i just getting bran disease?

Being bottom tier 6/10 games is hardly conducive to one's sense of control, now is it?

15 minutes ago, lavawing said:

Being bottom tier 6/10 games is hardly conducive to one's sense of control, now is it?

Legally, doesn't this count as a credit nerf on tier 8 premium tanks? It's just as bad as reducing the gun stats or something.

Playing T8 during Ranked hours seems to help.

I stopped playing tier 8. No point trying to play my old prems vs the new ones. They're worthless. If I want credits I play type 62

I play tier 7 and 9, period. The biggest change is that in lights, now they can be top tier, winrate in those tiers goes way up. T71, Type 62, T49, T-54lwt FTW.

Not really, being bottom tier as a good player means you ease the life of your top tier players a lot so that's how it should go up

downside is that if your top tiers don't know shit you have no solo carry potential so for me it's been roughly the same

4 hours ago, Kolni said:

downside is that if your top tiers don't know shit you have no solo carry potential so for me it's been roughly the same

Unfortunately this is the case the vast majority of the time and you have to make up (while being two tiers below) for the brain-dead mongoloids that are your top tiers.

My t8 win rate went up.. No longer bottom tier with more than half the enemy team being tier 10s 90%+ times.

5 hours ago, Kolni said:

Not really, being bottom tier as a good player means you ease the life of your top tier players a lot so that's how it should go up

Depends on the tank. It's a real pita in t8 meds which are horrible against anything of higher trier.

Can I trade all my tier 8 prems in for a defender? Seriously I got all the old ones and thy're all fucking obsolete. I can't get any credits. Actually I can't get anything. I play to shoot some bounce some and die miserably.

I found myself having to spam HE like a pleb in IS6 because it was the only way to do atleast some dmg. Not that 221APCR is any better as standard. I outplay the shit of a wz-111-4 in the is5 but apparently wz-111-4 is immune to 221apcr frontally. Lower plate bounce no problem. I though it had the same armor as the tier 8 WZ doesn't it? That shot gets penned with 150apcr.

GG WG I can do 3.5k wn8 in tier 10s but barely breaking 2k wn8 in tier 8 prems. GG WG again. Thanks for the balance.

I find this question to be mathematically implausible.  There is no doubt the new MM has made tier 8 play much less appealing, but I suspect that effects to individual WR is probably just a figment of sample size right now.  Maybe not, somebody should data mine this and see if top 1% players are losing influence and losing more.  Would there be a corollary increase in shitter Tier 8 WR in that case?  

50 minutes ago, Archaic_One said:

I find this question to be mathematically implausible. 

As you note, the key issue is whether a player in a tier 8 now has more, less or the same influence over the outcome of battles by virtue of the 'improved MM'. If that influence has changed then it follows that the range of possible win rate outcomes will also have changed. As to proving any of this, yeah, sample size is going to be a challenge.

For mine however there were so many other changes that would also have impacted the established meta (light tanks, arty changes etc.) that isolating anything to one of these factors is going to be extremely difficult. Plus it is not easy to get 'recents' by tank so comparisons won't be easy.

2 hours ago, Archaic_One said:

I find this question to be mathematically implausible.  There is no doubt the new MM has made tier 8 play much less appealing, but I suspect that effects to individual WR is probably just a figment of sample size right now.  Maybe not, somebody should data mine this and see if top 1% players are losing influence and losing more.  Would there be a corollary increase in shitter Tier 8 WR in that case?  

there are so few good players that any change in tomato wr isnt due to the good players losing more

I am perfectly fine in T8 w/r according to noobmeter.

Was grinding the 110 a few weeks ago and ended up with 49% WR after ~80 games  :foreveralone: Probably more about me really disliking the tank and a bit bad luck rather than new MM, but anyway...for credit grinding I agree that T8 is not that good at the moment, maybe excluding Scorpion G. I'm making a lot more credits per game in E25 than with T8 prem heavies/mediums.

60%+ WR on Lowe - every single battle with new MM. Nothing changed.

Dealing with max 3 tier X tanks is an easy mode when compare it to old MM. 

Problems start when you Platoon. At this moment you lose the ability to be toptier. 

And being lowtier all the time sucks even with the new MM. If you drive thanks which kind of depend being toptier from time to time, better play solo. 

9 hours ago, Archaic_One said:

That would be the theory. Less influence for T8s in their average match means closer to 49% WR for everyone. Between being bottom tier a lot, RNG on which side gets the Maus/Type 5 and the Defenders I think you'd be hard pressed to argue that Tech Tree T8s have gotten more influence.

So is there a simple solution to this? Should wg make changes to top tier mm? 

10 hours ago, Fulcrous said:

according to noobmeter.

Damn, that's cold.

Simple solution is to play anything but T8 :) In my opinion new MM is really good for basically all other tiers, overall I really like it. I think that T8 has always been a bit in the same situation, at least for me it's probably my least liked tier to play, excluding super low tiers. I thinks it's because I mostly like to play mediums and we all know how epic T8 mediums are...

9 minutes ago, woe2you said:

Damn, that's cold.

Well wotlabs doesnt show recent tanks played xd

If you platoon 8s now you are guaranteed to be bottom tier