MagicalFlyingFox

9.20 ST Erlenberg Changes

21 posts in this topic

Really? Erlenberg? Its not even the most broken...

anyway, copypasta time:

Version 1

post-2001469830-0-36930600-1500291890.jp

We want to significantly expand the town (zone 1) making it more suitable for heavy and slow vehicles. The town has become “thicker” and has two lanes that lead to the center of the map, where it’s possible to come into position to be protected from the fire from the flanks. Such a change will add one more direction for active actions and will allow to transform this map from the category of “everyone on its own shore” to the map with more opportunities for attacking and defending.

In the zones 2 there are places for better defensing of directions – the terrain there is difficult to get through to bases and there are also some place for defending this zone. For both sides the changes are approximately the same.

Version 2

post-2001469830-0-18255500-1500291987.jp

These map fixes intend to provide more opportunities for playing on flanks for both teams.

Let’s go through the points that are marked on the map:

• Point 1 – we change the location of teams’ bases. As a result, the bases will have to be attacked and defensed differently.
  • Point 2 – the vehicles of the teams will now appear in a battle from both sides of the river, which will allow more effective distribution of teams’ forces in the very beginning of a battle and not to spend time on ineffective flanking.
  • Point 3 – in order to minimize “circular gameplay” on the map, the number of points suitable for defensing and attacking were increased on each side of the map. For example, on the bottom left and top right there will be the points suitable for firing at long-range and base defense. And on bottom right and top left there will be additional cover positions for impeding opponent’s attacks.

Version 2 looks like a shitfest. You can defend base by kemping boosh very very easily. 

Fuck I hate making spoilers on this forum.

edit: Also forgot the T-44 ltwt that was announced a couple days ago.

post-2001469830-0-98757500-1499915829.jp

6 minutes ago, MagicalFlyingFox said:

Really? Erlenberg? Its not even the most broken...

• and not to spend time on ineffective flanking.
  • to minimize “circular gameplay” on the map

Frankly, I'm disappointed.  A map that all classes could play well, was fairly balanced win rate wise (north to south I have 55.6% from either sides) and although the routes of attack were pretty standard there was a lot of tactical variation in how one accomplished a win.

Well in the superheavy meta I guess we need more close quarter shoot each other in the face maps...to avoid "ineffective flanking" and "circular gameplay" wtf

It looks like Version 1 is basically the roads in the middle getting wider and the castle/hill being changed a little. Can't judge without actually playing, but the main change they're trying to emphasise is that the middle of the map might be viable for superheavies instead of mediums and lights now during early game. 

Version 2 is a turd. 

Version 1 is basically made for close combat making superheavies more and more powerful while light tanks even more dead. Version 2 is what Fox said - kemp bush to defend base and use T29 like tanks to make attackers cry and die.

Does Erlenberg even need any changes? The only problem is river and that's because of lack balance of view range at X tier. They may add more spots to cross a river or even make it like it was in T-22 promo video.

Sad to see nerf of best map in the game

V1 is "Lets add more corridors......"

They have at least tried to address the main issue on this map, which is the teams basically gravitate to their sides and then camp each other out and it's too easy to defend. So they've moved the caps about, spread spawns out etc. But they have missed the key issue and that is the river, if their were more places to cross and you didn't cross straight into open ground that was overlooked by hills then it would be less easy to camp defend a side.

But man between those two map ideas they have introduced more of the worst things about WOT maps -

1. Less playable areas cos more water is great kappa.

2. More base camping nests that you can't flank so shitters can drive 50m from spawn and lock down the game with no effort. Seriously how many more spots like this do we need, elevated, bush cover, overwatch over every approach and just empty space in front of them. 

3. More brawling corridors for super heavies, cos we needed more of them. 

I like Erlenberg. A decent player can attack and make a difference in the middle bridge already. No need for changes. 

Erlenberg is 10X better than it used to be, where each team spawned on the opposide side of the bridges. was broken as fuck back in the day. I think it's fine the way it is now.

Erlenberg is a shitty map and a rework is welcome but this mal is just broken to the core. Like Komarin was. You can only change this map to a certain point or you just do a total rework, but then the map you also could rename it. 

Erlenbergs style is the river in the middle. And this is also the biggest problem. This river creates chokepoints which lead to a campfest. But without thus river it wouldn't be Erlenberg anymore. 

Or another design flaw is the City in the middle and the high ground on the flanks. The city provides almost no protection from the flanks. City is pretty much a death trap. And in one version WG now tries to fix it with their standard solution. They create a fucking corridor. Horrible just horrible. 

"Let's makes changes to Erlenberg but keep fucking Hyghway the way it is.." - WG 2017

I can't believe version 2 got past the drawing board. Point 3 makes the map significantly worse already and now a nightmare for cancer camp strongholds. What is so tough about removing areas that promote camping near the spawn and implementing areas that enable tanks to be aggressive?

I thought it was not possible to make erlenberg and worse. WG shattered my expectations.

version 1 seems fine overall. They only need more access points to safely cross flanks at the middle however.

7 minutes ago, Fulcrous said:

They only need more access points to safely cross flanks at the middle however.

That is the real problem this map has. 

Version 1 does not seem that bad.

Erlenberg is actually one of the more enjoyable maps to play for light tanks. So it makes sense that they would ruin it....

Next up Malinovka.  Field and hill allow "ineffective flanking" and "circular gameplay".  Castle to replace windmill on hill and 5/6 line low ground to become a "thicker town and has two lanes that lead to the center of the map, where it’s possible to come into position to be protected from the fire from the flanks."

Yep, one of best maps in game. And they see it as problematic it while real "quality" maps like Stalingrad and Kharkov exists. Well one can always hope they plan to dump those maps and only concetrate making modifications on good maps...

Don't forget about the T-44 ltwt, with the best camo values in game! Should probably make a separate thread for that but meh. 

T8 Pay2win wars. Now with the final nail in T8, a CW viable tier 8 LT. 

WG is really outdoing themselves this year. I'm convinced there is a new development team or some change in leadership that is coming out with all this garbage in 2017.

How are they going to advertise the T44 Ltwt?

"The T44 Ltwt! The new KING of TANK TAG! Enjoy racing around the battlefield as an invisible tank and watch your accurate shells bounce harmlessly off all the high tier tanks you will see every game!"

BOOM! YOU'RE IT!

How to fix Erlenberg: Remove the river, make it 100% navigable in 90% of its length. 

On 17.7.2017 at 3:55 PM, Kolni said:

Sad to see nerf of best map in the game

My favorite map by far left.. Every tank class could contribute in a balanced way.
But ofc the braindead vodkastinking average Russian pubbie has been complaining on the Russian server about this map too
'WTF MI STRONK TENK GETTS WREKKED EVERI FUKKING GEME..ME KOMPLEEINNNNN'