Sign in to follow this  
Rspctd

Improved Equipment Picks

19 posts in this topic

For all that ended up grinding through the swamp that was ranked, what did you end up spending your bonds on? Obviously, the equipment isn't insane enough to warrant massive changes in tanks but it'd be cool to see what everyone bought. 

I personally got a rammer and put it on my 113 to mark. Extra DPM is pretty dope I suppose. 

I forgot to play a few weeks so I can't afford shit but someone commented that STB with Ivents and some directive had russian levels of gun handling. 

^that was me.

I put IVstab on my STB. Because fav tank. It has a noticable gun handling increase. Using the directive for Vstabs as well gives it pretty much Object 140 gun handling, 

I put improved vents on the STB-1.  Haven't used any directives, though, as i'd like to make sure that after the next season (if there is one) that I can pick up the improved rammer and improved VStab.  Looking forward to how that combo will play on stuff like the STB-1 and Leopard 1.

I've seen a few people running the fire fighting directive, and no fire extinguisher to run food. Vs the 5000 bonds for equipment, some of the directives actually look pretty good value.

9 minutes ago, Hokum15 said:

I've seen a few people running the fire fighting directive, and no fire extinguisher to run food. Vs the 5000 bonds for equipment, some of the directives actually look pretty good value.

Those bonds will die out fast lmao.

1 hour ago, Hokum15 said:

I think i saw StoleYourBike runs tanks like that, IMHO i’m all for improved equipment end swaps for gold. Top players already possess huge amounts of gold. 

12 hours ago, _Juris said:

I put improved vents on the STB-1.  Haven't used any directives, though, as i'd like to make sure that after the next season (if there is one) that I can pick up the improved rammer and improved VStab.  Looking forward to how that combo will play on stuff like the STB-1 and Leopard 1.

Why not go improved Vstab first thought ? 

On 7/18/2017 at 9:41 AM, DHP said:

Why not go improved Vstab first thought ? 

Considered it strongly, but eventually decided to go with the better aim time and final accuracy (plus other benefits) from the vents.  Plus, the improved vents are a greater percentage improvement over the standard vents than the improved vertical stabilizer is over the standard vertical stabilizer.  However, the improved vertical stabilizer was the other one I considered and I don't think you'd go wrong with it.

I'm going to bump this one so we can revisit this now that there is a little more experience. 

It looks like I'll be able to buy a piece of purple gear after this season of ranked.  I am inclined to go either vents/rammer on my 111 5a.  Vstab just does not seem like enough of a boost on a heavy.  Optics on a T100Lt would push me over 500 which would feel dirty but I have not bonded with the T100 yet. and I'm not good enough to play it anyway.

Thoughts?

2 minutes ago, Archaic_One said:

I am inclined to go either vents/rammer on my 111 5a. 

I would take the rammer. Probably the most noticeable difference and you can out reload other 5As 

Thoughts on a Vstab for a bat25t?

That is the only piece of iEquip I am tempted by. I am quite happy to stockpile bonds until they are useful for something better.

Same question as above. Have enough for.one piece. Was thinking something for one of the tier ten CW tanks. Or something for t49 as it's my most.played tank by a huge margin and most fun. Can they be.demounted like normal equip?

7 hours ago, Copeyhagen said:

Can they be.demounted like normal equip?

Yes. Kinda. Costs 200 bonds last time I looked. Apple-branded vert stab for the bat is my dream as well. Only 1200ish bonds to go...

I went for vents and rammer.

Vents because it has the biggest boost of any improved equipment over the regular one and rammer just cos more DPM.

I like the look of improved v-stab and will probably go for that one next, especially for tier 10 meds where the improved vents + food + BIA + view range skills can still push you close to 480m.

Both pieces are on my E50M at the moment, it actually has ok DPM, working on the premise of buffing a weakness rather than a strength. 7.3s reload and 0.26 accuracy is not bad with the highest base pen.

if the tier 10 lights were actually any good I'd be tempted to get the improved optics for one of those, but they are not, I live in hope they will get buffed one day.  

Ressing this again. Do people expect them to sell tanks for bonds anytime soon?! Better to stockpile or spend now on ie?

Still haven't bought anything, have about 6k. Still contemplating the ivstab for batmobile. Can anyone who has mounted it confirm it's a decent improvement? Or would ivents be better for bchat?

I'm not far off earning enough fir my first bit of improved equipment.  Not sure what to get or even which tank to mount it on: A tier X cuz tier X (Leo, 113, E100, jpe, Tvp) or something that I play more regularly, like a tier 8 money maker (252, wz120ft), or something mission related.

In terms of what equip, I'm thinking of my clan commanders general comment RE equipment: Making something that's already good about your tank great, is more advantageous than making something crap less crap. I guess it's around maximizing the strengths which in turn would determine how you play it.

Thoughts?