Dakado24

How to increase your WN8 (mindset)

39 posts in this topic

I just want to share some mindsets of unicum players, because the gameplay and your knowledge of the game itself is not everything to play at unicum level. I am not overall unicum but recently I have many sessions of 3K WN8.

1) The most important is to keep calm and relaxed even after a very bad battle (wrong tank on wrong map, arty focus or something), just remember what mistakes you have done and try to remember it so you want play like that next time you get the map again, do not try hard next battle after the bad one, play as usual, dont overextend or dont rage, dont try to hunt the damage too agresively. Because once you get your frustration to the certain level you wont be thinking clearly and you will make stupid mistakes you would not made if you were calm.

2) If you cannot handle your frustration then make a break or find someone to play in platoon (with or without comm does not really matter) but the gameplay will change if you play in platoon you can be sure you got someone watching your back, usualy playing in platoon with another decent player will make your winrate higher so that can calm you down a little bit.

3) Many people dont think about this one, but if you are frustrated have you ever thought about taking a tank with pin-point accuraccy ? This will certainly descrese your frustration as you will hit more shots, you will hit more shots exactly where you want to. I recommend Centurion AX, E50, E50M or generally any tank with good aim time and accuracy and dispersion values.

4) If you are just looking to improve your WN8 play tanks that you like and play those on which you have a decent crew. I find that today the most enjoyable tier is tier IX because of the matchmaking.

5) Another tip that significantly increased my WN8 is that I stopped using session statistics because if you have bad start the green or blue values get you frustrated even more.

6) Many people think that once they will get 100% concentrated into the game they will improve, that is only a half-true, try harding sometimes wont help you. Sometimes it is just better to play your favorite music and dont even listen the game sounds which might be annoying after playing higher number of battles in a row (sound of broken engine, received shots...) thus increasing your frustration.

Tell me what you thing about these points and if you are unicum if you have any more mindset tips I can add them to the list :)

EDIT: I did not created this topic for stat-padders, of course you can always do that, but I created this topic to help all those people who are getting mad about losing strikes or just getting frustrated.

This topic is for people who want to enjoy the game more, because once I started to realize from where my frustration from this game comes from I started to enjoy the game much more and my stats reflected it as well.

I can attest to all of these points on the level of playing better and having more fun. 

BUT

For christ sake stop playing this game for WN8, work on winning more, work on raising DPGs. WN8 is a dead metric that nobody that matters gives a shit about anymore.

How to raise wn8. Play a light tank, fire 3 times. You are now purple 

Since when CAX is a tank with pinpoint accuracy? Final acc may be good but it has worst in trier turret bloom of all nato meds and other bloom values are only ok

Good overall advice. Your second point is often overlooked, but pertinent. I have had my worst losing streaks when playing while frustrated. I can recall winning one or two battles in a set of 20 and getting more and more enraged as the session went on. Walking away for 30 minutes or just remaining calm would have made a world of difference back then.

i noticed im just been getting mad just thinking about playing this game (even more so with WT)

i hate the reliance on pubs in pub matches; it makes me feel as if nothing matter (which i know isn't true), but its demoralizing when you have to play and depend on pubs that have single digit IQ's

i would improve my wn8/DPG if this game were half as fun as it used to be; not sure if the game is growing repetitive on me but its certainly preventing me from having any desire to improve

Quit using mods helps as well, easier to stay focused on the important things. And ye play light tanks! :P Then you will get 7k sessions with 70% win rate(solo).

6 hours ago, Rspctd said:

I can attest to all of these points on the level of playing better and having more fun. 

BUT

For christ sake stop playing this game for WN8, work on winning more, work on raising DPGs. WN8 is a dead metric that nobody that matters gives a shit about anymore.

FIFY

Well, I did not created this topic for stat-padders, of course you can always do that, but I created this topic to help all those people who are getting med about losing strikes or just getting frustrated.

This topic is for people who want to enjoy the game more, because once I started to realize from where my frustration from this game comes from I started to enjoy the game much more and my stats reflected it as well.

1 hour ago, Dakado24 said:

Well, I did not created this topic for stat-padders, of course you can always do that, but I created this topic to help all those people who are getting med about losing strikes or just getting frustrated.

Ya, and we are telling you how to enjoy the game even more. We've been in your position before. 

Stop worrying about WN8. 

2 hours ago, Rspctd said:

Ya, and we are telling you how to enjoy the game even more. We've been in your position before. 

Stop worrying about WN8. 

Funnily i am trying to play for wins but i only manage to increase my WN8. Like a couple days ago my recent was purple (now almost) and my recent wr is just green. 

9 hours ago, Dakado24 said:

To be completely fair, a topic that is specifically focused on "How to increase your WN8" implies stat-padding.
If you just had the topic as "How to not get mad" people might not have misinterpreted what you posted.

17 minutes ago, Fulcrous said:

To be completely fair, a topic that is specifically focused on "How to increase your WN8" implies stat-padding.
If you just had the topic as "How to not get mad" people might not have misinterpreted what you posted.

Well thats the first question that is everybody asking today thats why I put it in the topic name. But the content inside this topic does not have anything to do with stat padding. WN8 is still the main paramether to join a good clan.

I just created this topic for people to realize that not only their knowledge and skills make good games but also the way they think while playing and after the battle.

5 hours ago, Dakado24 said:

WN8 is still the main paramether to join a good clan

Hahaha what a retarded way to look at player performance. If they do that, just pad. They're asking for it.

A clan with proper vetting will look at WN8 first to see if the player is worth looking into, then they'd see what tanks they play and how well they go in 10s. Then either accept, decline or platoon to judge how they play first hand. Win rate should be a higher priority anyway since low winrate high wn8 means selfish play and like fuck are you going to stay in any decent clan when you throw away CW games by playing selfishly. 

11 hours ago, MagicalFlyingFox said:

Hahaha what a retarded way to look at player performance. If they do that, just pad. They're asking for it.

A clan with proper vetting will look at WN8 first to see if the player is worth looking into, then they'd see what tanks they play and how well they go in 10s. Then either accept, decline or platoon to judge how they play first hand. Win rate should be a higher priority anyway since low winrate high wn8 means selfish play and like fuck are you going to stay in any decent clan when you throw away CW games by playing selfishly. 

Of course that good clans will look closer at the stats but if player has overall 800 they probably wont even look at him even though he might be decent. I have also very bad overall wn8 (1750) but my recent is close to 3K. And currently my main goal is to make 3000 avg dmg on all my tier X tanks.

10 minutes ago, Copeyhagen said:

1750 overall is very bad? Well fuck me I'm only 1700.

I might as well stop playing games now then.  

It would be for the best ;)