hall0

T-44 ltwt - The tank nobody seem to care about

57 posts in this topic

I think the lack of a thread even after a week, pretty much says everything. No one really wants or needs this tank. Non the less I think it at least deserves this thread so we can discuss how shitty and useless it is compared to the M41 90 GF. 

nycZoLCWRGk.jpg

Tier VIII Premium Light Stalinium Tank

HP: 1 200
Engine power: 750 hp
Weight: 31,37 t
Max. load wt.: 33,3 t
Power-to-weight ratio: 23,91 HP/t
V-max forward/reverse: 68 / -20 km/h
Turn speed: 50 °/s
Turret turn speed: 41,7 °/s
Terrain resistance: 0,863 / 0,959 / 1,918
View range: 390 m
Signal range: 700 m

Hull armor: 90 / 75 / 45
Turret armor: 120 / 90 / 75

Gun: 85 mm ZiS-S-53BM

Damage: 180 / 180 / 300
Penetration: 170 / 210 / 44
RPM: 10,429
DPM: 1 877,1
Reload speed: 5,753 s
Accuracy: 0,316
Aim time: 1,92 s
Gun dep./elev.: -5 / +20

gQSnwylMwyQ.jpg

Armor. Not a lot but not completely paper either. 

FEudTcmkMQI.jpg

73wrGZFGpjU.jpg

RZ4bqc9ARfE.jpg

E_KWcp0pZ9A.jpg

It's high time for WG to relocate resources! Churning out new tanks at a hiherto unpreceeded rate does not make the game suddenly great again.

Ok, well, WG did not change the game in a way that makes light tanks actually doing anything special. Scouting is mostly dead and on the maps where it still has significance, MTs do it just as well or even better starting tier IX at least.

That aside the gun actually looks not that bad - until you arrive at the crippling penetration values. Seriously. 170/210 pen? LOL, WTF.

It's shit both as a scout and as a dmg dealer unless it gets insane russian camo, like 50%

23 minutes ago, nabucodonsor said:

It's shit both as a scout and as a dmg dealer unless it gets insane russian camo, like 50%

You are not supposed to fight superheavies. Get around the flanks and behind those and keep them spotted for yourBWUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Sorry, I couldn't keep a straight face anymore.

Re: pen values - Bulldog has 175/210, BC12t 170/210, LTTB 170/216, so it's not actually that terrible compared to other T8 lights. Only HWK has noticeably more at 180/250 but that has it's own drawbacks.

2 minutes ago, Madner Kami said:

You are not supposed to fight superheavies. Get around the flanks and behind those and keep them spotted for yourBWUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Sorry, I couldn't keep a straight face anymore.

Best thing is when you actually do flank an armored TD (E3) and you find full HP T-54 and M46KR camping behind it :awyeah:

It gets 28 base camo value or something. Best in game. 

edit: 29.6 apparently

1 hour ago, Marty said:

Re: pen values - Bulldog has 175/210, BC12t 170/210, LTTB 170/216, so it's not actually that terrible compared to other T8 lights. Only HWK has noticeably more at 180/250 but that has it's own drawbacks.

Best thing is when you actually do flank an armored TD (E3) and you find full HP T-54 and M46KR camping behind it :awyeah:

I was looking at the dpm and both bulldog and lttb, while better are not that great at it, also because they miss a lot too and aim a bit poorly. Also dont underastimate the hwk it has some very good features. It's maybe the best scout (note scout not lt) out of all.

Still compared to the blackdog the t44lt is garbage.

I was meant to do the thread many times (like 4 or so), but I always forgot to do that, and then I forgot about its existence until this thread :serb:

Only thing it has going for is best base acc of all LTs (negated by shit-at-everything-else gun) and ridiculous stationary camo, and thats about it. It could be quite nice for LT missions tho

2 hours ago, MagicalFlyingFox said:

It gets 28 base camo value or something. Best in game. 

edit: 29.6 apparently

Tank inspector shows incorrect camo values. Every tank that has ever been leaked has rediculous camo. 

Can't see this being worth at all compared to m4190gf. Only maybe camo and i doubt they would make it better than the t8 normal lt with all the uproar over overpowered premiums.

24 minutes ago, HemanathanRX7 said:

Can't see this being worth at all compared to m4190gf. Only maybe camo and i doubt they would make it better than the t8 normal lt with all the uproar over overpowered premiums.

As long as the tank has no special camo that comes with it, it will have a superior camo value as soon as you put regular camo-paint on it. WG has not figured out the magic-spell that allows tanks with a special camo to also have an increased camo-value from said spechul camo.

I wonder if WG is ever going to realize the basic fundamental premise of their own game - people play the game to shoot shit.  Nobody* anywhere ever downloaded the game and said 'I'm going to log in and spot lots of shit for my team mates to shoot".  If you give a tank a shitty gun, its a shitty tank, period.  I can only imagine 0.31 accuracy and seeing 27 shots fired, 23 shots hit, 5 penetrations at the end of a game.

No amount of armor, speed, or camo can overcome the frustration of driving around without the ability to reliably do damage. 

(*Tazilon not included) 

15 minutes ago, Archaic_One said:

Nobody* anywhere ever downloaded the game and said 'I'm going to log in and spot lots of shit for my team mates to shoot".

(*Tazilon not included) 

Ahem...

3qY1bJK.jpg

And this was in the good old times, when it had only ~100mm of pen with it's revolver. :P

You know what I mean though.  They make these new light tanks and they give them shit guns and tell you 'you're tier X komrad, go spot', or they nerf the shit out of the BC and give it a tier 8 gun.  Nobody wants to drive around with an anemic gun, its not why we play a tank game.  170mm 180 damage ion a tier 8?  You literally cannot even hurt a lot of tanks you will fight from behind.

The tank should be balanced around the gun, not in spite of it.

You guys are missing the best bit, direct from Wargaming!

We’ve got lots of feedback from you asking to add to the game some interesting top-tier LT for the Soviet nation. Today to the Super test goes exactly this vehicle – T-44 ltwt. What is remarkable about the first Soviet premium Light tank of Tier VIII?

• Excellent dynamics and mobility. The fans of Soviet LT (such as LTTB, T-54 ltwt and T-100 LT) will like it the most.
  • High accuracy and stabilization. That’s the feature of top representatives of the Soviet LT branch.
  • Fair armor and hit points for LT, which allow to take the blow of some of the opponents of the same tier or lower.

High accuracy and stabilization. That’s the feature of top representatives of the Soviet LT branch.

I6FgsDL.jpg

:superserb:

(shamelessly stolen) http://forum.worldoftanks.asia/index.php?/topic/74828-920-st-changes-to-the-t-44-ltwt/page__pid__1653973#entry1653973

High accuracy and stabilization. That’s the feature of top representatives of the Soviet LT branch.

:jebaited:

Maybe new personal missions tank? There have been rumours for ages about new missions.

22 hours ago, hall0 said:

I think the lack of a thread even after a week, pretty much says everything.

As much as I want premium LTs that aren't seal club tier this thing just isn't interesting. It looks like the T-44 and the stats are meh so there isn't much reason to get excited.

2 hours ago, Nekommando said:

The bigger the number the better the accuracy

Never4get arty AP :frenchy:

11 hours ago, MagicalFlyingFox said:

You guys are missing the best bit, direct from Wargaming!

I6FgsDL.jpg

:superserb:

(shamelessly stolen) http://forum.worldoftanks.asia/index.php?/topic/74828-920-st-changes-to-the-t-44-ltwt/page__pid__1653973#entry1653973

Sigh when will you guys undestand that Our Lord and Savior Stalin guides russian shells? They will never fail the Communist party said so. And if they do it is because you dont believe hard enough in the heart of Stalin. 

Why do you think the Leopard gets great accuracy but never hits? Coz fuck you it's German=nazi=evil. 

4 hours ago, nabucodonsor said:

Why do you think the Leopard gets great accuracy but never hits? Coz fuck you it's German=nazi=evil. 

But anti-german bias is gone since dawn of Murazor. Look at Maus.

19 minutes ago, leggasiini said:

But anti-german bias is gone since dawn of Murazor. Look at Maus.

speaking of Murazor when is WG going to replace him?

1 hour ago, saru_richard said:

speaking of Murazor when is WG going to replace him?

never

Just now, leggasiini said:

never

:feelsbad: