MntRunner

WOWS Tier 10 Elimination Thread

88 posts in this topic

They've done this in tanks, but we haven't done it yet in Ships. You can vote once per day, one ships getting an up vote and another getting a down vote. All ships will start with 20 points, add 1 point to the ship you like, and take away 3 points from the ship you don't like. 

Rules:

Increase the best ship on the list by 1 and decrease the worst ship on the list by 3. Each user is allowed to do this a maximum of once per day. When a ship hits 0, it is eliminated. You must explain your choices, even if very briefly. Highlight your increase with GREEN and your decrease with RED if possible. If you cannot use colors, use BOLD for your upvotes and ITALICS for your downvotes. I'll keep track of what ships are remaining and in what order they were eliminated. Remember to make sure you are copying the latest list before posting.

Remember to upvote the BEST tank and downvote the WORST, dont downvote because the ship is too good, you hate it due to certain person etc. Troll votes will get rejected.

Here is my first vote.

Yamato: 20
Montana: 20 +1 = 21 Love the guns on this ship, and the citadel buff made it more tanky.
Großer Kurfürst : 20 
Zao: 20
Des Moines: 20
Hindenberg: 20 
Moskva: 20 
Henri IV: 20
Minotaur: 20
Shimakaze: 20 
Gearing: 20
Z-52: 20
Grozovoi: 20 
Khabarovsk: 20 
Hakuryu: 20 
Midway: 20 - 3 = 17 US CV's are in a bad.

Elimination Order: (Updated as ships get eliminated)

1. Midway 
2. Henri IV 
3. Gearing
4. Z-52 
5. Grozovoi

Havent really played WoWs at all for past ~9 months and I generally havent played enough to know which tier 10 performs well and which doesnt (these days), so it will be interesting to see how this goes. Good luck!

Yamato: 20 + 1 = 21 The original big bad of WoWs is still awesome, guns ability to overmatch bow armor makes it a threat from any angle.
Montana: 20
Großer Kurfürst : 20 
Z-52: 20 - 3 = 17 A average destroyer at best with mediocre concealment and smoke makes it a no go.
Khabarovsk: 20 
Midway: 20 

I just started to pick back wows and have no T10 so i won't participate but i will follow in the hope you guy's keep it up till the end of it ! :)

Khabarovsk 20 + 1 = 21 still a beast.

4 hours ago, Jarkorsis said:

Khabarovsk 20 + 1 = 21 still a beast.

Are you going to vote for a ship to eliminate?

Also, updated the scoring since my vote from the OP didn't get included.

Yamato:  21 
Montana: 21
Z-52: 17
Khabarovsk: 21 
Midway: 17 

Shimakaze 20 + 1 = 21 because I still enjoy walls of skill ;)

Midway 17 - 3 = 14 because they get owned by IJN CVs almost everytime

11 hours ago, 1n_Soviet_Russia said:

Z-52: 20 - 3 = 17 A average destroyer at best with mediocre concealment and smoke makes it a no go.

Just saying, but Z-52 is borderline OP. The fact that the Khaba exists is the only reason people don't cry about it 

17 +1 for Z-52

20-3 for HIV. Selfish and boring ship.

Thanks @Rodrigopine and @publord, I've added you results an updated the list below.

Henri IV: 17
Shimakaze: 21 
Z-52: 18
Midway: 14 

Vote to eliminate is Des Moins. 20-3=17  The main issue is it's range is 2 short and it is rather soft compare to Zao and Hindeberg. I have 1 shotted them many times with T8 and T9 BBs.

e

@MntRunner It seems like people are not familiar how the voting system actually works on the tank eliminations. I suggest you to go on Rexxie's or my elimination thread and copy paste the rules for more clear instructions, and just replace every "tank" with "ship" :doge: 

1 hour ago, leggasiini said:

@MntRunner It seems like people are not familiar how the voting system actually works on the tank eliminations. I suggest you to go on Rexxie's or my elimination thread and copy paste the rules for more clear instructions, and just replace every "tank" with "ship" :doge: 

Good idea. I'm posting the rules below and adding them to the OP.

Increase the best tank on the list by 1 and decrease the worst tank on the list by 3. Each user is allowed to do this a maximum of once per day. When a tank hits 0, it is eliminated. You must explain your choices, even if very briefly. Highlight your increase with GREEN and your decrease with RED if possible. If you cannot use colors, use BOLD for your upvotes and ITALICS for your downvotes. I'll keep track of what tanks are remaining and in what order they were eliminated. Remember to make sure you are copying the latest list before posting.

Remember to upvote the BEST tank and downvote the WORST, dont downvote because the tank is too good, you hate it due to certain person etc. Troll votes will get rejected

Updated list with @Jarkorsis downvote.

Des Moines: 17
Midway: 14 

Großer Kurfürst : 20 +1 =21
Midway: 14 -3 = 11

The Big Fatty is the tankiest of the BB's, and having twelve15" guns instead of eight makes up for a lot of the frustration of the derpiness of those 15"ers.

Nothing gives me a frown quicker than going into a tier 10 CV battle and seeing our side has the Midway and they have the Hakuryu .....

Yamato:  21 +1 = 22
Großer Kurfürst : 21
Henri IV: 17 -3 = 14
Midway:  11

I gave Yamato +1 because she is the true king of the battleships.

I gave Henri IV -3 because near as I can tell that ship doesn't really seem to do anything that another cruiser can't do better.

+1 Minotaur, because "AP Satan" makes me happy.

-3 Grozovoi because it just seems utterly pointless.

Sorry, on phone and cant do full edit.

Yamato +1 because Yamato. Guns, armour, health. Decent AA. Yam has it all. Plus that fear factor when an enemy ship comes around an island and sees a Yamatos guns pointing his way. 

Montana -3 because its the least scary tier 10 ship in the game. Easy to citadel, easy to evade or bounce, it has nothing going for it thats better than the Yamato or Kurfurst except AA and that doesn't really matter because most CVs would just avoid it anyway. I treat them as nothing but a damage farm for my Yamato. This fact isnt helped by the number of terribad pubbies that go for it and get it because the iowa is at tier 9 (which doesnt help the iowa much either. So many pubbies driving broadside, so much free damage)

Anyway, rambling. 

Großer Kurfürst : 21
Hindenberg: 20 +1 = 21 for being a jack of all trades that's actually above average at everything it does. 
Midway:  11 -3 = 8 for not being good enough compared to the haku

This is actually pretty hard given how decent most of the T10 ships are.

13 hours ago, BiggieD61 said:

The Big Fatty is the tankiest of the BB's, and having twelve15" guns instead of eight makes up for a lot of the frustration of the derpiness of those 15"ers.

16.535" not 15" (got to be precise, they are german)

Hindenberg: 21 +1 = 22
Henri IV: 17 -3 = 14
Khabarovsk: 21 -1 = 20
Midway:  8

Henri seems to suffer from stealth fire Zao syndrome, IE, stays at the back and only fires HE, great for farming damage off BB's, terrible for winning games. Seriously, thats all they did all weekend for the french event, always last alive, near top exp, never did anything to help win.

Even if the Khaba is still great, no long range torps does take away a great deal of flexibility

Just got Hindy, what a great cruiser, HE spam is good, AP spam is good, manual AA is great and hydro is dank, probably the most flexible one at tier X, got do long range and close range, good AA cover, can push in with hydro and torps.

The scoring got a little off. I've corrected it, so whoever votes next please copy my numbers below.

Yamato:  23
Montana: 18
Hindenberg: 22 + 1 = 23 Great all-round cruiser, decent armor, good guns, decent AA
Henri IV: 11
Minotaur: 21
Grozovoi: 17 
Hakuryu: 20 -3 = 17 Don't have it, but CV play is pretty boring in pubs and 99 times out of 100 I'd choose a regular ship.
Midway:  8 

Zao: 20 +1 = 21 Troll armore plus good firepower plus great torps
Hindenburg: 23
Henri IV: 11 -3 = 8 A slightly faster Zao only squishy with bad trops and thus utterly one dimensional
Hakuryu: 17 

*Edited for Mountainrunners votes

Writing on tablet, apologies.

Des Moines +1  -  I'm only on Baltimore, but well played DM are one of the most influential ships I run into. If your friendly DM knows their shit, it's a huge no-go zone for DD's and CV's. If they run around in the back trying to spam HE and waiting to get deleted, you just wasted a spot on the team. Same with opposing them, if well played they are a nightmare.

Midway -3  -  meh, coupled with the fact that if it's a good CV player they will be in Hak, leaving Midway the refuge of 44% 38k damage scrubs. Who are always friendly...

Friendly reminder that you neg (-3) one ship and pos (+1) one ship. No more, no less.

Also, its essentially a given that the elimination order goes Midway, Shitty CAs, shitty DDs, etc etc. The Tier 10 BBs shouldn't even be considered for elimination until the end when they have to go up against Hakuryuu....

6 hours ago, Jaegaer said:

Zao: 20 +1 = 21 Troll armore plus good firepower plus great torps
Henri IV: 11 -3 = 8 A slightly faster Zao only squishy with bad trops and thus utterly one dimensional

*Edited for Mountainrunners votes

Khabarovsk:: +1 because the torp removal forces you to play it as it was designed. You should rarely if ever get within 12 km of another ship. The ship is the god of run and gun. At 8-10 km you get rekked.

Khabarovsk 21-3 (from previous post not counted)+1 = 19

33 minutes ago, Jarkorsis said:

Khabarovsk:: +1 because the torp removal forces you to play it as it was designed. You should rarely if ever get within 12 km of another ship. The ship is the god of run and gun. At 8-10 km you get rekked.

Khabarovsk 21-3 (from previous post not counted)+1 = 19

I can't tell what you are voting for. Are you voting the Khab up and down at the same time? Like conjay810 said you need to vote pos(+1) for one ship, and neg(-3) for another ship. No more or less. The easiest way to do that is to copy the list exactly from the person who voted prior to you and then adjust the numbers. Since Cheereereeios was on a tablet I'm includeing his votes, and you should use the list below.

Also, I'm not counting the -1 that Crossfader gave the Khab because it was second downvote in one post, and he didn't downvote by the required -3.

Des Moines: 18
Henri IV: 11
Midway:  5

2 hours ago, conjay810 said:

Friendly reminder that you neg (-3) one ship and pos (+1) one ship. No more, no less.

Also, its essentially a given that the elimination order goes Midway, Shitty CAs, shitty DDs, etc etc. The Tier 10 BBs shouldn't even be considered for elimination until the end when they have to go up against Hakuryuu....

That's probably how it will end up. I'm actually more excited to do an elimination thread for tier 6 and 8, but I did 10 first so people have an idea what are the better end ships for grinding and eventually CW.

I am up voting the Khab. Someone had downvoted it and is was not recorded.