kariverson

9.20 Supertest - British Medium Turret buffs!!

81 posts in this topic

FV4202 is slowly becoming from the worst t8 prem med to the best. This is too great!! CentAX is pretty much the same the buff isn't that significant but Cent 7/1 also gets a big buff. 

The new characteristics of some British Medium tanks are soon to be tested on the Supertest server!
British MTs have excellent elevation angles and a good view range, but unfortunately, the turret isn't strong enough for allowing you to fully take advantage of these top British vehicles. That’s exactly why we plan to improve the front armor of Medium tanks turrets starting from Tier VIII to Tier X.
The effective armor will now start from 240mm, which will allow you to play more confidently on terrain folds and to feel less vulnerable.
British premium MT FV4202 was not ignored either. Besides improving the front of the turret (common for all top Medium tanks), we’ll also improve the armor of the front hull so it reaches 223mm effective armor. Due to tht, FV 4202 will be able to fight with opponents using its strong front. Moreover, we’ll increase the engine power to 650 h.p., which will allow this tank to reach its maximum speed quicker, become more mobile and dynamic overall.
20246379_10159777235525377_3473042765381

20258248_10159777236095377_8230334966489

20294224_10159777236755377_1650345115851

Its good to see the Brits get some love after years of neglect. It's also very amusing to see WG acknowledge how badly they have done in terms of tank balance up to now. The changes to the FV4202 are simply amazing - I might even play it.

So, the 4202 will now be better armored than the Patriot?  

23 minutes ago, Gryphon_ said:

Its good to see the Brits get some love

Jq91F0x.gif

This FV buff still look like suspicious - I don't believe it'll make this tank decent. Not without a nice gun handling buff.

2 minutes ago, Archaic_One said:

So, the 4202 will now be better armored than the Patriot?  

Well it still has a worse gun with less dpm and less hp. 

Overall I like those changes. I wouldn't say CAX buff is insignificant. Finally enemy meds won't pen my turret. 

Also 4202 engine buff = <3

Also a side buff to Caern turrets? I hope they change the FV215b also...

WG solution for everything at the moment. Buff turrets!!!!!! 

4 minutes ago, hall0 said:

WG solution for everything at the moment. Buff turrets!!!!!! 

It is their way to balance the Defender... Buff EVERYTHING else...

And i didn't rush my self to the 4202P before the change because i was expecting the premium to be shit... Received like 5 buffs sinces.. Wtf.. At this rate next year it will be a tier9... :jebaited:

Just realised they are buffing the horsepower also from 510 to 650.. :triggered:

Finally my CAX gets some love....

I'd just like to point out that the hull armor on the 4202 is a bit of a lie - even now, without normalisation it really only has 140mm effective, which is around 110 vs AP. Those 223mm might turn out to be somewhere around 180mm of effective armor against AP.

1 hour ago, Marty said:

I'd just like to point out that the hull armor on the 4202 is a bit of a lie - even now, without normalisation it really only has 140mm effective, which is around 110 vs AP. Those 223mm might turn out to be somewhere around 180mm of effective armor against AP.

Not when using the full gun dep. It already is next to autobounce. If it does reach 220 EA it might become a godly heavium.

PS I have forgot about the Caernarvon, so too, it would seem, have WG.

I'm fairly certain the hull armor values for 4202 are for vs HEAT on 0 degrees normalization if shot head on. Increase of raw thickness from 50mm to 75mm would give the effective armor listed in that diagram. It'll end up at ~170 -190 effective on flat ground vs AP, after factoring in height differences, normalization, and the slight angling you can do without getting your sides penned. A nice boost against scounts and low tier mediums, but nowhere near as good as patriot's ufp.

Welcome buffs to His Majesty's armored war chariots

2 hours ago, DHP said:

And i didn't rush my self to the 4202P before the change because i was expecting the premium to be shit... Received like 5 buffs sinces.. Wtf.. At this rate next year it will be a tier9... :jebaited:

Just realised they are buffing the horsepower also from 510 to 650.. :triggered:

I pushed myself to grind that mission like an idiot and was thoroughly disappointed, very nice buffs I have to say :MingLee:

Very much needed, brings the Cent 1 and Cent 7/1 back to their pre-HD heyday when their turrets were actually decent.  Cent AX we'll have to see, if the flat bits are 270 effective then that will improve it a lot, if they are nearer to 240 then it'll still get penned a lot by tier 10 guns.

Currently the bits they say are 200 are 198 and the main bit above the gun is only 215 effective on the flat, so it'll be interesting to see which bits are 240 effective and which are 270 effective. 

The FV4202 is probably the shittest tier 8 premium around so needed some love, nice to see the engine buff, it'll have around 15 hp/ton together with some of the best ground resistances in the game so mobility could be tier 10 rasha meds level.  Funny that the thing originally had a top speed of 35kph, 11 hp/ton and average ground resistances, this will be like the 5th or 6th buff it's got, when I'm pretty sure every player who first saw the stats could have told you that it was going to be crap and needed lots of buffing. 

2 minutes ago, tajj7 said:

Very much needed, brings the Cent 1 and Cent 7/1 back to their pre-HD heyday when their turrets were actually decent.  Cent AX we'll have to see, if the flat bits are 270 effective then that will improve it a lot, if they are nearer to 240 then it'll still get penned a lot by tier 10 guns.

Currently the bits they say are 200 are 198 and the main bit above the gun is only 215 effective on the flat, so it'll be interesting to see which bits are 240 effective and which are 270 effective. 

The FV4202 is probably the shittest tier 8 premium around so needed some love, nice to see the engine buff, it'll have around 15 hp/ton together with some of the best ground resistances in the game so mobility could be tier 10 rasha meds level.  Funny that the thing originally had a top speed of 35kph, 11 hp/ton and average ground resistances, this will be like the 5th or 6th buff it's got, when I'm pretty sure every player who first saw the stats could have told you that it was going to be crap and needed lots of buffing. 

Minus the gun, it gets closer and closer to what it's original stats were, back when it was T10. Except it has a higher top speed now, too :trollface:

^Yeh re-gains some of it's old flavour with very good acceleration and auto-bounce armour. 

They also still need to fix the model, the turret is far too big and tall, and not as sloped as it should be. Hope that happens when they make these changes. Should be one of the coolest looking tanks around, instead it looks like a bobble head tank. 

Wow, Brit tanks got some love!

At least this should put them back to where they were before getting nerfed when going HD, in that the turrets are tough without being impenetrable. The nerfs were simply far too much in that the turrets basically became cheese, so this is quite warranted.

The FV4202 now looks quite decent, and I agree with others that point out it's good that it's getting back closer to its old flavour, which was completely trashed when it was changed to a premium.

7 hours ago, Madner Kami said:

Minus the gun, it gets closer and closer to what it's original stats were, back when it was T10. Except it has a higher top speed now, too :trollface:

Exactly. Putting the low DPM 20 pounder on the old chassis with a speed buff would have been fine, they just took 8 patches to do it. 

The old FV4202 had a 151 plate, I wonder if the new 9.20 one gets it so it woulbe be 230 effective va AP. 

Still I think the patriot is a better premium, so IMHO these buffs really aren't OP. FV 4202 Still has poor DPM and pretty poor turret bloom. 

Horay for the cent reversion to pre HD. Now I can take them off the boycott list of tanks I won't grind / play. 

So golfclap for WG. They are making the list of horrible tier8's smaller, and this is needed because Tier 8 sucks right now. We need more t25 pilots and less TVP VTU's  

Just wish they could blow up the defender, such an outlier. 

holy mother of overbuff batman

can they massively overbuff the STB next? please?

44 minutes ago, Assassin7 said:

holy mother of overbuff batman

can they massively overbuff the STB next? please?

oh hell yes, STB-1 and Type 61 needs less cancer gun handling to keep up.

12 hours ago, Marty said:

Essentially they buffed the upper plate from 51mm to 76mm of effective armor, not enough to bounce most rounds you see flying around at tier 8 nowadays.

The buff will only be relevant when fighting against 175mm AP-pen or less, aka shitty pref. mm, shitty scouts and lower tiers.

From the picture it doesn't look like they (luckily) didn't include the flat 127mm strip on the front to the buff so the change probably only make a huge difference against HEAT and HE-rounds.

Turretarmor changes are more relevant, basically they are turning this thing into a non-pref version of the Type 59 without the shitty pen.

Mobilitywise it pretty much gets the same acceleration as the T-62A (i.e mediocre engine power and topspeed with insane softstats).

Retarded changes overall but the FV4202 needed them badly considering the current state of the game, still won't come even close to the patriot because of its abysmal DPM and bad gunhandeling.

It gets a better mm-weight I guess but what do I know...