kariverson

9.20 Supertest - British Medium Turret buffs!!

72 posts in this topic

Does FV4202 actually have lower matchmaking weight though? I thought most of the meds released in the past 2 years have the same mm weight as heavies.

So they went on about the Leo and AMX 30 being too similar and now they're making 3x T10s with strong turrets and the 105mm?

2 hours ago, Fabunil said:

It gets a better mm-weight I guess but what do I know...

Is MM weight still a thing though? I would've expected them to just discard the entire concept of it with the changes since there are fixed tier distributions and matched numbers of SPG, LT and TD.

21 minutes ago, DracoArgentum said:

So they went on about the Leo and AMX 30 being too similar and now they're making 3x T10s with strong turrets and the 105mm?

Well before that you had 4xT10s with weak turrets and 105. 

So the brits will have the 4202 now, the rashans the defender, and the US the chrysler and patriot... One suspects a few more nations will get their turn before WG release their a press statement with a revelation that their balance testing may need some work.

3 hours ago, Hally said:

Does FV4202 actually have lower matchmaking weight though? I thought most of the meds released in the past 2 years have the same mm weight as heavies.

29 minutes ago, breeeze said:

Is MM weight still a thing though? I would've expected them to just discard the entire concept of it with the changes since there are fixed tier distributions and matched numbers of SPG, LT and TD.

I just checked the wiki:

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Matchmaker_(WoT)

So tier 8+ meds have the same weight as heavies whereas at lower tiers the heavies haver a higher weight.

I wonder if they changed it at some point, I always thought only tier 9s and 10s have the same weight (considering that meds and tds only start becoming competetive at those tiers)

19 minutes ago, Fabunil said:

I just checked the wiki:

So tier 8+ meds have the same weight as heavies whereas at lower tiers the heavies haver a higher weight.

I wonder if they changed it at some point, I always thought only tier 9s and 10s have the same weight (considering that meds and tds only start becoming competetive at those tiers)

Probably changed it in 9.18 or near 9.18.

WG:"HD tanks! Historical accuracy!"

Also WG:"We've buffed all the meds!"

But this is also WG "VKA and VKB will stay in-game" so the first statement is basically a lie

Since WG is removing weakspots can they also remove weakspots of the AT line please?

8 hours ago, Fabunil said:

It makes sense. It is a well known fact, that the TVP VTU is the best counter of the defender. :serb:

first they buff the turrets for the T-54, then for the two Patton's, now they buff the Cent turrets... i think i jut jizzed myself :feelsgoodman:

On 7/25/2017 at 7:58 AM, hall0 said:

WG solution for everything at the moment. Make everything overpowered

ftfy.

KV-5 better get some god-tier buffs

20 hours ago, DracoArgentum said:

Four if you count STB-1. 

FV4202

– Engine power increased from 510 to 650
– Specific power increased from 12.26 to 15.63
– Improved armor:
• Upper front plate of the hull increased from 50.8 mm to 76.2 mm
• Turret front armor increased from 170 mm to 240 mm.

Centurion Mk 1

– Turret front armor increased from 152.4 mm to 254 mm.

Centurion Mk 7/1

– Changed description
– Turret front armor increased from 152.4 mm to 254 mm.

Centurion Action X

– Turret front armor increased from 198.1 mm to 254 mm.

just put an extra 10cm on the turret. Its fiiine.

Am I the only one thinks the old 4202 model looks more closer to reality, at least for the turret size:doge:

47 minutes ago, Unavailebow said:

Am I the only one thinks the old 4202 model looks more closer to reality, at least for the turret size:doge:

The new model has a grotesquely inflated turret and a hull that, irrc, is a tad too low. No idea how they could mess up the proportions so badly.

2022 - still waiting for brit meds buff. 

On 27/07/2017 at 0:43 PM, DHP said:

Apprently it's not happening in 9.20. let's hope next patch. 

https://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/general-news/920-vehicle-rebalances/

Not sure that is true, I think it's just more recent so they can't confirm it yet as it hasn't been fully super tested, all the leaks have these changes as 9.20.

On 7/26/2017 at 1:45 AM, Fabunil said:

I just checked the wiki:

this may explain why my friend had a team of soft meds vs a full team of superheavies on himmels

On 7/26/2017 at 1:45 AM, Fabunil said:

I just checked the wiki:

On 7/26/2017 at 2:05 AM, Assassin7 said:

Probably changed it in 9.18 or near 9.18.

19 hours ago, Fulcrous said:

this may explain why my friend had a team of soft meds vs a full team of superheavies on himmels

Can confirm weight tables (individual tank weight AND global tier weights) are no longer in vehicle.xml. Either the numbers are moved somewhere else or removed from client files because MM is server-sided anyway.

Can confirm from a response I got from one of the Asia WG team that these British medium changes won't be in 9.20 but instead they will be in 9.20.1..

"

Hi, CardinalMite

These will most likely be included in 9.20.1 and not 9.20.

Regards,

Elphaba"