kariverson

9.20 Supertest - British Medium Turret buffs!!

80 posts in this topic

I'll believe the British getting buffs when I see it in the live server

These changes along with Chinese premium medium changes are coming in 9.20.1 apparently. 

On 7/25/2017 at 3:29 PM, tajj7 said:

The FV4202 is probably the shittest tier 8 premium around so needed some love, nice to see the engine buff, it'll have around 15 hp/ton together with some of the best ground resistances in the game so mobility could be tier 10 rasha meds level.  Funny that the thing originally had a top speed of 35kph, 11 hp/ton and average ground resistances, this will be like the 5th or 6th buff it's got, when I'm pretty sure every player who first saw the stats could have told you that it was going to be crap and needed lots of buffing. 

Actually, on that note, it will be slightly more mobile (straight line) than the T-62A, both have the same top speed, the same reverse speed, and virtually the same hp/t (in the T-62A's favour by 0.05), but the FV4202 has 0.4/0.5/1 for terrain resistance versus the 0.5/0.6/1.4 of the T-62A.

On 7/26/2017 at 2:10 AM, Fabunil said:

Retarded changes overall but the FV4202 needed them badly considering the current state of the game, still won't come even close to the patriot because of its abysmal DPM and bad gunhandeling.

It gets a better mm-weight I guess but what do I know...

I'm leaning on the side of it being a very strong tier 8 premium. If it's dpm was 2000+ I'd probably think to call it one of the best. One interesting point to note with regards to the patriot and gunhandling, is the FV4202 practically has identical gun handling to the current version and future if the proposed changes go through, though 0.33 accuracy versus 0.38 of the patriot.

On 27/08/2017 at 3:46 AM, Ogopogo said:

Actually, on that note, it will be slightly more mobile (straight line) than the T-62A, both have the same top speed, the same reverse speed, and virtually the same hp/t (in the T-62A's favour by 0.05), but the FV4202 has 0.4/0.5/1 for terrain resistance versus the 0.5/0.6/1.4 of the T-62A.

I'm leaning on the side of it being a very strong tier 8 premium. If it's dpm was 2000+ I'd probably think to call it one of the best. One interesting point to note with regards to the patriot and gunhandling, is the FV4202 practically has identical gun handling to the current version and future if the proposed changes go through, though 0.33 accuracy versus 0.38 of the patriot.

The Primo Victoria prem, and the proposed buffed Cent 1 are basically very similar in gun handling, depression, turret armour, DPM and pen to the Patriot. You basically trade hull armour for a bit more mobility and camo. The same will basically be true of the FV but it lags more on the DPM. 

4 hours ago, tajj7 said:

The Primo Victoria prem, and the proposed buffed Cent 1 are basically very similar in gun handling, depression, turret armour, DPM and pen to the Patriot. You basically trade hull armour for a bit more mobility and camo. The same will basically be true of the FV but it lags more on the DPM. 

From the looks of it then, the FV4202 gives up dpm for better hull armour and mobility (with the ground soft stats and engine buff). It's worth drawing attention to the hull armour changes in particular: for it's going from 50.8 to 76.2. The hull armour becomes ~180mm thick frontally against AP , ~203mm against APCR, and ~220mm against HEAT on level ground whereas before it was less than 140mm against AP. It will be able to bully D-25t (or similar) tanks reasonably well. Coupled with the turret buffs, and the angle of the ufp, if you get a little angle on that ufp, even a couple of degrees, the FV4202 will be able to go LFP down against AP and APCR, not just hull down (and the hull will autobounce 155mm APCR rounds now in that situation). HEAT is a little different, and requires an additional 5 degrees of angle before it hits 300mm effective.Throw in a wiggle, and unless you have more than about 230mm pen, you don't have a hope in the world of penetrating it.

I'm pretty excited, I might actually grind past the Comet now.
Reads this thread:

2017-09-05 18_38_24-WoT Client.png

To continue hyping the armour changes to the FV4202, this is what currently a FV4202 looks like against 226 AP shell somewhat ideally angled. The turret ring, moves from 200mm to 240mm at the center, making it more of a deep orange/red. The turret cheeks become >270mm against AP, instead of current their ~140mm, and the remaining front of the turret is now at worst about 240mm. Only the turret ring below the turret remains <200mm, but still recieves a buff from 152mm to 165mm. 

N0kYABe.png

Generally, where before you had to purely rely on the angle, now there's actually some armour behind it all. Even the turret forehead is >210mm against AP with the proposed buffs.

2 hours ago, Nkrlz said:

More prem spam! GJ WG!

FV4202 always was dark child of WG family. Now finally see some usefulness, but my still lack grunt against new “OP” premiums.

Never played any game (!) in FV4202 (p) on live server, but now I might give it a try. I kinda wanted to see 105 HESH as option. Accurate DERP :doge: 

These Tier 8+ buffs are going to be murder for new players and people grinding up new lines. With many tanks at tier 8 now going to be impenetrable to tier 6 and 7 even with premium ammo. 

4 hours ago, Hokum15 said:

These Tier 8+ buffs are going to be murder for new players and people grinding up new lines. With many tanks at tier 8 now going to be impenetrable to tier 6 and 7 even with premium ammo. 

Yeah, in the past little while, there has been a very definite growing rift between tier 6 and 7 and the tier 8's. 

When I left the game in early 2016 it seemed like every tank with a good turret was having its turret nerfed to butter.

Now it seems like WG is buffing every turret. Wut the fck

Edited by Serene_Potato
oops

2 hours ago, Serene_Potato said:

When I left the game in early 2016 it seemed like every tank with a good turret was having its turret nerfed to butter.

Now it seems like WG is buffing every turret. Wut the fck

Because the power creep is real, because money, they are forcing people to spam premium ammo

20 hours ago, Ogopogo said:

Yeah, in the past little while, there has been a very definite growing rift between tier 6 and 7 and the tier 8's. 

I remember where t8 tanks were easily pennable by many t8 tanks if you were willing to shoot gold or aim for weakspots. Ehh. Now it's fuck you. 

Also am I the only one thinking the CAX buff is not enough given that the M48 also has a great turret but it has better sides, dpm and handling?

Ticket submitted to have the knowledge that the 4202 wasn't going to be uter shit after the 5th buff and enticing me to actually make the last leg of the centurion 7/1 grind in time to get this tank.. 

Thats why you don't sell any premium tanks ya fools, especially when it is still being sold.

The new armor will be stupidly trollish as people will be actually forced to shoot the hull instead of autopenning the turret which is able to riccochet non-HEAT rounds when using even only 1 degree of gundepression, so any ditch in the ground will suddenly turn your armor from butter into magical riccochet-zone of pure frustration.

What I don't understand is that why is the AMX 30 and tanks that were introduced with no armour now have mantlets capable of bouncing tier 9 medium guns; I find that completely ridiculous

2 minutes ago, Serene_Potato said:

What I don't understand is that why is the AMX 30 and tanks that were introduced with no armour now have mantlets capable of bouncing tier 9 medium guns; I find that completely ridiculous

Because balance :doge:

Even better was that the nerf in accuracy the 30b copped (.29 -> .35) was far more significant than for the 30 1er (.32 -> .35) which still gained the armor, gun handling and DPM. Because balance. (according to tanks.gg at least)

Want to have maximum fun? Play tier 9. Want to play grand battles/ranked battles/earn bonds? Play tier 10. 

Did they drop the hull armour buff for the 4202? They only mentioned the turret and mobility buffs in the article.

Do you think these turret buffs are related to, or in response to, the growing awareness that tier 8 matchmaking is completely garbage?

The YouTube community seem to have taken up the tier 8 mm as a cause. First it was Ageing Jedi then the next day Quickybaby releases a video saying tier 8 mm is broken don't buy pref 8s, don't play tier 8 unless you're forced to and then just accept that you have to use prem ammo. etc etc

I hope the rest of the YTers also release videos saying the same things.

Doubt the turrets are MM related. I mean that would imply most balance decisions are related to anything actually happening in the game. (eg t54 / 140 etc.)

On the MM - i honestly don't get why it took so long for people to fully digest what the 'improved' MM was going to mean. It was pretty obvious from the get go that it was going to mean more bottom tier games for people. Perhaps they believed WG's justification that being bottom tier would be fun because you have lots of other poor sods bottom tier with you.

On 9/14/2017 at 11:34 PM, WorldConqueror said:

Did they drop the hull armour buff for the 4202? They only mentioned the turret and mobility buffs in the article.

Sadly, currently on the supertest, the hull armour buff was dropped.