lordawesome7

one last chance to get the foch 155

55 posts in this topic

I'm near the end of the Tier 6, but I'm not going to rushgrind. Ya'll say the upper tiers currently are crap, I dont want to grind through all that for an extra Tier 10 that is regarded as mediocre when I can wait till the buffs hit and then grind on buffed tanks.

1 hour ago, Fianii said:

I'm near the end of the Tier 6, but I'm not going to rushgrind. Ya'll say the upper tiers currently are crap, I dont want to grind through all that for an extra Tier 10 that is regarded as mediocre when I can wait till the buffs hit and then grind on buffed tanks.

but you'll never be able to get the foch 155 again (unless it becomes a clan reward tank)

well, i guess i can spend some spare cash on a worthless ghetto TD :P

Tier 9 unlocked years ago but never bought. Use all my free xp to unlock the tier 10 or buy the Foch and play to unlock it in time... Hmmmm.. think ill just free xp it. 

I have ~50k exp on Foch so about 240k left. First battle, Paris. 

:nofun:

Paris is a pretty decent map for foch though... compared to most of the map pool.

6 hours ago, HemanathanRX7 said:

Would be a good time to get it as well considering WG anniversary is coming up (most likely) before the 9.20 patch hits. So it should be 4mil on discount :D And who knows, WG might rebuff further, because atm nobody plays it anyway, and even with the upcoming buffs they aren't that good.

Nah. The armor buff and side armor buff are more than enough. The gun arc is just extra goodies.

Posted (edited)

On 7/27/2017 at 2:20 PM, BlackAdder said:

Could you link the source for that?

edit: thanx

Edited by #NightWolf5628

Disregard what I said, the flesh is weak. Gonna try for the Fochs 155.

On 7/29/2017 at 3:05 AM, Fulcrous said:

Nah. The armor buff and side armor buff are more than enough. The gun arc is just extra goodies.

Agree for a good player yes. But your average player is still going to most likely do terrible in it because it doesn't have a turret like the waffle(i still see people on fb saying the waffle wasn't op and wg should bring it back in the same breath)

On 2017-07-30 at 4:35 AM, HemanathanRX7 said:

Agree for a good player yes. But your average player is still going to most likely do terrible in it because it doesn't have a turret like the waffle(i still see people on fb saying the waffle wasn't op and wg should bring it back in the same breath)

Well, yeah. The waffle had such absurd pen and burst that any pubbie could pick a random corner to sit in and delete a tank. With a turret it was even easier.

I think the F155 will be a nice alternative to the Strv 103b - trading burst for sustained DPM. We will have to see how the gun handling will be though.
If it has similar gun handling to a 50B it may be broken in the hands of good players as you could play it like an assault TD that can take/is willing to take hits..

On 2017-07-27 at 11:01 AM, WorldConqueror said:

on that note how do you reclaim a tech tree vehicle that you sold, for the sale price? can you do it with the ingame system or is it with a ticket?

On 2017-07-27 at 1:58 PM, ThomChen114 said:

i think that only applies to premium tanks. they really should apply a permanent discount of sorts to tanks you've owned and played before, but that probably wouldn't be beneficial to them

On 2017-07-27 at 2:02 PM, Fulcrous said:

This.

They completely reworked the process. It used to include tech tree tanks. Now it's only temporary for ~72h.

Granted, it's been several months since I used one of my four yearly "exceptions" but it worked for tech tree tanks then (and the new in-garage recovery system was already in place).  An "exception" requires submitting a support ticket outlining the request and provided you have the available garage slots and the "credits" received from the previous sale available...

The in-garage recovery system for sold tanks and dismissed crew has more restricted; tank, crew, and time limitations.

Using an Exception to Restore Vehicles

Players can restore any vehicle they previously owned as long as they meet the following criteria:

• There must be records demonstrating ownership of the vehicle, and have at least one battle played.
  • You must have a free Garage Slot for the vehicle to be restored.
  • You must allow us to remove the Silver received when selling the vehicle.

Customer Support can use one Exception to restore multiple vehicles, but players cannot combine multiple requests using one Exception. Please note that if you wish to reverse another action outside of a vehicle restoration, it must be clearly stated or requested in a separate ticket. Further, there is no time limit as to which vehicles can be restored, however they must meet the criteria mentioned above.

In order to have multiple Premium or Standard vehicles restored, you must provide a list of vehicles that you would like restored. Support will not provide a list of vehicles previously owned for players.

Currently at T5 (didn’t make the purchase) what is cancer on this line? From T5 till F155? I planing to grind this out because shiny reward tank. :doge: 

12 hours ago, Fulcrous said:

Well, yeah. The waffle had such absurd pen and burst that any pubbie could pick a random corner to sit in and delete a tank. With a turret it was even easier.

I think the F155 will be a nice alternative to the Strv 103b - trading burst for sustained DPM. We will have to see how the gun handling will be though.
If it has similar gun handling to a 50B it may be broken in the hands of good players as you could play it like an assault TD that can take/is willing to take hits..

I saw a screenshot from TI somewhere but I forgot where, I think IIRC it was around .17 movement/traverse and .10 or .08 for "turret" rotation.

One stat I do remember though is dispersion after shot - 3.8, this can't be brought down by VStabs like other tanks can do. With 2,21s aimtime, it definitely won't be able to fully aim between shots. Closest tank with same delay between shots/dispersion after firing and aimtime is AMX 12t w/o vertstabs mounted, if somebody wants to see how much the gun will be able to aim between shots.

16 hours ago, BlackAdder said:

Currently at T5 (didn’t make the purchase) what is cancer on this line? From T5 till F155? I planing to grind this out because shiny reward tank. :doge: 

Everything outside of t5 and t9. T9 isn't great but at least you get t9 mm and it's decent at bullying lower triers.

16 minutes ago, hazzgar said:

Everything outside of t5 and t9. T9 isn't great but at least you get t9 mm and it's decent at bullying lower triers.

T6 looks promotional with 90DCA gun? It can’t be bad with 200+ base pen? Or??? 

41 minutes ago, BlackAdder said:

It's unwieldy and the DCA45 is a fool's trap. Very limited traverse and elevation angles force you to move a lot and the tumor on top of the vehicle doesn't exactly help either, given how relatively low the gun is mounted inside the chassis compared to the tank's "top". It does have good mobility and a rather good alpha for the tier though, if you choose the good gun, the 105mm, just like on the ARL44.

49 minutes ago, BlackAdder said:

Imagine a Swedish TD without siege mode. The horizontal traverse is that bad  + you have a giant GIANT tumor everyone can pen 

46 minutes ago, Madner Kami said:

It's unwieldy and the DCA45 is a fool's trap. Very limited traverse and elevation angles force you to move a lot and the tumor on top of the vehicle doesn't exactly help either, given how relatively low the gun is mounted inside the chassis compared to the tank's "top". It does have good mobility and a rather good alpha for the tier though, if you choose the good gun, the 105mm, just like on the ARL44.

So 105 is a gun to go with although gun handling is that worse?

25 minutes ago, hazzgar said:

Imagine a Swedish TD without siege mode. The horizontal traverse is that bad  + you have a giant GIANT tumor everyone can pen 

I can’t i only tested 103B on CT. 

4 minutes ago, BlackAdder said:

So 105 is a gun to go with although gun handling is that worse?

Yes, absolutely. The gun-handling isn't that much worse, as the ARL V39 gets better gun-traverse bloom on the 105 than the DCA45 and you will want to avoid moving your hull before a shot regardles of the accuracy and aim-time difference. If you have a choice between 300 alpha (or 330) and 1950 DPM (or 2100) versus 240 alpha and 1600 DPM on a tank that absolutely can not perform well when it's forced to traverse either way, then the choice should be clear, imo.

Finally bought the F155, after leaving it researched for years.

I find it funny that I didn't even want to play this line until they buffed it.. and now I want  it because the tier 10 is going away AND they are buffing the tier 10... removing the side overmatching I think will help it quite a bit.

Sigh... well played... and now I wants it.. my wallet hole is gonna hurt.

I tried to play F155 a bit. I found ISU-152 to be a better tier 10 than this thing in its current state, lol.

1 hour ago, Hally said:

I tried to play F155 a bit. I found ISU-152 to be a better tier 10 than this thing in its current state, lol.

Didn't I read they are removing the troll cannon from the ISU-152?(sorry, mildly out of the loop due to fried computer) Which is why I decided not to pick up the ISU since I am under the impression they are removing its gimmick.